The BIG question about the war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BIG question about the war...

So having seen the "epic" War without end episodes, and trying to get my head around the amount of time shifting that takes place in it..lol, one key question remains that I found through a bit of research, hopefully some of the members here can explain an answer for it, here it is and I quote:

"The assumption at the end of the episode seems to be that by successfully pulling Babylon 4 back in time, the crew has averted the Shadow attack on Babylon 5 in eight days, in which Ivanova sends out the distress call heard in part one. Does that mean that Sinclair's flashforward to the firefight aboard B5 has also been averted? What about Lady Ladira's vision of the destruction of Babylon 5? ("Signs and Portents") If all those glimpses of the future are no longer true, how much validity do the remaining ones have? Each of them could be from a completely different possible future, none of which will end up ever taking place."

So that question got me wondering about all what happens to Londo 17 years afterwards does it REALLY happen...i.e city in flames, he's nearly dead...etc....

Lady Ladira admitted that some of her dreams were fluid and open to interpretation, take for example B5, which did still end in fire.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

At the moment I am coming towards the end of season 3, so when the whole series is concluded I'll probably get a better picture of things..

Comment

And then you'll start back at the beginning to see how much you missed.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I'll doubt I'll go back to watching season 1 and 2, in the near future anyway...I still gotta see the other T.V movies, (only ones I have seen are In the beginning and the gathering..) plus i still have to see the Crusader/crusade series, so quite a bit to get through yet!

Comment

Jan is right though, you won't believe the payoff you will get as a viewer when you watch B5 a second time.
            What a wonderful world you live in. -
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Raiden View Post
              So that question got me wondering about all what happens to Londo 17 years afterwards does it REALLY happen...i.e city in flames, he's nearly dead...etc....
              Well Sheridan questions this very scenario of Londo in the future later in the season, and makes a particular decision in hopes of preventing it. A couple of scenes in the fifth season should make it clear whether this future takes place or not.

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
                Jan is right though, you won't believe the payoff you will get as a viewer when you watch B5 a second time.
                . . . . or a third . . . or a fourth etc, but especially the second time.

After several times I still notice new things . . .
                Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Raiden View Post
                  I'll doubt I'll go back to watching season 1 and 2, in the near future anyway...I still gotta see the other T.V movies, (only ones I have seen are In the beginning and the gathering..) plus i still have to see the Crusader/crusade series, so quite a bit to get through yet!
                  OMG - so u watched In The Beginning BEFORE season 3?!?!?!?! Args... u shouldn't have done that...but too late now ^^

Comment

In a way...

In a way I am watching B5 for a 2nd time because I saw it originally back in 94/95 onwards, although seeing it again after all these years feels like I am watching it for the 1st time, I haven't seen In the Beginning before season 3, more I have seen it whilst I am watching Season 3 of which I am near to the end of that and will make my way to Season 4

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                      . . . . or a third . . . or a fourth etc, but especially the second time.

After several times I still notice new things . . .
                      Same here. Each time I appreciate B5 even more. For me no other show manages to do that, except maybe The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
                      Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
                      John Sheridan

Comment

Now that I have a bigger TV, I started watching it again for like the 15th time, lol and I still notice things. I can now see the writings on the monitors and signs and just all the little details.

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk View Post
                          Same here. Each time I appreciate B5 even more. For me no other show manages to do that, except maybe The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
                          Funnily enough I have the same feeling about LOTR

For me B5 is very much comparable to LOTR, as an epic story, though B5 has its own particular identity.

Now I will have to start watrching B5 yet another time, now I got a bigger screen it's like an addiction
                          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

I agree..

Once B5 "hooks" you, you get immersed into the whole story/backstories of it completley, what I cant quite grasp is the fact that an EMMY AWARD WINNING show, never made it onto the Big cinema screen, something it most deserved but Warner Bros. didn't see it that way...

Comment

Working...
                            X