No announcement yet.

Objects at Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had heard of TmoS but I didn't know what the details were behind it, cheers.

Got to say, you look at some of the terrible movies which end up on the big screen and it really does make you wonder how B5 doesn't get there. Heck, for that matter, the small screen, there's some terrible shows, B5 should be living on in some way, shape or form.

Also for the actors, you watch it back and think they're excellent, you wonder how people weren't knocking down their doors asking for them in other shows.

That's it, I'll put the soap box away now!
    I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

You're preaching to the choir, I,Z.

Thing is, B5 takes a certain amount of explaining because it's a cult show. While the whole world knows something about Star Trek or Spider-Man or various other genre universes, most don't know anything about B5.

Look at what happened with the Firefly movie, Serenity. It had a rabid cult following even with only 13 episodes. They did everything right trying to ramp up interest, I think and it never broke even (as I recall) in the theaters. As movies go, it was pretty cheap, too, at only $40 million.

B5 has been off the air for more than 10 years now and while it made money for WB while it was on the air and made even more money in VHS and DVD sales, it remains a cult show. When I mention it, I almost always get "I've heard of that show but I don't know anything about it." If the studio were to do do market research, they'd probably get the same thing.

Which doesn't mean that there might not be something stirring. As JMS has been saying recently, let's "Ask [him] after April."

And as the saying goes, "Faith Manages".

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

In Support

Well here's hoping that the B5 universe does come back in some shape or form, its overdue!!! Hell I'd be happy to volunteer in anyway just to help try and big it back to the screens in anyway!!

By the way I gotta say INTERSECTIONS IN REALTIME is one powerful episode!! A real standout from Season 4 of which I am currently going through..

Comment

Working...
        X