X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vakie
    replied
    Originally posted by Whyruss View Post
    Hmmm I bought the DVD Boxes as they were released and they are in 4:3.
    On SciFi the intro is in 16:9 and the rest of the episode is in 4:3 - don't ask me why... ^^
    Hmm, I don't think so? I have the DVD's and they are 16:9, except Crusade which is 4:3. Have also seen Sci-Fi broadcasts and they were 16:9. The original 4:3 TV versions had the intro in widecscreen.

Leave a comment:

• Whyruss
    replied
    Hmmm I bought the DVD Boxes as they were released and they are in 4:3.
    On SciFi the intro is in 16:9 and the rest of the episode is in 4:3 - don't ask me why... ^^

Leave a comment:

• Lope de Aguirre
    replied
    Originally posted by trekkeriii View Post
    Noticed Netflix is now streaming the Lost Tales in HD now.
    I hope we will be given a "The Lost Tales" Blu-Ray in 1080P soon!

Leave a comment:

• Flynn2000
    replied
    The irony is, that the better and more important an episode is, the more chopped and cropped it is. A low CGI bottle episode will be the least effected.

Severed Dreams is so cramped by widescreen cropping that it's hard to follow parts of the space battle.

Leave a comment:

• vakie
    replied
    Originally posted by trekkeriii View Post
    Noticed Netflix is now streaming the Lost Tales in HD now. Figured I'd give you all a heads up. In addition they are streaming all 5 seasons (including The Gathering DVD edition in Season 1). Downside is the episodes are in full screen not the widescreen like the DVD releases.
    Wait a minute, if they are fullscreen they might have better picture quality than the DVD's. That is, if they are the original TV-versions, and not somehow cropped from the DVD's. Can someone check?

I was all for the DVD's being widescreen, but if I had known how badly they butchered the CGI scenes, I'd have preferred the fullscreen. Just compare how sharp the CGI looks in the 4:3 trailers on the DVD's, compared to the episodes.

Leave a comment:

• trekkeriii
    started a topic Babylon 5 Lost Tales in 720p HD

Babylon 5 Lost Tales in 720p HD

Noticed Netflix is now streaming the Lost Tales in HD now. Figured I'd give you all a heads up. In addition they are streaming all 5 seasons (including The Gathering DVD edition in Season 1). Downside is the episodes are in full screen not the widescreen like the DVD releases.
Working...
X