No announcement yet.

When did Kosh go into Sheridan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Except a stumble and recovery might have resulted in the same forces.
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Originally posted by NotKosh
      Except a stumble and recovery might have resulted in the same forces.
      True... but she might have also been holding the cuffs together with her mental power, after slowly mentallymanipulating them to break appart.

To be honest: I actually believe that Lyta's enhancements were such that she would have been able to break the cuffs instantaneously... and she was just starting to cut loose and explore the limits of her powers.
      I haven't read the short story set on the time period she is travelling with G'Kar, I don't know if it features further control and expansion of her powers.
      Knowing JMS I wouldn't expect him to spring upon us a Lyta suddenly much more powerful than what we saw in TMoS or other future B5 projects, unless the movie itself features that into the exposition/explanation of Lyta.

The Vorlons created a human weapon way too powerful, without thinking what might happen when they weren't there to control her... there is room for a TMoV project there.
      Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
      James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Montoya
        The Vorlons created a human weapon way too powerful, without thinking what might happen when they weren't there to control her... there is room for a TMoV project there.
        The Vorlons did produce a control for Lyta, his name is Sheridan. The one man trained to resist her.

Working the other way. I suspect that Lyta has been programmed to kill Sheridan if he gos out of control.
        Andrew Swallow

Comment

The Control is built into Lyta herself.

She has Vorlon Programming in her Brain that she doesn't have conscious access to.

If This happens, do This!

The fact that she gets better, more conscious control of her abilities when she's threatened is only to be expected.
          There, she's reacting to situations the Vorlons knew they couldn't predict.
          I'm sure they didn't go to all the trouble to create Dark Lyta just to have her killed because she couldn't defend herself.

Actually, I was surprized at how Ineffectual the Vorlon programming was in the Third Space incident.
          Lyta's growing powers might be the Vorlon programming making even More adjustments in response to that.
          The Vorlon's may have intended her to gain the higher abilities much more slowly so that she could learn to use them better.
          But, the programming was caught off guard by circumstances and needed more time to make adjustments.

Then, when she was imprisoned, it made More adjustments.

What Lyta may have is the Vorlon equivalent of the Technomage implants.
          After all, the Vorlon Tech is Alive. It would need time to build or expand the power of any implants that allow her to do what she does...

Those implants may be programmed to Protect Lyta under certain circumstances, whether she approves of what they do or not.

From the Vorlon POV, if Lyta kills a few hundred people to keep her freedom, well, too bad.
          Compared to the numbers that might be killed by things like the Thirdspace Aliens that she's supposed to guard against, a few hundred lives might just not matter at all to a million year old Vorlon...

So, sending her off with G'Kar may have been the smartest thing ever done on B-5.
          Last edited by bakana; 08-13-2004, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X