No announcement yet.

Future of B5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the box set probably with one or two new features. I can't imagine this well sell well since most fans have it. Not many people will re-buy due it not being Blu-Ray as well as a weak economy. If this is the "big secret" then its a Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by lotjx View Post
      If this is the "big secret" then its a Fail.
      Given that it's nothing that would require JMS's participation, I'm quite certain it's not involved with the 'movement in the tall grasses' at all.

I could be wrong, but I'm certain!

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I'm hopeful. This is something big. It has to be! We've suffered long enough. Great Maker, bring it!

Comment

Originally posted by lotjx View Post
          Its the box set probably with one or two new features. I can't imagine this well sell well since most fans have it. Not many people will re-buy due it not being Blu-Ray as well as a weak economy. If this is the "big secret" then its a Fail.
          I doubt that is the case (although nothing would surprise me with WB). As Jan says, the release of a new DVD set would require no input from JMS so it seems unlikely that this would be what he is referring to in his comments about April. It also seems extremely unlikely that JMS would bother dropping this sort of hint if this is all it relates to.

On the other hand, if something new is coming in the B5 universe, what better time to release a new box set ...

Not getting my hopes up too high, but I think this hints at good news rather than the usual disappointments.
          The Optimist: The glass is half full
          The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
          The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

If they do new features which something like a new box set sometimes require, they might need JMS' input or at least input from others from the B5 universe. I just have little faith WB will do the right thing or JMS has the time to do another big B5 project.

Comment

JMS always said he knew the timeline for B5 and what was going on in it, but not in huge detail...maybe he's been working on sections of that to flesh it out. That could possibly let him swing either way to do some work pre B5 or after B5. If it was after, the ageing of the actor's wouldn't be too much of an issue and they'd all fit comfortably back into their roles. Season 5 saw a new potential new line up for the ambassadors on the station, so the show could revolve around them with the other cast popping back in every now and then (including the Crusade cast, maybe...)

A novel idea, which I don't think he'd do, would be a couple of big budget movies set at different points in B5 time line, like the Dilgar war or the fall of Psi Corps, which could bookend a new series. They could work for the network to see if the shows brought in new fans (us lot are a given!) who would then purchase the DVD box sets possibly.

I'm just throwing random ideas out there to kill time unitl April
              I'm a pessimist: that way you're never disappointed but frequently, pleasantly surprised

Comment

I'm not sure about anyone else on here, but We have never had any B5 re-runs. Im not sure of anywhere in the states that do, my hubby thinks maybe that is also in the works in april?

Comment

^^ Possible. And it'd be cool. But unless it was a situation where they add commentary by JMS on the eps, I don't see where it'd need his participation. I'd love to have the episode slots at 90 minutes with new commentary by JMS and actors but I haven't seen any indications of that so far.

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

So at the moment, its the speculation continues...

Comment

Working...
                    X