• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    DGTWoodward
    A Fan Of Pioneer

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Apart from the fine roles already mentioned, did you ever get CALLAN in the USA? It was a fine, tough, gritty cop drama where Edward played the title character. There was also a movie based on the show. The signature visual for the show was the naked, swinging lightbulb playing over the theme tune. It was actually something landmark show here in the UK.

Edward also had a tremendous singing voice, a talent he very rarely got a chance to shine through with.

A real loss.

RIP

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    Vorlon Technomage

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by DeMonk View Post
    Edward Woodward, Peter's (Galen) father has died today. He played his father in an episode of Crusade too.
    Just in the interest of accuracy, Edward Woodward played Alwyn, a fellow Technomage, but not Galen's father in "Crusade" ("The Long Road"). Galen's biological parents are revealed in "The Passing of the Techno-mages" trilogy of novels. In "The Long Road," Alwyn and Galen talked about Elric, Galen's teacher and the man who raised him.

If I said anything more, it'd be a spoiler for the Technomage trilogy.

I'll always remember Edward Woodward as Alwyn, The Equalizer (McCall) and Sgt. Howie (The Wicker Man).

RIP Edward. You'll be missed.

Leave a comment:

• thegavel
    Confirmed User

• thegavel
    replied
    Originally posted by Opaque View Post
    Sad news indeed.
    The Long Road is my favourite Crusade episode, largely due to Edward being in it.
    I Agree!! (and I do like Dragons )
    Cheers
    Gav

Leave a comment:

• jonodan
    Confirmed User

• jonodan
    replied
    I very much enjoyed Woodward in the TV program, "The Equalizer". Sadly, the program didn't last much longer after he suffered a heart-attack and was limited in making appearances in the remaining episodes. Robert Mitchum stepped in to help take the pressure off Woodward, but the show only lasted another season or so afterwards.

The good news is that "The Equalizer" finally made it to DVD, I believe, last year.

Leave a comment:

• Opaque
    Junior vice-president

• Opaque
    replied
    Sad news indeed.
    The Long Road is my favourite Crusade episode, largely due to Edward being in it.

Alwyn wasn't Galen's father though. Just a friend.

Leave a comment:

• thegavel
    Confirmed User

• thegavel
    replied
    Another sad loss in the B5 universe.
    R.I.P Edward.

Leave a comment:

• Winged Heron
    SL B5E RL Ambassador

• Winged Heron
    replied
    He was wonderful in Crusade and passed on a great talent to his son. For B5ers his part in Crusade will always be his legacy to us.

Leave a comment:

• Spoo Junky
    Confirmed User

• Spoo Junky
    replied
    That's too bad I thought he and Peter did a great job together in Crusade.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    ISN Anchor

• OmahaStar
    replied
    RIP He was always great, whether as the Equalizer or Crusade, or any of the rolls he's had over the years. My condolences to his family, especially Peter.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    Confirmed User

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    I read about this this morning. He was fine actor.

Leave a comment:

• Jonas
    Confirmed User

• Jonas
    replied
    I just read about it, too. He was a fine actor.

One journey ends. Another begins.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear that. He was a great actor and I loved his character in "The Long Road" (Crusade).

Jan

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    Confirmed User

• DeMonk
    started a topic Edward Woodward has died - Crusade

Edward Woodward has died - Crusade

Edward Woodward, Peter's (Galen) father has died today. He played his father in an episode of Crusade too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...d-dies-79.html
Working...
X