Edward Woodward has died - Crusade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Woodward has died - Crusade

Edward Woodward, Peter's (Galen) father has died today. He played his father in an episode of Crusade too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...d-dies-79.html
    Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side and the truth.
    John Sheridan

I'm sorry to hear that. He was a great actor and I loved his character in "The Long Road" (Crusade).

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I just read about it, too. He was a fine actor.

One journey ends. Another begins.
      Jonas Kyratzes | Lands of Dream

Comment

I read about this this morning. He was fine actor.

Comment

RIP He was always great, whether as the Equalizer or Crusade, or any of the rolls he's had over the years. My condolences to his family, especially Peter.
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

That's too bad I thought he and Peter did a great job together in Crusade.
            Flying around the room under my own power.

Comment

He was wonderful in Crusade and passed on a great talent to his son. For B5ers his part in Crusade will always be his legacy to us.
              "I cleave the heavens, and soar to the infinite. What others see from afar, I leave far behind me." Giordano Bruno

"May the Gods always stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk"

Comment

Another sad loss in the B5 universe.
                R.I.P Edward.
                Abso-fragging-lutely-dammit.

Comment

Sad news indeed.
                  The Long Road is my favourite Crusade episode, largely due to Edward being in it.

Alwyn wasn't Galen's father though. Just a friend.
                  Nobody does dragons anymore, do they? Pity. Too showy I suppose!
                  -Alwyn

Comment

I very much enjoyed Woodward in the TV program, "The Equalizer". Sadly, the program didn't last much longer after he suffered a heart-attack and was limited in making appearances in the remaining episodes. Robert Mitchum stepped in to help take the pressure off Woodward, but the show only lasted another season or so afterwards.

The good news is that "The Equalizer" finally made it to DVD, I believe, last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Opaque View Post
                      Sad news indeed.
                      The Long Road is my favourite Crusade episode, largely due to Edward being in it.
                      I Agree!! (and I do like Dragons )
                      Cheers
                      Gav
                      Abso-fragging-lutely-dammit.

Comment

Originally posted by DeMonk View Post
                        Edward Woodward, Peter's (Galen) father has died today. He played his father in an episode of Crusade too.
                        Just in the interest of accuracy, Edward Woodward played Alwyn, a fellow Technomage, but not Galen's father in "Crusade" ("The Long Road"). Galen's biological parents are revealed in "The Passing of the Techno-mages" trilogy of novels. In "The Long Road," Alwyn and Galen talked about Elric, Galen's teacher and the man who raised him.

If I said anything more, it'd be a spoiler for the Technomage trilogy.

I'll always remember Edward Woodward as Alwyn, The Equalizer (McCall) and Sgt. Howie (The Wicker Man).

RIP Edward. You'll be missed.
                        Mac Breck (KoshN)
                        ------------------
                        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                        Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Apart from the fine roles already mentioned, did you ever get CALLAN in the USA? It was a fine, tough, gritty cop drama where Edward played the title character. There was also a movie based on the show. The signature visual for the show was the naked, swinging lightbulb playing over the theme tune. It was actually something landmark show here in the UK.

Edward also had a tremendous singing voice, a talent he very rarely got a chance to shine through with.

A real loss.

RIP
                          http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                          Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                          47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Working...
                          X