X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
    Did rather sting a little though, as I paid full price for the DVD sets first time around and this just seems like a bit of a slap in the face.
    That was several years ago, and it is perfectly natural that stores would sell these things much more cheaply when they have already been on the market for a good long time. Could be they have an excess of stock that they can't shift any other way.

Having only paid around £30-35 per season when they were brand new on release, I really don't see how selling them at £9.99 per season now can be considered a slap in the face.

In fact in my (admittedly quite limited) experience of buying season sets of DVDs the real slap in the face comes in the fact that native UK shows are often much more expensive than US shows for fewer episodes per season ... e.g. B5 at £30-£35 per 22 episode season vs Doctor Who at around £55 per 13 episode season.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    well it might be a long wait, but I have sandwiches and a flask of soup!

Leave a comment:

• DeMonk
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
    Ahh, the price of progress I suppose....I'll just wait for WB to finally get a sound brain in the CEO's suit/shoes and realise what a hot property B5 is and so decide to fund a complete CGI HD rerendering for the FX (in the correct ratio!) and a total remaster and 4K scan of all the live footage and new Fx then release it all on Blu-Ray.

Some day...oh, someday...
    Keep on dreaming.... that'll be the day I'll a need Blu-ray player.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    O/STAR is correct re online pricing on this site, for certain items. Don't forget that this is the wonderful UK where we get everything almost last and way overpriced. So to spot a gem like this is a great find.

Most of the time it just seems that businesses see the US price and just swap the $ sign for the £ sign without adjusting the actual figure downwards!

Still, as I said in the OP, I could not resist and just had to buy a full set for my mum and sis. I brought them into B5 way back when, and they have loved it ever since! I would give them my old VHS copies but they just don't have the room for them.

Did rather sting a little though, as I paid full price for the DVD sets first time around and this just seems like a bit of a slap in the face.

Ahh, the price of progress I suppose....I'll just wait for WB to finally get a sound brain in the CEO's suit/shoes and realise what a hot property B5 is and so decide to fund a complete CGI HD rerendering for the FX (in the correct ratio!) and a total remaster and 4K scan of all the live footage and new Fx then release it all on Blu-Ray.

Some day...oh, someday...

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow View Post
    The prices are too low. I suspect that the price of collected sets and individual episodes have been swapped.
    What do you mean? Each of the five seasons is 9.99 pounds, which is a little over 16 US dollars. There have been a number of sales at Costco, Best Buy, and other stores in the US with prices as low as $15 in the last few months. It's not unreasonable to think that an online store would have comparable prices.

Though charging more for individual movies is odd, and roughly $55 for Crusade is crazy, but it's almost always higher for those 13 episodes than any season of B5.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    The prices are too low. I suspect that the price of collected sets and individual episodes have been swapped.

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    started a topic For UK DVD Buyers/fans....

For UK DVD Buyers/fans....

Check out these prices

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSea...mitSearch.y=10

Could not resist and have ordered a whole set as a present for my mum and sister.
Working...
X