For UK DVD Buyers/fans....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
    I was at Walmart this past weekend and they had every season for under $20 each. The availability will vary by store.
    B5 DVD sets in Wal-Mart??? I haven't seen them in Wal-Mart in probably three or four years. Which were they in, the new, slim packaging (which I've heard about but never seen.) or the old packaging that was like a book and measured 7-5/8" x 5-7/16" x 1-9/16" with three disk pages each, each page measuring 7/16" thick?

ps. Most Wal-Mart stores of the same size carry the exact same stuff, so if you don't find it in one store, unless it's merely sold out (indicated by an empty spot on the shelf where the stuff is supposed to be.), there's no use in going to other Wal-Mart stores in hope of finding it there.
    Last edited by KoshN; 12-02-2009, 07:11 AM.
    Mac Breck (KoshN)
    ------------------
    Warner Brothers is Lucy.
    JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
    Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
      O/STAR is correct re online pricing on this site, for certain items. Don't forget that this is the wonderful UK where we get everything almost last and way overpriced. So to spot a gem like this is a great find.

Most of the time it just seems that businesses see the US price and just swap the $ sign for the รบ sign without adjusting the actual figure downwards!
      How to Turn a Big Profit 101.

Still, as I said in the OP, I could not resist and just had to buy a full set for my mum and sis. I brought them into B5 way back when, and they have loved it ever since! I would give them my old VHS copies but they just don't have the room for them.

Did rather sting a little though, as I paid full price for the DVD sets first time around and this just seems like a bit of a slap in the face.
      That's the price of being an early buyer, rather than waiting for the prices to come down. I paid $75~$80 each for my B5 sets, but then again I did have all those years of watching them which late buyers didn't have. <shrug> OTOH, I waited until "CSI" DVD season sets came down to $19.95 before I bought Seasons 2 thru 7. Ditto for "Supernatural" Seasons 1 thru 3.

Ahh, the price of progress I suppose....I'll just wait for WB to finally get a sound brain in the CEO's suit/shoes and realise what a hot property B5 is and so decide to fund a complete CGI HD rerendering for the FX (in the correct ratio!) and a total remaster and 4K scan of all the live footage and new Fx then release it all on Blu-Ray.
      ROTFLMAO!!!! Like that could ever happen!!! ...get a sound brain in the CEO's suit/shoes and realise..... Oh, that's comedy! ROTFLMAO!!!!
      Mac Breck (KoshN)
      ------------------
      Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!! Like that could ever happen!!! ...get a sound brain in the CEO's suit/shoes and realise..... Oh, that's comedy! ROTFLMAO!!!!
        It might. You know....eventually....After a significant period of time has elapsed, etc and so on.

Like I said, I have a flask and sandwiches...

It will eventually, but I'd bet pennies to pounds that it will just be what's already out on standard def at the moment.

Such a shame really as I watched B5:TLT on our SKY TV movie feed in HD and it looked totally glorious, so rich in texture and detail, even down to the weave in the actor's costumes.
        http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
        Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
        47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

It might. You know....eventually....After a significant period of time has elapsed, etc and so on.

Like I said, I have a flask and sandwiches...

It will eventually, but I'd bet pennies to pounds that it will just be what's already out on standard def at the moment.
          I doubt that Blu-Ry will be around long enough for that to happen. Our descendents will probably be onto using datacrystals by then.

Such a shame really as I watched B5:TLT on our SKY TV movie feed in HD and it looked totally glorious, so rich in texture and detail, even down to the weave in the actor's costumes.
          ...and every wrinkle in an actress' face.
          Last edited by KoshN; 12-06-2009, 07:37 PM. Reason: It's been a rough couple of days.
          Mac Breck (KoshN)
          ------------------
          Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
            I doubt that Blu-Ry will be around long enough for that to happen. Our ancestors will probably be onto using datacrystals by then.
            Mac, I believe you meant descendents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
              Mac, I believe you meant descendents.
              The last couple of days have been nuts. I'd like to forget that TODAY ever happened.
              Mac Breck (KoshN)
              ------------------
              Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Just a thought, not one that I particularly like as such but it's an idea that hit me yesterday.

B5:The Gathering - Special Editon was a more recent effort and was made in 4:3 so there would be no formatting issues, how about a BluRay of that and TLT?

Any takers?
                http://www.lddb.com/collection.php?a...er=dgtwoodward
                Yes, I still collect Laserdiscs!!
                47" Phillips 1080p 46" Samsung 1080p Toshiba HD-30E (2 both Multi Region) PS3-80G 120G BR Multi-Region Maidstone MD-BR-2102 Sky-HD Freesat-HD Pioneer DVL-909 CLD-D925 CLD-2950 (AC3) CLD-D515 CLD S315 Yamaha ADP-1 Meridian 519 Pioneer 609 (DD/DTS) x 2 Speakers & subs Jammo M/S Pioneer Technics Sony Eltax Akai Aiwa

Comment

Working...
                X