Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Sorry to hear that, Alan.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    haven't updated this thread in a while so I thought i'd just explain why.

We broke up about a month ago, so there won't be any more updates. It's just taken me this long ot get my head together and post about it.

Alan

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by phazedout View Post
    on the "I did the TMI thing there didn't I I don't cares, I loves her and wants to shout from the rooftops" ID
    Well, 'grats on that. Some things are more worth finding than even fellow B5-fans!

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    replied
    Soz Jan, you see she's living in the Uk and I'm in Ireland.

We've only had the one weekend Together, I'm going over to see her on Friday though, but as we're staying at a B&B we won't get much chance to look at B5, also when I did show it to her it was Sunday Night and she'd been rather tired out from the weekend, she ended up doing off halfway through Soul Hunter.

I will update ye next time she's over here if we gets to watch any telly.

Oh and as for the large screen, I'm happy with me 40" LCD.

updates will be rather slow to come through though, at least until she moves in with me
    Phaze
    on the "I did the TMI thing there didn't I I don't cares, I loves her and wants to shout from the rooftops" ID

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Thank you, I didn't know about that brand. I had heard of Garabaldi from history before B5 aired but I didn't make the conection as it just sounded like a neat name to me, I get tired of shows with all plain sounding last names like, Green, Cooper, Ross, Smith, Scott, Kirk, and so on.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Thanks, Joe. I was wondering myself. As JMS says, (paraphrasing) what you see in the show depends in large part what you bring to the table.

So, Phaze...time for an update, I think?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Originally posted by Marsden View Post
    Help me, please, but who is named after a biscuit?
    Well nobody is, but phazed's friend is referring to Garibaldi Biscuits.

To those who didn't know, from an older jms post:

Originally posted by jms
    Garibaldi was named after the famous Italian war hero of the same name.

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Help me, please, but who is named after a biscuit?

Leave a comment:

• Truth66
    replied
    It will be interesting to see how she reacts to the series. I know that virtually everyone I ever got to watch B5 at work were hooked. My wife on the other hand is not too kean on watching the series. Yet, a few years ago I got her to watch the final few episodes of season 4 where Sheridan starts his campaign towards Earth with the first battle being Proxima 3. She really enjoyed those episodes. So I'm convinced that she would enjoy the entire series if she would actually sit down and watch it.
    She did promise that she would watch the series once we got our big screen television. Once I bought our 60 inch wide screen I reminded her of the promise. She changed her mind. I think she didn't think we would ever get the big screen before.
    Anyhow, good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Hipapheralkuspo
    replied
    I wish you good luck with that...

I too have a girlfriend and she has also never seen Babylon 5... But I have a problem to make her see it... She is not willing to see even 1 episode... Not even any B5 movie...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Looking forward to it, Phaze.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• phazedout
    started a topic first time through

first time through

ok i know there have been other threads like this but i've gone back for the previous twelve months and can find none - ergo i'm starting one.

first of all sorry for being absent for so long, i now i used to post regularly and i promsie to try and contribute more in the future there are reasons however.

I've met someone. she's a lovely beautiful red haired (like me) geek girl and we met through the discworld/terry pratchett community.

Now here's the thing she's never seen Babylon 5

nope, ,not even a little.

when she came to visit me last weekend (not yesterday the previous one) i sat her down and showed her the first episode and a half (she was falling asleep at that point, bless)

her comment on episode 1?

"that man is named after a biscuit"

in her defence she was tired and a wee bit tipsy.

Anyway I'll be using this thread to record her thoughts and reactions to the whole thing as we work our way through series 1-5 then crusade, then the movies.
    Phaze
    on the "apologies for spelling it's late I'm tired and i wants to sleep now" ID
Working...
X