Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger 6 and 7/8
    replied
    I agree with NotKosh--The Telepath War is the only really big era that hasn't ben touched by the novels..the kind of did an end-tun around in in the Psi-Corp books..and in the other triolgies i don't remember them saying anything about it..and you gotta admit if Warner Bros is wanting something "Hot" and "Now" then telepaths are the current scifi wave..and i wouldn't look for it if it is indeed a movie to be out until like '07 or '08 at the earliest. There are too many heavy hitters coming out in the next few years for it to really be e big muscle..

I mean you have Episode 3(whether you like it or hate it), Spidey 3, Daredevil 2, Alien vs predator, Dr Strange, Hellboy 2,and a whole slew of other sci-fi fantasy movies coming out..then again I may be wrong.

But, guys i think this would be a great time for WB to make a new series, they lost 2 big hitters from their tv lineup--"Buffy" and "Angel". making it a good series like they have with Smallville would really take it to Star Trek and maybe challenge them enough to get out of their slump..

what do you think..just my humble opinion..
    later
    R-6&7/8

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    <<That is a story JMS would undoubtedly want to tell on-screen, rather than in a book.>>

SPOILER AHEAD

Kind of like how he told the story in Legions of Fire on screen? Or not...
    No, kind of like how we know JMS wants to do the telepath war onscreen, and how those who watched Crusade know:

It is Lennier who is helping Lyta, who was supposed to be the TP being held by the Psi-Corp that Matheson? let go.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<That is a story JMS would undoubtedly want to tell on-screen, rather than in a book.>>

Kind of like how he told the story in Legions of Fire on screen? Or not...

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad
    Would anyone else welcome a short story anthology, collecting the stories that were in the British B5 Magazine as well as some new ones?
    Without a doubt!

Leave a comment:

• frulad
    replied
    Would anyone else welcome a short story anthology, collecting the stories that were in the British B5 Magazine as well as some new ones?

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    How about something about Lennier trying to atone for almost killing Sheridan.
    That is a story JMS would undoubtedly want to tell on-screen, rather than in a book. It may even be covered in TMoS.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Elmo
    replied
    How about something about Lennier trying to atone for almost killing Sheridan.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan
    Oh, good grief, is there any industry that isn't part of the TWCF???

Jan
    I don't think they're involved in hog farming, but I'll have to get back to you on that.

Nothing new here. When I worked for Pepsico in the mid-1980s they owned North American Van Lines, Taco Bell, Frito-Lay and Spalding Athletic, in addition to all their soft drink lines.

Then there are all the industries that the ABC/Cap Cities/Disney Corporate Family, and the GE/NBC/Universal Family, and the Viacom/CBS/Blockbuster/Paramount Family own. (The latter includes UPN, of course, as well as ... Simon and Schuster publishing. )

Here's a partial list of Time-Warner's holdings just in the area of books (never mind magazines, where the company got its real start):

Time-Life International Books
    Time-Life Education
    Time-Life Music
    Time-Life AudioBooks
    Book-of-the-Month Club
    Paperback Book Club
    Children's Book-of-the-Month Club
    History Book Club
    Money Book Club
    HomeStyle Books
    Crafter's Choice
    One Spirit
    Little, Brown
    Bulfinch Press
    Back Bay Books
    Warner Books
    Warner Vision
    The Mysterious Press
    Warner Aspect
    Warner Treasures
    Oxmoor House
    Leisure Arts
    Sunset Books
    TW Kids
    Leisure Arts

What? You thought "The Five Families" meant the Gambinos and the Columbos and those guy?

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino
    If TMoS has made B5 seem like a hot property, they may have aucitoned the rights off to the highest bidder, or they may have decided to keep the property "in house" by going with one of the publishing houses that's already in the Time-Warner corporate family.
    Oh, good grief, is there any industry that isn't part of the TWCF???

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    My guess would be Simon & Schuster/iBooks since JMS seems to have a lot going with them lately.
    JMS's personal publishing deals probably won't have any influence on who gets the license from Warner Bros. to publish B5 fiction. If TMoS has made B5 seem like a hot property, they may have aucitoned the rights off to the highest bidder, or they may have decided to keep the property "in house" by going with one of the publishing houses that's already in the Time-Warner corporate family.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller
    Since it's Del Rey, let's not rule out a Star Wars New Jedi Order, twenty-plus book story.
    Actually, acording to one poster on the moderated newsgroup who's been in touch with somebody at Del Rey, it's not going to from them. My guess would be Simon & Schuster/iBooks since JMS seems to have a lot going with them lately.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    Since it's Del Rey, let's not rule out a Star Wars New Jedi Order, twenty-plus book story.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by Merian
    Maybe a trilogy set on Minbar about the last shadow war and the life of Valen.
    This is my thought as well. JMS has clearly given this a lot of thought, which means it is fairly well-mapped-out, but at the same time it doesnn't compete with any likely video advantures. It is a natural for a series of books.

Leave a comment:

• Merian
    replied
    Maybe a trilogy set on Minbar about the last shadow war and the life of Valen.

Leave a comment:

• chaostaenzer
    replied
    President Sheridan's activities (West Wing in space).
    That should be a new show. JMS could explore his comedy-abilities

Leave a comment:

Working...
X