X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KoshN
    replied
    Originally posted by Marsden View Post
    Amen, brother. My wife bought me all 5 seasons for Christmas and I'm just about to ep 16 of the third season. It's great I just love it. I also have the movie set and LotR and The Lost Tales, more fun.
    What? No Crusade ?

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonDavis View Post
    I feel like "Quality" should be a little earlier and maybe "Mind War" should be a little later
    I particularly think Quality should be earlier because Londo is told to make friends with the Minbari in the episode, and he's already negotiating with Delenn in Voice.

I'm only two episodes in so far, but this is the order I'm using this run-through and we'll see how well it works. It's a little different from the order I've used previously. I'll post the reasons for the order later (still swamped at work):

1. Midnight on the Firing Line
    2. Soul Hunter
    3. Believers
    4. Infection
    5. The War Prayer
    6. Born to the Purple
    7. The Parliament of Dreams
    8. Survivors
    9. And the Sky Full of Stars
    10. Mind War
    11. Grail
    12. Legacies
    13. By Any Means Necessary
    14. Signs and Portents
    15. Deathwalker
    16. The Quality of Mercy
    17. TKO
    18. Eyes
    19. Babylon Squared
    20. A Voice in the Wilderness, Part I
    21. A Voice in the Wilderness, Part II
    22. Chrysalis

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    CORRECTION!

I should have said "Day of the Dead" is AFTER the Byron arc.

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    No, I haven't rearranged the other seasons to any great extent.

I put "Day of the Dead" at the end of the Byron arc. Sometimes -- not always, but sometimes -- I put "Walkabout" in front of "War Without End" to shake things up. In both cases, Joe has mentioned that these were the originally intended airing orders.

As for season one, this is what I did the last time through:

Midnight on the Firing Line
    Soul Hunter
    Infection
    Born to the Purple
    The Parliament of Dreams
    The War Prayer
    And the Sky, Full of Stars
    Mind War
    By Any Means Necessary
    DeathWalker
    Believers
    Survivors
    A Voice in the Wilderness Part 1
    A Voice in the Wilderness Part 2
    Babylon Squared
    Legacies
    Grail
    Signs and Portents
    TKO
    Eyes
    The Quality of Mercy
    Chrysalis

I feel like "Quality" should be a little earlier and maybe "Mind War" should be a little later, but I very much enjoy the reversal of "Babylon Squared" and "Signs and Portents." The latter being placed equidistant from "Babylon Squared" and "Chrysalis" makes for a very nice build.

Almost forgot...I also swap "Race" and "Soul Mates" as well as "Knives" and "In the Shadow...." Again, I seem to recall that those were both matters of production holding things up. And someone upstream also mentioned that the Icarus is highlighted in "Knives" as foreshadowing for "In the Shadow..."

I'm about to re-watch the series in more detail than I ever have expended before, so I'm sure I'll spot hints to other possible orderings like I do every time I view the 17 installments of The Prisoner.

Leave a comment:

• JoeD80
    replied
    Originally posted by vakie View Post
    and most episodes are in their originally intended spots.
    Without being in jms' head or having access to his season 1 notes, we can't really know the originally intended order. However, this is the order that WB uses on thewb.com and was the order jms had posted a couple of times when season 1 was first broadcasting:

2. Soul Hunter
    3. Born to the Purple
    4. Infection
    5. The Parliament of Dreams
    6. Mind War
    7. The War Prayer
    8. And the Sky Full of Stars
    9. Deathwalker
    10. Believers
    11. Survivors
    12. Signs and Portents
    13. By Any Means Necessary
    14. The Quality of Mercy
    15. Grail
    16. Eyes
    17. TKO
    18. A Voice in the Wilderness, Part I
    19. A Voice in the Wilderness, Part II
    20. Babylon Squared
    21. Legacies
    22. Chrysalis

I will get into my order later today; got a lot of work to do today! I'm waiting to see Jason's order. I get the impression that he has rearranged the other seasons as well.

Leave a comment:

• VERTi60
    replied
    Well it's discussable. But I prefer to watch the LotR right before TLT, but certainly not before crusade, mostly because of the Valen cruiser trips and related chronological order. However those last movies are rather a favour to watch in any order given by the mood of the viewer.

Leave a comment:

• Morden
    replied
    Originally posted by VERTi60 View Post
    9. A Call to Arms
    10. Crusade
    11. Legend of the Rangers
    On a small sidenote, shouldn't LotR be watched (if at all... ) before ACtA and Crusade? Chronologically, it is set before the events occuring during and after ACtA, and this way it may at least serve as some kind of hint that some evil things are still to come for the Alliance.

Leave a comment:

• vakie
    replied
    Here's the season 1 order I've been using, the story seems to make the most sense to me this way, and most episodes are in their originally intended spots. Episodes differing from the broadcast order in italics:

2. Soul Hunter
    3. Born to the Purple
    4. Infection
    5. The Parliament of Dreams
    6. The War Prayer
    7. And The Sky Full Of Stars
    8. Deathwalker
    9. Believers
    10. Mind War
    11. Survivors
    12. By Any Means Necessary
    13. Signs and Portents
    14. The Quality of Mercy
    15. Grail
    16. Eyes
    17. A Voice in the Wilderness (1)
    18. A Voice in the Wilderness (2)
    19. Babylon Squared
    20. TKO
    21. Legacies

22. Chrysalis

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    "Objects at Rest" and "Sleeping in Light" feel redundant when watched in close succession...I like some time between my final chapter and my epilogue.

Though my wife calls it sadism, I watch River of Souls, A Call to Arms, Crusade, Rangers, and Lost Tales before "Sleeping in Light." Then, when you finally get there, it feels like it's been twenty years...

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I still say that the last three episodes of the series should be watched sequentially or a huge part of the emotional impact is lost.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    I always watch In the Beginning just before "Sleeping in Light," where it would occur chronologically based on the framing device. It's a nice bit of beginning/ending juxtaposition.

Leave a comment:

• strashiLOL
    replied
    Originally posted by VERTi60 View Post
    Here's a suggested order:

1. The Gathering
    2. Season 1
    3. In the Beginning
    4. Season 2-4 untill the episode "The illusion of truth"
    5. Thirdspace
    6. Season 4
    7. Season 5 untill the episode "Objects at Rest"
    8. River of Souls
    9. A Call to Arms
    10. Crusade
    12. The Lost Tales
    13. Season 5 the ending episode "Sleeping in light"
    I seriously doubt a person who hasn't watched the 3rd season (or at least the famous "War Without End" two-parter) would grasp some important aspects of "In the Beginning", e.g., the whole "old Mollari" arc, Sheridan & Delenn in prison, Sinclair bit etc. So I would suggest

1. The Gathering
    2. Seasons 1-3
    3. In the Beginning
    4. Season 4 untill the episode "The illusion of truth"
    5. Thirdspace

Although I do admit that "In the Beginning" fits perfectly between the first two seasons, serving as a goodbye to Sinclair and as an introduction to Sheridan at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• VERTi60
    replied
    Viewing order

Here's a suggested order:

1. The Gathering
    2. Season 1
    3. In the Beginning
    4. Season 2-4 untill the episode "The illusion of truth"
    5. Thirdspace
    6. Season 4
    7. Season 5 untill the episode "Objects at Rest"
    8. River of Souls
    9. A Call to Arms
    10. Crusade
    12. The Lost Tales
    13. Season 5 the ending episode "Sleeping in light"

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Amen, brother. My wife bought me all 5 seasons for Christmas and I'm just about to ep 16 of the third season. It's great I just love it. I also have the movie set and LotR and The Lost Tales, more fun.

Leave a comment:

• TexasOldDog
    replied
    Thank's to everyone who replied to my question on the correct viewing order. Although this is not the first time I've watched the series, it has been many years and have never had the chance to watch the episodes "back to back".

I think I'll take the original recomendations and watch the series first then the movies. After that, I'll either get back for other recomended ordering or decide for myself.

This was indeed a great series and I'm looking forward to the many hours of viewing pleasure.

Again, thank's to everyone.

TexasOldDog

Leave a comment:

Working...
X