Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While shopping for laundry detergent and other silly things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While shopping for laundry detergent and other silly things.

The hazards of being a B5 fan and shopping for laundry detergent: I was with my wife, who graciously bought me all five seasons on DVD but couldn't be bothered with the show in the least, and in the grocery aisle there were 2 different kinds of the same brand. I can't remember the names they gave but one was green and the other purple. Well, I started (pointing to each one at a time "Green." "Purple" She didn't get it but I amused myself for a good few seconds.

I hope I don't have to explain further.
    "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
    "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Originally posted by Marsden View Post
    The hazards of being a B5 fan and shopping for laundry detergent: I was with my wife, who graciously bought me all five seasons on DVD but couldn't be bothered with the show in the least, and in the grocery aisle there were 2 different kinds of the same brand. I can't remember the names they gave but one was green and the other purple. Well, I started (pointing to each one at a time "Green." "Purple" She didn't get it but I amused myself for a good few seconds.

I hope I don't have to explain further.
    You don't. Yeah - all the small sillythings in life that make it worth living ...
    Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

As a delivery driver, I visit alot of large buildings that have
      loading bays in the basements.
      One particular place has 5 basement levels marked as
      B1,B2,B3,B4 & B5.
      I'm not keen on pressing B1,B2 or B3,
      but I get a real kick out of pressing B4 & B5.
      Always puts a smile on my face.
      When I give the other drivers instructions on how to get
      there I tell them that "Eventually everyone comes to B5",
      But the joke lost on them (their loss).
      The wife also buys Purple & Green lettuce for salads but I
      can never decide which to have.
      CHEERS
      GAV
      Abso-fragging-lutely-dammit.

Comment

I hope I didn't post it already, but it fits nicely here: here's why I went into hysterical laughter when I entered our new offices last december:

It's easy to find something worth dying for. Do you have something worth living for?
        Rule TwentyNine (Blog about B5, politics, environment and much more)

Comment

Originally posted by thegavel View Post
          The wife also buys Purple & Green lettuce for salads but I can never decide which to have.
          Purple!!!!
          The Optimist: The glass is half full
          The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
          The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

Originally posted by Garibaldi's Hair View Post
            Purple!!!!
            Green!
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Does anyone catch themselves doing B5 things?

Sometimes I do the same hand gestures as G'kar. I don't know why, I'm not trying to be a Narn. Especially the one where he would hear of bad news and would move his hand to his forehead, I catch myself doing that now. I don't know.

I find my self saying "Great Maker" at times now, too.
              Last edited by Marsden; 03-25-2009, 09:52 AM.
              "And what kind of head of Security would I be if I let people like me know things that I'm not supposed to know? I mean, I know what I know because I have to know it. And if I don't have to know it, I don't tell me, and I don't let anyone else tell me either. " And I can give you reasonable assurances that the head of Security will not report you for doing so."
              "Because you won't tell yourself about it?"

"I try never to get involved in my own life, too much trouble."

Comment

Working...
              X