• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Life Babylon 5 Experience Embassy

H.E. Mr. DougO
    Forums Administrator

Dear Sir,

The Permanent Mission and Embassy of the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum, presents its compliments to JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum, and has the honour to inform that the following representative from the Babylon 5 Experience has been appointed as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum:

H. E. Ms. Winged Heron
    Ambassador
    Second Life Babylon 5 Experience,

The Permanent Mission and Embassy of the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum avails itself of this opportunity put forward to JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum the assurances of its highest consideration.

The Babylon 5 Experience
    Dollwife Pink
    Nivea Allen
    Vicky Vielle
    Owners
    http://slurl.com/secondlife/Roleplay...ve/231/17/2596
    "I cleave the heavens, and soar to the infinite. What others see from afar, I leave far behind me." Giordano Bruno

"May the Gods always stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk"

Now it begins... or in other words the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience Embassy is open for business in the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum.

Who am I?
    Well I am Winged Heron the appointed Ambassador to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum for the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience. Most people just call me Win.

Why am I here?
    A lot of people ask that question - lol. Seriously, I am here to let you know about the dedicated team in Second Life devoted to recreating a tribute to JMS' Universe that was Babylon 5 - the station and the ideal we all love and respect.

I am here to extend everyone an invitation to come along and take the shuttle ride to the B5E Station in Second Life. No visa required.

I am here let you know that you are free to explore the 1:8 scale B5E Station. We just ask you to respect the spirit of B5 that is embodied here by respecting the residents and the fact that the SIM is a 24/7 Role-play environment. Free alien Avatars are available at the Shuttle port for any visitors who feel they would really like to fit in.

I am here to let you know that you can take a ride on the core shuttle, explore down below, Medlab, check out the various space craft and vessels, wander the Zo'calo and even visit the DarkStar, an amusing place of entertainment run by the Narn Ambassador and frequented regularly by Centauri officials who enjoy exotic dancing.

I am here to let you know that our 3D simulated environment occasionally hosts streamed live concerts,

I am here to assist in answering any questions you may have in regards to the Station. If I can't answer them, I will contact the council at the station for your answer.

I am here to tell you that your avatar can explore Second Life and have a home at the "Babylon 5 Experience."

I am here to let you know that the SIM is a non-profit tribute to Babylon 5, JMS and Warner Brothers. It is also a tribute to those who were a part of that wonderful Universe during the making of the series that have now passed Beyond the Rim and wait for us to one day join them.

I am here a I am dedicated to the concept and ideals expounded in the series that was JMS' dream - Babylon 5.

I am here as I have been dedicated to finding ways to support the dedicated team of the Babylon 5 Experience help keep the dream alive and to give people the opportunity to experience the dream we have been living since November 4, 2007, when Ms. Nivea Allen let it be known that the Babylon 5 Experience was open for business.

I am here as was nominated as the best choice to be the representative Beyond the Rim of Second Life, in the Babylon 5 forum.

I am here to tell you we are a fun bunch of folk, who really wish to make you welcome.

Who are you?
    You are the loyal JMS fans and deserve to know that a place exists where you will be warmly welcomed and can live the dream of being "On Babylon 5."

You deserve to get updates on it and the fun that is happening here.

You deserve to be invited to the Fortress of Light that is the Babylon 5 Experience.

What do we want?
    We want to let you know we are out here.

SO who am I?
    I am for better or worse the Ambassador to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum. Talk to me, ask me the questions and I will post from time to time the news of the B5E; some of the aspects of RP; RP reports and storylines; station rules for anyone interested in visiting; and anything that may be of interest to a dedicated B5 Fan.

So from an SL B5E official to the RL B5 fans and JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum, welcome to our dream.

I avail myself of this opportunity to put forward to JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum the assurances of my highest consideration.

Yours sincerely,

Win
    (H. E. Ms. Winged Heron)
    Ambassador
    The Babylon 5 Experience
    Second Life
    Last edited by Winged Heron; 03-01-2009, 01:31 PM.
    "I cleave the heavens, and soar to the infinite. What others see from afar, I leave far behind me." Giordano Bruno

"May the Gods always stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk"

Comment

Welcome, Ambassador Winged Heron!

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

About time you showed up Winged:-)

Ambassador G'Kor
        Secondlife Babylon 5 Experience

Comment

Damn now I need to get a machine running with SL .

However, I will visit whenever I can

Originally posted by Winged Heron View Post
          H.E. Mr. DougO
          Forums Administrator

Dear Sir,

The Permanent Mission and Embassy of the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum, presents its compliments to JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum, and has the honour to inform that the following representative from the Babylon 5 Experience has been appointed as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum:

H. E. Ms. Winged Heron
          Ambassador
          Second Life Babylon 5 Experience,

The Permanent Mission and Embassy of the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience to the JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum avails itself of this opportunity put forward to JMSNews Babylon 5 Forum the assurances of its highest consideration.

The Babylon 5 Experience
          Dollwife Pink
          Nivea Allen
          Vicky Vielle
          Owners
          Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Thanks for passing this on. I haven't been to Sl-land in years, but will check this out.
            I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ambassador G'Kor View Post
              About time you showed up Winged:-)

Ambassador G'Kor
              Secondlife Babylon 5 Experience
              My Dear Ambassador G'Kor,

Yes I must agree I had been a little slow in taking up my office, which can be put down to an ever so slight delay due the Beyond the Rim issues.

Of course, those issues aside as I progressed in my travels from homeworld, which is located far out along the Rim, I was delayed by what appeared to be a curious collection of vessels and craft massing in hyperspace. Some of which, after reading dispatches from B5, seem to match the profile of various Raider craft causing issues in Sector 137 and in B5 space.

Needless to say old friend, I have made it and am now settling slowly into the post here, while attempting to determine just what these folk Beyond the Rim far from our home SIM should know and would like to know.

Before I continue with answering the other post here, I would like to ask you, Sir, how is the Book of G'Kor developing? I hear from my sources that is may be just as interesting as your venerable cousin G'Kar's book.

As always I avail myself of this opportunity to leave you with assurances of my highest consideration.

Win

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                Welcome, Ambassador Winged Heron!

Jan
                Dear Jan,

I thank yo on behalf of the Second Life (SL) Babylon 5 Experience, for the warm welcome and the assistance afforded us in establishing this embassy as a platform for dialogue between the the Second Life Station and the fans of JMS' Real Life Babylon5. I know many of the SL B5er's are already members here at the forums but until this time the actual SL B5 Station has not had a voice here to showcase the tribute to the universe that JMS created.

As always I avail myself of this opportunity to leave you with assurances of my highest consideration.

Win

Comment

Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                  Damn now I need to get a machine running with SL .

However, I will visit whenever I can
                  Dear Jan from Denmark(babylonlurker)

Oh I sympathise with the issue of a good set of equipment to run SL. I hope you are able to find a solution soon. When you do, we will make sure we arrange a tour of the station for you. It is glorious.

By the way, if you don't mind I an going to include your blog's link in the next B5 Review. That is another hat I wear for B5 - I am the owner of the InterSIM Network News (ISN) Company which puts out a rather diverse newsletter for the B5ers inworld (SL)

As the embassy develops I will try and post information of in character (IC) and out of character (OOC) events and news that happen at the SL B5E.

Win

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
                    Thanks for passing this on. I haven't been to Sl-land in years, but will check this out.
                    Dear grumbler,

Please do come and visit. If you have already done so, contact one of the owners or a B5 officer for a tour. The place is so large, I still have a tendency to get lost, rofl, however every turn is a delight and an adventure. I personally love riding the Core Shuttle as well as the short shuttle ride to the station for entry point. You will be amazed at how wonderful the experience is as well as how much work the owners and their building team have put into creating a tribute to the Universe of JMS.

Win

Comment

As I sit at my desk at the Embassy I have been pondering on exactly what information may be asked by someone who wishes to visit the Babylon 5 Experience (B5E) in SL (Second Life).

Firstly, there are no visa applications or passports required to visit the station.

Secondly, I have been pondering a request to the governing body of B5E in regards to a possibility of regular organised tours. I will get back to you on this point.

Returning the first point, I requested a copy of the The Babylon 5 Experience Rules & Guidelines to post here and will sign off with these.

Please pay particular attention to the section on SEX - we at the B5E are a modest group of individuals

Win
                      (H. E. Ms. Winged Heron)
                      Ambassador
                      The Babylon 5 Experience
                      Second Life

The Babylon 5 Experience
                      Rules & Guidelines 5-19-08

WELCOME TO THE BABYLON 5 EXPERIENCE!

Welcome to The Babylon 5 Experience. We all together here are a living memorial to the work created by J. Michael Straczynski and to the memory of Richard Biggs, Tim Choate and Andreas Katsulas. Our roleplay and actions here are only possible because of those that came before us! Thank you!

Background: The year is 2268, Babylon 5 still serves as a major trading and political hub and houses 250 000 humans and aliens. While the headquarters of the Interstellar Alliance (ISA) is now on Minbar, Babylon 5 is still an important place for member races to meet and form trade agreements. The Drakh plague still ravages the Earth [A Call to Arms] leaving it quarantined to all off-world traffic, and Captain Gideon still searches for a cure aboard the Excalibur [Crusade].

The First Ones have all travelled beyond the rim together with the very First One - Lorien. Thus leaving the galaxy in the hands of the younger races, to grow and make their own mistakes unfettered by the shepherding gaze of the Vorlons or the Shadows. However, that received wisdom is not quite correct, for one of the First Ones yet dwells inside the rim having yet to pass beyond this vale of tears...

================================================== ======================
                      The information below is REQUIRED knowledge for all visitors and members. It is important you understand the rules of this part of the sim to avoid ejection or permanent banishment.

I. If you wish to actively roleplay beyond just a visitor to the Station...fill out the application from customs and follow the instruction enclosed within it.

II. No non-realistic (in the realm of Babylon 5) avatars allowed in the sim / past customs. This is not a point of racism or specism against the diversity and multitude of avatars out there, it is just necessary to maintain the integrity of the immersicve nature of the sim; ie. a feline or canine race my be possible, cute little talking bunnies and robots are not.

III. Visitors are to wear clothing contemporary to Babylon 5. No clothing or uniforms from other settings allowed. Wearing a Babylon 5 uniform does not permit you to act in that role unless approved and assigned.

IV. NO WEAPONS ALLOWED PAST CUSTOMS except as part of official duty and for RP.

V. Stay in character as much as possible - people come here for the "you are there" aspect of the sim, please be mindful of that. Out of character conversation is sometimes necessary and can be denoted as "OOC:" or "((text)))".

VI. All actions done In-Character have consequences! Be prepared for anything that results. Also...do not start a roleplay that requires someone else to act a particular way... ie. Accusing someone of a crime to advance your story...forces them to roleplay a situation they did not do.

THE MAIN SIM RULES COVER STANDARDS FOR ROLEPLAY AND DESCRIBE THE SETTING. SEE BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.

• ROLEPLAY VIOLENCE / COMBAT

THIS IS NOT A COMBAT SIM! While characters may engage in violence towards each other, every assault should start through roleplay and end with roleplay. You can not approach someone randomly and begin shooting at them. If you perform an action...it has consequences. If you comit a crime, be prepared for anything that may follow. But keep in mind some actions may be allowed / accepted / ignored in various parts of the Station... ie. Downbelow!

• POWERGAMING

This describes roleplaying your way out any situation in an unrealistic way. For example, if someone swings a pipe at your head, you may duck to avoid it and then respond with your own attack. However, if four people attack you, you wouldn't realistically be able to avoid them all, even though you could describe doing so in roleplay. This is considered unrealistic and BAD roleplay. Powergaming like this will cause you to lose respect amongst other roleplayers, and could result in ejection or even banishment. Play fair, it’s more fun!

• SEX

WE ARE NOT A FREE SEX AREA! Babylon 5 is a public Station. Engaging in sexual activities in Zocalo would likely get you arrested...while in downbelow...it may be overlooked.

• FINALLY, RESPECT ONE ANOTHER!

Since this sim requires everyone to be the age of 18+, all players should act it! Immaturity will not be tolerated. If you have a problem with someone OOC, take it to private instant messages or mute the person bothering you! OOC arguments disrupt roleplay and ALL parties will be warned, ejected or even banned.

Treat others as you would want to be treated!

• NEWCOMERS & NON-ROLEPLAYERS

If you are a newcomer to The Babylon 5 Experience, exploring it out of interest or as a non-roleplayer, you should act as a Visitor. Ask questions if you like...but you should not interfere with roleplay or engage in public OOC chat. Use instant messaging or take your discussions to another sim!

=====================================

We encourage everyone to watch and enjoy Babylon 5....and hope it will touch you and find a place in your hearts as it did ours. Thank you!
                      Last edited by Winged Heron; 03-08-2009, 12:28 AM. Reason: grammatical error and forgot link

Comment

Babylon 5 Experience grows!

Babylon 5 Experience grows!

As most B5ers inworld know the B5E moved to a Full SIM in December 2268, where the station, and its Universe, dominates the heavens. This has been quite an achievement since Ms. Nivea Allen put out the call on 3-4 November 2267, that B5E was open for business. So it began and I became a citizen of the B5E.

The ground level of the SIM is shared by a small alien population belonging to the Wheel of Time. The bilateral relationship between the two groups is cordial and beneficial, affording the two governing bodies with greater opportunity to share OOC (out of character) resources and events.

The realignment of the stations orbit resulted in the entire civilian population of the B5E being moved to the surface of Epsilon 3 for a number of days while the stations crew and technicians skilfully manoeuvred the station into its correct orbit. The long term renters and vendors were the first to be given access to so that they could set up their homes and places of commerce with the minimum of disruption. Visitors were redirected to Epsilon 3, where the great Draal, keeper of the Great Machine, along with his assistants, the Zathras Clan cordially, played host to them, for the day or two that the station underwent its final safety checks..

On Christmas day the station was reopened to the Universes population and all of the regular station activities recommenced.

The governing body thanked everyone who had helped them achieve the final milestone of becoming the amazing place it is, realising the dreams and aspirations of the small group of First Ones who sort to provide a home for the B5 fans who wished to be able to in small way pay tribute to the vision of the Ultimate First One, JMS, and WB for once providing the world Beyond the SIM with the glory of the Babylon 5 Universe.

Today this small base of devoted followers has become a group of over 300 strong, and continues to grow. This growth continues to be steady as the station provides a place for individuals to share the experience of being able to visit and live on the B5E station.

Once again I, in my capacity as Ambassador, have been requested by the B5E governing body, to let you know that there is a place waiting for you at home on a small station call the Babylon 5 Experience. LetÆs face it the station may be small due to it being located in world, but at its heart itÆs every bit as big as JMSÆs vision.

Win
                        (H. E. Ms. Winged Heron)
                        Ambassador
                        The Babylon 5 Experience
                        Second Life
                        http://www.babylon5experience.wordpress.com

Comment

2269-04-19 - This week at the Second Life Babylon 5 Experience

Dear Citizens of the JMS Universe,

The year is 2269 and the fun continues.

Just a short note that the new upgraded Starfuries are available and waiting for anyone game enough to give them a test run. You may like to challenge the station's pilots to a test of flying skills!

Also we have a new Commander on board. Take time to drop by and maybe you will run into him at the Zo'calo or Downbelow at MacBari's while he takes a break from his busy schedule.

The Universe is again under threat from mysterious alien forces.

As always the SL Babylon 5 Experience extends an invitation for you good Citizens to cruise onto our Universe to visit and explore the station we all know and love.

Win
                          (H. E. Ms. Winged Heron)
                          Ambassador
                          The Babylon 5 Experience
                          Second Life

Comment

Hi Winged^^

I just jumped in to the JMS forums I guess I'll get a place in red sector
                            In Second Life I am....
                            Bamar; Drazi citizen, pilot, sneak
                            Oddro Stenvaagi; Centauri Ambassador
                            Oddr Stenvaag; IPX scientist

Comment

Back from exploration in Hyperspace

Originally posted by Oddr Stenvaag View Post
                              I just jumped in to the JMS forums I guess I'll get a place in red sector
                              Dear Citizens of the JMS Universe,

The year is 2269 and the fun still continues.

Having returned from extended exploration in the depths of hyperspace, I have found my desk flooded with communications from SL B5 that the jumpgate is more or less been permanently incapacitated and the galaxy is once again under dire threat from aliens native to a planet called Hargoxx 7. next to nothing is known of the Hargoxxians or the planet they inhabit.

The taskforce sent to Hargoxx meet with strong resistance and suffer major casualties to the point of defeat. Success came only in the capture of a Hargoxxian, who according to dispatches is now incarcerated under heavy guard in Blue Sector. The two relevant dispatches on my desk were to quote:
                              "Casualties were high Saratoga lost with all hands, Ulysses and Rommel made it out. Perseus MIA. Hargoxxian cap ships have been discovered! Telepath Muffy caught some visions from the Hargoxx, what were they? Ranger Gedenspire followed the Perseus and will be making a report soon."

and
                              "EarthForce experienced greater resistance from the Hargoxxians than expected. The EF TAskForce is defeated. Ships are destroyed, the EAS Perseus Reported damaged and burning somewhere in Hyperspace.

Where are they?
                              Will a rescue be attempted?
                              What do the Hargoxxians want?

Maybe this last can be answered by the prisoner captured by the downed pilots on the surface of H7, currently being held in the security wing in Blue Sector."

A call has gone out for volunteers to join the fight, either by signing up with Earthforce or the Interstellar Alliance - SL Babylon 5 needs you! The SL Babylon 5 Experience extends an invitation for you good Citizens to cruise onto our B5 and join in the fun - oops - that is the fight or just explore the station we all love.

It seems that as soon as this odd citizen of the Universe wanders off to explore all hell breaks loose - "Such is Life!" needless to say that having now returned, I shall provide more up to date bulletins on the situation on SL B5 and throughout our Galaxy as they come to hand!

Win
                              (H. E. Ms. Winged Heron)
                              Ambassador
                              The Babylon 5 Experience
                              Second Life

Comment

Working...
                              X