X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
    Sadly, the Saint Louis location of the Babylon 5 mall tour, Crestwood Court mall closed its doors in April 2013. Demolition on the mall started April 17, 2016 and a new development will be in on the site.

It's hard to believe that I met Andreas Katsulas at the mall more than 18 years ago.
    That mall is such a fond memory for me, though I was only in it the one time. I live north of St. Louis and the only time I ever get near the area that mall was in is if I am going to Six Flaggs or driving to or from Houston. I remember it had kind of a strange layout. That will always be where I met Andreas and where I bought my Claudia standee - and passed on the Bruce and Jerry standees. I wish I had bought all three so I could have had Bruce sign one at the B5 reunion at Space City Con 2014 like I got Claudia to do. Sure wish it was in better condition. I still can't figure how it could have possibly gotten the damage it has. But it sure looks awesome with that signature.

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    I failed to meet Tracy Scoggins when the tour came to Texas. Her flight was late and I had tickets to The X-Files Expo, which was happening in a hangar fifteen minutes away.

I eventually met Tracy the week Andreas died.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Looney and I were just talking about his meeting Andreas at the Mall Tour yesterday. We're both at Space City con in Houston.

Jan
    Prior to Andreas' appearance, I met a young lady who attended college in the Boston area. She was a fervent Babylon 5 fan and traveled to St. Louis for the sole purpose of meeting Andreas. We had an enjoyable conversation, but I never got her name. I also did not get a chance to tell her about rec.arts.sf.babylon5.moderated.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Looney and I were just talking about his meeting Andreas at the Mall Tour yesterday. We're both at Space City con in Houston.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Sadly, the Saint Louis location of the Babylon 5 mall tour, Crestwood Court mall closed its doors in April 2013. Demolition on the mall started April 17, 2016 and a new development will be in on the site.

It's hard to believe that I met Andreas Katsulas at the mall more than 18 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Yep. It would have been great. And thanks for reminding me how old I am.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dassow
    replied
    Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I WAS THERE ! ! ! I do wish I had talked to more folks in the crowd. I might have met some local B5 fans. I mean, I might have been standing right next to Dan, and probably was at some point. Sorry Dan, I focused on talking to my girlfriend instead.
    Wow! It's hard to believe that happened over 15 years ago.

I would have been fun to meet.

Leave a comment:

• Looney
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post

I attended the Babylon 5 Experience at Crestwood Plaza, which has been renamed Crestwood Court mall.
    I WAS THERE ! ! ! I was searching the internet to get the exact date of this event to check my memory. I found a link to this and couldn't resist reactivating the thread.

That was one of the best days ever. The sets and props were great. I remember how overwhelmed Mr. Katsulas looked when he saw the line of people waiting for him. I brought my girlfriend at the time who had absolutely no interest in being there, but was happy to take the road trip. Thanks to her I was able to get two autographs. They are both on TNT Promo postcards that were given out at the event. I think I brought a couple of magazines for him to sign, but opted for the postcards and I don't regret it. They look great.

We were parked at the opposite end of the complex and when my girlfriend was finally able to drag me away we just happened to have to go past the mall's Suncoast Store. If I recall they had cardboard standees for Boxleitner, Christian, and I think Doyle. I had to pick one and Claudia won the debate because I was a fan of hers even before she was on Babylon 5. I wish I'd gotten all three, but it seemed way overboard at the time.

That was a really great experience and I wish we had something like that to look forward to again. (I mean a promotional tour for upcoming projects.) I feel so lucky that I was able to meet Andreas. I do wish I had talked to more folks in the crowd. I might have met some local B5 fans. I mean, I might have been standing right next to Dan, and probably was at some point. Sorry Dan, I focused on talking to my girlfriend instead. I missed that opportunity for us to meet and in the end that girlfriend and I broke up a year later, so it was a pointless waste of time talking to her.

And yes, I have posted this story in other places before. I repeat good stories (or any story) all the time.

Leave a comment:

• ZenoParadoxus
    replied
    Originally posted by nottenst View Post
    I saw Stephen Furst in Maryland at the B5 mall tour.
    I was there too! I missed out on getting a Babylon5 "PDA" because I couldn't dredge up the name of the night club in Downbelow (which was really stupid on my part because I love the movie Dark Star)...

Zeno

Leave a comment:

• nottenst
    replied
    I saw Stephen Furst in Maryland at the B5 mall tour. (The 5/9 Washington, DC at White Flint Mall one.) I had a great time there and probably wrote about it somewhere. There were a number of people from the local B5 collectible card game group there and we played for a while in line.

This is the only image I quickly find online about it:
    Last edited by nottenst; 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM. Reason: added info

Leave a comment:

• JasonDavis
    replied
    I went to the Texas stop of The Babylon 5 Experience. The foregoing accounts pretty much summarize what I saw. Tracy Scoggins was meant to appear, but there'd been some problem with her flight. My friends and I eventually had to leave as we'd bought tickets to a large X-Files event in a nearby hangar where they were promoting Fight the Future.

Leave a comment:

• Marsden
    replied
    Originally posted by frulad View Post
    Some friends and I trekked from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton PA area to the stop the tour made at White Plains, NY. There we got to meet Richard Biggs, an absolute prince of a guy. Although I know that props often don't look as good in real life as they do on TV, I was still a little taken aback by how, well, I don't want to say cheap, they look.

I also saw writer Peter David, who lives in the area, walking around, checking out the exhibit.
    Wow, I'm in Wilkes-Barre. You don't see that place on the internet too often. Sorry, off topic.

Leave a comment:

• AstroBoy
    replied
    I went to the one in L.A. (Glendale actually) and it was interesting. I met JMS, Tracy, Jerry, and a couple of others IIRC. Saw a bunch of props as well. I came across a few of the pictures I took of theevent, but I know I have more somewhere in the garage.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Sadly, the mall tour never came near here and that was in the days before I'd jump on a plane to check out interesting things at the drop of a hat.

I do have some tall plastic cups that were purported to be from the tour, though, white with a black B5 logo.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• glindros
    replied
    Thanks Dan, You hit the nail on the head for me. You're descriptions are great. Thanks for sharing this little piece of B5 history with everyone.

Anybody else?
    Last edited by glindros; 01-25-2009, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X