Official B5 videos now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official B5 videos now available!

Just found this info on the moderated newsgroup.

Title: The official Babylon 5 Music Videos are now online!
    Author: John Hudgens <[email protected]>
    Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 21:54:09 -0800 (PST)
    Message-ID: <[email protected]m>

As some of you may know, I was hired by Joe Straczynski back in the
    day to create Babylon 5 music videos for him to use at science fiction
    conventions, and later to promote the show to networks. Eight were
    produced over the run of the series, not including the memorial videos
    I did later for Rick Biggs and Andreas Katsulas.

For the longest time, the only way to see these was if Joe or I showed
    them at a convention, but now, after numerous requests from fans over
    the years, Joe has given me permission me to post these online.

Danger Zone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYNG0ow0G0k

I Need a Hero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFo3Lau2Occ

Requiem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ckXY6yiVQ

Nobody's Side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9LvldiOf0

Welcome to the Third Age: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5q_ltXiY0

Keep Yourself Alive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0lRtpWR5lo

The Phantom B5 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV4GMNjDdYc

Third Age 2K: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqIyY0PWjbI

Richard Biggs memorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyD4L8yNtsA

Andreas Katsulas memorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2UQ2l9NPIg
    - This is the extended version that I did for Andreas' widow ater the
    original cut was released on the net. It's never been seen online
    until now.

For those of you who've never seen these, I hope you enjoy them - and
    for those that have (and emailed me many times over the years about
    releasing them), I hope they're as good as you remember. Working with
    Joe on these videos was one of the highlights of my career, and I'll
    be forever grateful to him for the doors these have opened for me. I'm
    proud to have them on my resume.

John Hudgens
    www.zteamproductions.com
    I'm gnashing my teeth right now because I woke up to a non-working cable modem. These are *good*!

Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 12-08-2008, 04:38 AM.
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Just found this info on the moderated newsgroup.

I'm gnashing my teeth right now because I woke up to a non-working cable modem. These are *good*!

Jan
    I kinda wish they were available on a DVD.
    Mac Breck (KoshN)
    ------------------
    Warner Brothers is Lucy.
    JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
    Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
      I kinda wish they were available on a DVD.
      Not likely since iirc, only one besides the memorial videos are done to B5 music and therefore aren't licensed.

We're lucky to see them at all. JMS used to bring one or two to cons and Fenn used to show all them at DragonCon. Last time I saw them all was a few years ago at DragonCon at 1 AM. A couple were on the bootleg bloopers reels. That's it that I know of.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

The B5 video clips going up on YouTube and the game books coming to an end. Either the feature film is about to be green lit or this is the close down of Babylon 5.
        Andrew Swallow

Comment

They have nothing to do with each other. Mongoose has no connection with WB except as a licensee and "B5" hasn't been open since they finished post production on the Lost Tales.

If WB had refused to renew the license to Mongoose, that might be meaningful but it's Mongoose who's dropping it.

Jan

Comment

Thanks.

Thank-you JAN,
            What a great collection.
            As my wife said (and I was thinking the same thing),
            "It's like watching home movies of your family & friends",
            she then said "I miss them"...........
            Abso-fragging-lutely-dammit.

Comment

WOW really good to see these. Thanks.
              Duracell Bunny is arrested and charged with BATTERY!!

Comment

BTW, KoshN -- You really want to find a way to see these if only to see what happens to a certain sign representing a certain three letters on some of the later videos. The first time I saw that the whole room applauded.

Jan

Comment

BTW, KoshN -- You really want to find a way to see these if only to see what happens to a certain sign representing a certain three letters on some of the later videos. The first time I saw that the whole room applauded.

Jan
                  Lemme guess, it begins and ends with a 'T' (Heh.). Every time I think of that company/location, I think of what Londo said here:

"I would suggest that there is a difference between being unreasonable and being angry. Ambassador G'Kar is angry most of the time, but even the greatest anger fades with time."
                  "My dear ambassador Delenn, I'm sure that for you this is true, but for G'Kar and his people; they will do all that they can to destroy us, until the universe itself decays and collapses. If the Narns all stood together in one place and hated, all at the same time, that hatred could fly across dozens of light-years and reduce Centauri Prime to a ball of ash. That's how much they hate us."
                  -- Delenn and Londo in Babylon 5:"A Voice in the Wilderness #1"

...and about what Galen did in the Technomage trilogy as he was leaving Thenothk.

When it comes to TNT, my anger doesn't fade in the least.

The only time I watched TNT since June 1999 was when I watched their production of "A Christmas Carol" (starring Patrick Stewart), and I only watched THAT because Patrick Stewart was in it.

Anyway, no broadband access and no modern PC, so I can't do YouTube. Hmmm, maybe over at a friend's house. Are they saveable or only watchable on YouTube?
                  Last edited by KoshN; 12-09-2008, 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
                  Mac Breck (KoshN)
                  ------------------
                  Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
                    Lemme guess, it begins and ends with a 'T' (Heh.).
                    Got it in one, Mr. Breck.

Anyway, no broadband access and no modern PC, so I can't do YouTube. Hmmm, maybe over at a friend's house. Are they saveable or only watchable on YouTube?
                    I've read of people being able to but it's beyond me (not that that's saying much).

Jan

Comment

Saving Youtube clips

Got it in one, Mr. Breck.

I've read of people being able to but it's beyond me (not that that's saying much).

Jan
                      I use a program called "Tubehunter". It allows you to download youtube clips (plus others) and you can convert them to just about any format eg divx,avi,wmv,mpeg,
                      it'll also make videos into MP3s so you can listen to your favorites too.It'll also rip DVDs.
                      I cant remember where i got it ,I think it was on a magazine cover disc.The new version costs $30 but if you
                      do some searching,I'm sure you could find a previous version and a crack for it (NOT that we condone that sort of thing.
                      CHEERS
                      GAVIN
                      Abso-fragging-lutely-dammit.

Comment

Great videos. I could swear I didn't see some of this footage before. Does anyone know if this included specially made, or deleted shots?
                        What a wonderful world you live in. -
                        Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by thegavel View Post
                          I use a program called "Tubehunter". It allows you to ....
                          Thanks for the tips!
                          Mac Breck (KoshN)
                          ------------------
                          Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
                            Great videos. I could swear I didn't see some of this footage before. Does anyone know if this included specially made, or deleted shots?
                            I don't think so. Certainly not anything specially shot. Which scenes are you thinking of?

Something that just occurred to me. For those who ask what to show potential new fans, a selection of these videos might be just the thing.

Jan

Comment

thanks very much for the links Jan.

They have nothing to do with each other. Mongoose has no connection with WB except as a licensee and "B5" hasn't been open since they finished post production on the Lost Tales.

If WB had refused to renew the license to Mongoose, that might be meaningful but it's Mongoose who's dropping it.

Jan
                              Mongoose Publishing: do not get me started.
                              "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Working...
                              X