No announcement yet.

Least favorite guest star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disliked the jester in Cartagia's court. I found him singularly unfunny.
    "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

<<But really, there is absolutly nothing to like about this guy, all the other baddies have at least a few redeeming qualities to them;>>

That is why we was such a great bad guy.

And remember, this is least favorite guest star, not most hated character.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Originally posted by NotKosh
        I disliked the jester in Cartagia's court. I found him singularly unfunny.
        "Humor is such a subjective thing."

Apparently, cartagia shared your opinion.

Comment

"True comic visionaries are rarely appreciated during their lifetime"
          They'll let anyone use a modem these days, won't they?-jms

Comment

Its Scientists Stupid!

Originally posted by Spidy
            *Cough* I'd have to agree with the opposite of the above statement....

Comment

Re: Its Scientists Stupid!

Originally posted by Spidy
              Originally posted by CRONAN
              *Cough* I'd have to agree with the opposite of the above statement....

Mediocre comedians are widely appreciated in their lifetime?
              "I am not a number! I am a free man!"

Comment

Re: Re: Its Scientists Stupid!

Originally posted by NotKosh
                Mediocre comedians are widely appreciated in their lifetime?
                If were dealing in opposites here, then strictly speaking it would be comedians with *no* comic vision.

However I simply meant,

''True comic visionaries are almost always appreciated in their life time.''

Comment

Gosh Cronan, I've always enjoyed William Forward's performance in the role of Refa. You did absolutely nail the character traits though, which WF pulled off with gusto. Didn't JMS say something about how nice of a guy WF was, and how he was concerned that he'd done something to hack off JMS after being told the character of Refa would be killed?

How could one not love this exchange?

Londo: "But we have treaties!"
                  Refa: "INK on a page!"

Man, if B5 had one thing it was GREAT villians, ranging from near-innocent pawns to pure unadulterated evil. Not to mention all shades in between.

Like Refa said: "It's a small price to pay for immortality."
                  "The cat is not evil for killing the rat, nor is the rat evil for stealing the grain. Each acts according to its nature." Master Po - Kung Fu:TOS

Comment

<<Like Refa said: "It's a small price to pay for immortality.">>

"HA HA HA HA HA HA!"
                    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Quote:
                      Was William Forward the one who said, "Why me?" as mentioned in one of your Usenet messages?
                      Yes, it was with the actor who plays Refa that I had that conversation. He was initially bummed out, figured I was doing what I was doing in "Rock" because I wasn't happy with his performance or something. So I pulled him aside and explained the situation, and indicated that we'd likely use him again as an alien character, under prosthetics. If he hadn't done such a good job, this wouldn't have happened, because no one would've cared about the character.
                      ----------------------------------------------

Jms is a great guy. And from what I've seen or heard of him, I've liked, but boy did he really drop the ball on this one.

Its the bad guys job to make sure the audience hates his guts.

Point of fact: Nobody *cared* when that little snobby aristocrat got the sh#! beat outta him by the narn bat squad. I remember thinking, ''Oh God, finally. Finally they killed this guy''

Is it a small price to pay for immortality?
                      Mentally, I was singing right along with the church quire.

Last edited by CRONAN; 06-29-2004, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Absolutely! That episode was one of the most carefully crafted and extremely well plotted episodes of the entire series. I especially loved how G'Kar gave his instructions to the other Narns, saying to leave Refa's head and face intact for identification, while miming the old "knife across the throat" bit.
                        Its the bad guys job to make sure the audience hates his guts.
                        Yep, and WF did a great job at it! But for me, I can't truthfully say that I hated Refa's guts, I saw him as an extremely corrupt, overly ambitious Centauri. And there were others who picked up pretty much where he left off, like the guy who threw the knife at Londo. I can't remember his name at the moment.

I think I didn't really get major pissed at a character until Morden casually had Adira Tyree murdered to reposition himself with Londo. The scene where Londo nearly collapses is very emotional. Man, as much as I love Morden's character that one act changed the way I perceived him.
                        "The cat is not evil for killing the rat, nor is the rat evil for stealing the grain. Each acts according to its nature." Master Po - Kung Fu:TOS

Comment

<<Point of fact: Nobody *cared* when that little snobby aristocrat got the sh#! beat outta him by the narn bat squad.>>

Point of opinion, you mean? That was a big moment, letting those Narns beat their worst enemy. And the fact that G'kar let them have it was a sign of his changing character.

Comment

Point of fact: Nobody *cared* when that little snobby aristocrat got the sh#! beat outta him by the narn bat squad. I remember thinking, ''Oh God, finally. Finally they killed this guy''
                            I disagree - making your "fact" no more than an opinion. Sure I cared that the Narns beat the sh#! out of Refa, but not because I thought he didn't deserve it, or shouldn't be killed for what he'd done. I cared because it was a _very_ poignant, well set-up dramatic moment, and I absolutely felt his fear and desperation as he turned and ran. Chilling.

IMHO, if we _didn't_ care about Refa's fate at all, then JMS wasn't doing his job.

Wow, that's a really archaic spelling for "choir." Or do you live someplace where they still actually spell it like that? If so, where? I'm totally amazed to see anyone modern using it!

Aisling

Comment

Working...
                            X