No announcement yet.

Least favorite guest star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i didn't like Byron. But that doesn't mean i have to dislike the actor, right? Robin Atkin Downes played a Minbari in ItB and did a fine job. I can't say he is bad guest star.

Comment

Byron had a kewl voice and look, but the character's goofy ideologies were what irked me about him. I always had my violin on hand during Byron eps.
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I disliked Morann in a coupla scenes because his "Minbari" accent broke down and he sounded Byron-like.

Agree though that we cannot blame the actor for the role.
        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

i got a good one

No, guys. I think the absolute worst guest star/character was Dr Franklin's dad..uggg-- I couldn't even develop an emotion for his character--it was like needing something to drink on a hot day and someone hands you a glass of lukewarm water. Sure it quenches your thirst, but you really dont enjoy it--
          Speaking of drinkw..think Iwill make a nice Banana Bailey Colada..
          *hick... be right *hick.... back..
          There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against such power, governments, and kingdoms, and conquerors cannot stand.
          WE WILL BE FREE!

Comment

Just a question for a few of the choices.
            What was wrong with Michael Ansara, Turhan Bey, or Ed Wasser(Morden)? Both Ansara and Bey seemed to give very reserved intelligent performances, while Wasser played the role to a tee ( I thought). Just curious.

Figaro

Comment

<<Michael Ansara, Turhan Bey, or Ed Wasser(Morden)? Both Ansara and Bey seemed to give very reserved intelligent performances, while Wasser played the role to a tee ( I thought). Just curious.>>

Sarcasm, dumbass.
              Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Sarcasm, dumbass.
                Sorry, I've had conversations with people who made statements like that and meant it. And I've met some pretty stupid people, so I figured if people felt that way, I'd try to figure out why.

I guess I just expect stupidity in any setting.

Figaro

Comment

Don't feel bad, Figaro - I couldn't tell they were being sarcastic, either. I just thought perhaps they had odd taste in acting skills...

Aisling

Comment

<<I guess I just expect stupidity in any setting.>>

Especially on the highways and biways. I hate two-lane freeways because you have three groups and only two lanes.

The two lanes:

1. Left
                    2. Right.

The three people:

1. The sloooooow dirvers who go 50 in a 65 and even slower in the lightest rain.
                    2. The normal drivers who like to do about 72 in a 65 and try to get past the #1's without getting hit by...
                    3. ...the people who go 90 to 100 while talking on their celly and drinking coffee.

Two lanes bites.

Comment

<<I just thought perhaps they had odd taste in acting skills...>>

Hey, Joe Don Baker and Miles O'Keefe are great thespians, okay!

How much keef is there, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by AislingGrey
                        Don't feel bad, Figaro - I couldn't tell they were being sarcastic, either. I just thought perhaps they had odd taste in acting skills...

Aisling
                        As soon as I saw anyone include michael Ansara in "least favorite guest stars" I knew it was sarcasm.

The "dumbass" remark appeared out of character. Even with a smiley, reference to another poster (as opposed to oneself) as a dumbass is not likely to be taken as sarcasm.

Edit: deleted notes from the Spelling Nazi.
                        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

<<The "dumbass" remark appeared out of character. Even with a smiley, reference to another poster (as opposed to oneself) as a dumbass is not likely to be taken as sarcasm.>>

Yeah, I better be careful or figaro might clean my clock for me.

Comment

Now that I think about it, there was one character who was a constant boil on the @$$ all throughout his stay on B5.

Namely, Lord Refa. Where to start? He's a shameless liar, self-centered, murderous, slimy, power-hungry, two-faced, moraless. Unfortunately, hes also driven, persuasive, and has a keen intelligence.

But really, there is absolutly nothing to like about this guy, all the other baddies have at least a few redeeming qualities to them;
                            Bester has a sense of humor and an element of cheer to him, if a little perverse. Morden has a sort of mysteriousness to him in the begining. And the Shadows are just the coolest bad-guy race ever conceived, anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by CRONAN

But really, there is absolutly nothing to like about this guy,
                              Originally posted by CRONAN
                              . Unfortunately, hes also driven, persuasive, and has a keen intelligence.
                              Ahem?

Comment

Originally posted by Stunaep
                                Ahem?
                                Problems with your throat?

Comment

Working...
                                X