Least favorite guest star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least favorite guest star

I don't mean bit parts...who is your least favorite guest star?

I have to go for that terrible Michael Ansara. Oh, and that awful Turhan Bey.

In all seriousness, I did not like Bernie Casey in Hunter, Prey. I have never cared for his acting. He delivers his lines like he's reading them while half paying attention. I thought it could have been a stronger episode with someone stronger in the role. The same goes for his role in The Maquis on DS9.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

This is an extemely difficult topic. I'm really struggling to think of any guest star(s) I didn't particularly like.

The closest I can come at the moment would be perhaps W. Morgan Sheppard as the Soul Hunter. I've never really cared for the scene where he's doing his little chant. But this example is definitely a stretch.

Another slight possibility would be Elaine Thomas as Lianna Kemmer, from Survivors. It wasn't that I dislike the actress (I really haven't seen her in other things), but the character was really whiney and pretty much got on my nerves. But this example is also a stretch, since the character was written that way.

But I thought BC was pretty good in I'm Gonna Git Ya, Sucker His deadpan delivery worked in that role.
    "The cat is not evil for killing the rat, nor is the rat evil for stealing the grain. Each acts according to its nature." Master Po - Kung Fu:TOS

Comment

The closest I can come at the moment would be perhaps W. Morgan Sheppard as the Soul Hunter. I've never really cared for the scene where he's doing his little chant. But this example is definitely a stretch.
      When I've watched him as the Soul Hunter, or G'Sten, it's hard to believe that he was up against Andreas for the role of G'Kar. Not because I don't think he's good; it's more a matter of just not being able to see _anyone_ but Andreas in that role.

Aisling

Comment

Remember the series of ads TNT ran with G'Kar? That was at least one thing TNT did, they promoted the series. Well, at first.

But I never knew Sheppard was up for the role of G'Kar! Whoa! I agree TOTALLY, only Andreas. It was neat that even JMS tipped his hat to the fact that Andreas was the king of rhetoric (when Sheridan asked him to write the inauguration speech, remembering G'Kar's words after the surrender of Narn and how they made the hair stand up on his neck). Lots of other characters had grand sweeping speeches, but G'Kar had a depth to his delivery that was unmatched. For me, only Bester could rival G'Kar, but in a different way.

"You have two dead bodies in the morgue, Mr. Garibaldi. Make the BEST of them."

I also love the commentaries where some of the staff talk about how frightening Andreas is when in character. They were saying if you need to see Andreas, you have to catch him before he sits in "the chair". Once the makeup is on, he IS G'Kar......and it can be SCARY.
        "The cat is not evil for killing the rat, nor is the rat evil for stealing the grain. Each acts according to its nature." Master Po - Kung Fu:TOS

Comment

In the episode "Exogenesis" in season 3, Marcus introduces us to a friend of his, Duncan. Duncan is an old man with a bad cough, selling trinkets in a marketplace full of cheap wares. When Duncan disappears, Marcus asks another seller if she has seen where Duncan has gone.

The actress is black, I think she's wearing a red dress, and her final line is "That's ... all I know".

Her performance is nothing short of cringe-worthy ... She may be a fine actress in other roles, but she was just wrong for this role. It's horrible, and so Malibu-Barbie-ish ..... And when you think of the talent that has walked through the sets of Babylon 5, to have her there is just shameful. I can't stand her, and I'm glad she was only there for a moment. Anything more would involve Marcus's pike upside her head.
          "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

I liked W. Morgan Sheppard in that role as the Soul Hunter. His chant was SUPPOSED to be annoying, kind of like Robert Shaw scratching the blackboard with his fingernails to get the room's attention in Jaws.

Comment

Morden. Always Morden.

Comment

I know this will be considered blasphemy by some, but Majel Barrett did nothing for me in PoNR. I thought she was wooden and unconvincing. I understand the symbolic nature of her appearance, but saw no value to it beyond the symbolic.
                I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

I also love the commentaries where some of the staff talk about how frightening Andreas is when in character. They were saying if you need to see Andreas, you have to catch him before he sits in "the chair". Once the makeup is on, he IS G'Kar......and it can be SCARY.
                  It's funny that people say that - Andreas himself denies it. He's not a method actor, and in fact cannot stay in character all day because he never _becomes_ the character at all. He says that there's always a separation between Andreas and G'Kar; there's no confusion about who he is at any time.

But I can see how one might find him physically intimidating in full Narn regalia.

Aisling

Comment

Originally posted by AislingGrey
                    It's funny that people say that - Andreas himself denies it. He's not a method actor, and in fact cannot stay in character all day because he never _becomes_ the character at all. He says that there's always a separation between Andreas and G'Kar; there's no confusion about who he is at any time.
                    That kinda reminds me of the story of Slims Pickens at Pinewood Studios when they were filming "Doctor Strangelove.". He showed up in cowboy duds and an almost incomprehensible (to the British crew) western accent. They concluded that he was just "method acting." In fact, that is how he dressed and talked every day!
                    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

I was just going through season 1 again (since I can now watch all 5 seasons on DVD...WOOHOO!) and realised......I hate Jinxo! I think the *idea* was really cool, and I realise the actor played the character the way he's supposed to be portrayed (slightly neurotic), but his sardonic grin drove me nuts!!!!! Just my $.02 ($1 US)

Comment

Hey, grumbler, I gotta agree with you...I've always found Majel very wooden, except for one role...Lwaxana...could this be because it is her true self? PONR was awesome, but it could have been even better with a better actress in the role.

I gave her a chance, but she just didn't do it for me. I also gave Koenig a chance, and man, did he flourish as Bester or didn't he?
                        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

it could have been worse than Majel

i agree with Z'Ha Dum--Majel never cam out of her shell on that character..It could seriously have been worse..It could have been George Takei..That is one guy i am glad Star Trek got out of the movies by giving the character hsi own ship..

I think the worse cast character was the guy who play the referee on TKO--i am sorry, but to me that was a really bad one..i mean yeah it was supposed to be a ritual fighting tourney, but come on couldn't they have done better than blantly using these guys? i forgot his name, can anyone remember--i know he is a regular asian actor on many shows and movies
                          There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against such power, governments, and kingdoms, and conquerors cannot stand.
                          WE WILL BE FREE!

Comment

John Schuckas the second Draal after Louis Turenne. He took a wise, seasoned character and turned him into a snarky, obnoxious, loud mouth(at least that was the feeling I got from him).

Comment

I'm supprised no one has mentioned Byron.

Comment

Working...
                              X