Alternate episode title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate episode title?

I was reading through Mojo's blog and ran across this tidbit.

Originally posted by mojo
    Did you know that ôBlood and Thunderö was the original title of ôMidnight on the Firing Line?ö ...

Is there any truth to this?
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Originally posted by glindros View Post
    I was reading through Mojo's blog and ran across this tidbit.

Originally Posted by mojo
    Did you know that ôBlood and Thunderö was the original title of ôMidnight on the Firing Line?ö ...

Is there any truth to this?
    Yep that's true. Funny enough I had just read the jms posts relating to that earlier today:

May 10th 1993:

The working title was "Blood and Thunder," just something to hold me over until I could come up with a good title...particularly after Kathryn said to me, "You KNOW that if it gets produced with that title, people are going to refer to it as "Thud and Blunder." Her mind works this way; I am an innocent by comparison....
    May 21st 1993:

BTW, came up with a better title for script #1: "Midnight on the Firing Line."

Comment

Several early episodes had alternate titles. "Signs and Portents" was originally "Raiding Party." I like the double meaning of that title.

Check the first season and early second season episodes at the following site for more original titles:

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/countries/us/eplist.html
      Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Interestingly, the DVD case of Season 1, Disc 1 of my Region 2 DVD states the first episode is entitled 'Sabre Rattling'.

Comment

Originally posted by BabylonRebel View Post
          Interestingly, the DVD case of Season 1, Disc 1 of my Region 2 DVD states the first episode is entitled 'Sabre Rattling'.
          Oddly enough, the original version of that episode was going to involve time travel, and the episode name would provide a clue to the timeframe of the story.

"Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Working...
          X