Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The WB online posts Babylon 5 (thewb.com)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The WB online posts Babylon 5 (thewb.com)

    I saw on the news on google that WB is creating an online TV channel where you can build a playlist and watch streaming videos of WB shows at http://www.thewb.com/. One of the shows included is Babylon 5. It looks like they have season one posted already. I don't have flash installed at work though, so I don't know how well the player works or if it actually does anything at all.

    Here's the link for the Babylon 5 section:

    http://www.thewb.com/shows/babylon-5/

  • #2
    Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
    I saw on the news on google that WB is creating an online TV channel where you can build a playlist and watch streaming videos of WB shows at http://www.thewb.com/. One of the shows included is Babylon 5. It looks like they have season one posted already. I don't have flash installed at work though, so I don't know how well the player works or if it actually does anything at all.

    Here's the link for the Babylon 5 section:

    http://www.thewb.com/shows/babylon-5/
    "The WB can only be viewed in the United States" sorry , no can do here in Europe

    would have been nice tho....
    Jan from Denmark

    My blog :

    http://www.babylonlurker.dk

    "Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

    Comment


    • #3
      Well I brought up "Midnight on the Firing Line" and here's the thing -- there are commercials, although it is only one commercial at a time -- but THEY PUT COMMERCIALS IN WHERE THERE WEREN'T ANY BEFORE. There was a commercial in the middle of the teaser, a commercial before the opening credits, and a commercial after the opening credits. I haven't watched much farther in that episode or the other episodes yet.

      EDIT: forgot to mention there was a commercial before the episode started too.

      EDIT2: OK, this mainly seems to be an issue with Midnight. I clicked on "Babylon Squared" and there was just the initial one before the show in addition to the regular commercials.

      EDIT3: Well, The Gathering was completely screwed up. It went commercial -> Babylon 5 title -> commercial -> Londo saying "age of mankind" -> commercial -> Londo "Earth year 2257"
      Last edited by JoeD80; 09-16-2008, 05:08 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JoeD80 View Post
        Well I brought up "Midnight on the Firing Line" and here's the thing -- there are commercials, although it is only one commercial at a time -- but THEY PUT COMMERCIALS IN WHERE THERE WEREN'T ANY BEFORE. There was a commercial in the middle of the teaser, a commercial before the opening credits, and a commercial after the opening credits. I haven't watched much farther in that episode or the other episodes yet.

        EDIT: forgot to mention there was a commercial before the episode started too.

        EDIT2: OK, this mainly seems to be an issue with Midnight. I clicked on "Babylon Squared" and there was just the initial one before the show in addition to the regular commercials.

        EDIT3: Well, The Gathering was completely screwed up. It went commercial -> Babylon 5 title -> commercial -> Londo saying "age of mankind" -> commercial -> Londo "Earth year 2257"
        Sounds positively littered with commercials, and that would be a huge turn-off for a lot of people.
        Mac Breck (KoshN)
        ------------------
        Warner Brothers is Lucy.
        JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
        Babylon 5 is the football.

        Comment


        • #5
          And I used to think the Zima and Kawasaki product placements were annoying.
          What a wonderful world you live in. -
          Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by glindros View Post
            And I used to think the Zima and Kawasaki product placements were annoying.
            I'm guessing those look subtle, now?
            Mac Breck (KoshN)
            ------------------
            Warner Brothers is Lucy.
            JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
            Babylon 5 is the football.

            Comment


            • #7
              You can also watch it on Hulu.com, Joost has it on their WB channel, Veoh also has it. Joost has Season 1 & 2...but the Veoh only had. WOnder why they aren't releasing the last 3 Seasons yet...
              BTW Hulu also has Airwolf.....(hums Airwolf theme to self)......
              There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against such power, governments, and kingdoms, and conquerors cannot stand.
              WE WILL BE FREE!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ranger 6 and 7/8 View Post
                You can also watch it on Hulu.com, Joost has it on their WB channel, Veoh also has it. Joost has Season 1 & 2...but the Veoh only had. WOnder why they aren't releasing the last 3 Seasons yet...
                BTW Hulu also has Airwolf.....(hums Airwolf theme to self)......
                I started watching The Gathering on Hulu, which works better than thewb.com, HOWEVER, the commercial problem is the same -- commercials thrown in randomly where there aren't any breaks in the original video. Again in the middle of Londo's narration. (although the commercials aren't as pervasive on hulu, they are still random)

                One note -- the pilot on Hulu is the ORIGINAL, and not the special edition!
                Last edited by JoeD80; 09-19-2008, 02:52 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Airwolf mention made me remember that I missed the new Knight Rider series tonight.
                  Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dr Maturin View Post
                    The Airwolf mention made me remember that I missed the new Knight Rider series tonight.
                    yeah... They got characters down to their skivvies in the first act (because KITT was on fire and it was too hot in the car...).

                    It went downhill from there. All pure lowest common denominator stuff.

                    FP

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by babylonlurker View Post
                      "The WB can only be viewed in the United States" sorry , no can do here in Europe

                      would have been nice tho....
                      You have to install "Hotspot shield" program and after that you can watch WB shows. Hulu.com and IMDB player works fine too.
                      Last edited by b5finland; 09-26-2008, 01:59 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        So thewb.com has now posted season 3 (for some reason the old seasons disappear when they post new ones??), but there is a big huge omission:

                        War Without End, Part One is there.
                        War Without End, Part Two is NOT.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by glindros View Post
                          And I used to think the Zima and Kawasaki product placements were annoying.
                          According to Jerry Doyle the bike was only in
                          the one episode (EYES) and that was to bring in
                          some dollars for the show.
                          (Where did he keep it anyway????).

                          And YES I do own a bike and YES it is a
                          '92 Kawasaki ZX11 NINJA (the same bike)
                          & I named my garage "Bay 13".
                          (strange things happen in there too).

                          If they're going to run ads at least put'em where they should be, our (Australian) cable stations are doing the same thing (cutting to ads before the dialog has finished=VERY ANNOYING -YES we have ads on cable and the best part is WE pay for them ???????????)

                          Just a side note, I really loved the "ads" they put in
                          the movie ROBOCOP.
                          The Magnavolt anti theft device was a scream.

                          CHEERS
                          GAVIN
                          Abso-fragging-lutely-dammit.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X