Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If The new project is about the Telepath Wars......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
    The Telepath Colony had been give a place on Babylon 5 so they did not need Epsilon 3 in the short term. Long term, humans cannot breath the atmophere of Epsilon 3.
    Actually, from the way they blithely sent down refugees during the Shadow War (cannot remember the specific ep right now) I am not sure the atmosphere was all that hostile.

figarojonez, I am not sure why no one brought this up before. It is certainly an interesting idea, and "outside the box."
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

The hostile atmosphere was a plot point in several early episodes.
      The Lurker's Guide raised the question about the unbreathable atmosphere in Epsilon 3 and te refugees in the page for "Falling Toward Apotheosis."
      The most likely explanation is that Draal provide an atmosphere in a limited place, or sealed a cave portion for the purpose.

Since the Great Machine was to remain exclusively with Draal as its custodian for an undefined future purpose I don't think that he would have allowed any permanent colony, and that the refugees were accepted only after negotiations, with the understanding that they'd be removed ASAP.
      Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
      James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Since the Great Machine was to remain exclusively with Draal as its custodian for an undefined future purpose I don't think that he would have allowed any permanent colony, and that the refugees were accepted only after negotiations, with the understanding that they'd be removed ASAP.
        Yeah, but they never even asked. I'm not saying it would have happened, but that it was never discussed. No one said,"What about that big planet that occupies most of the viewports?"

"Well, lets ask the guy who runs it."

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by figarojonez
          Yeah, but they never even asked. I'm not saying it would have happened, but that it was never discussed. No one said,"What about that big planet that occupies most of the viewports?"

"Well, lets ask the guy who runs it."

Just a thought.
          With an inhospitable surface, they'd have to live with Draal and the Zathri (Zathries? Zathrases? What's the propor plural? ) The Great Machine extended Draal's life and gave him access to vast knowledge , it came with the power to create a rift in time, it had tremendous external defenses and some internal, but would it reeeaally be a good idea to put a bunch of teeps in the same space as the living heart of the Machine? Maybe refugees in temp shelters on the surface, but a colony of living weapons inside? If it were me, it would take me no time to decide "no." It would scare me half to death!
          "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Yeah, but they never even asked.
            How do you know they didn't? Every single syllable ever uttered on Babylon 5 is not shown in the series. JMS left it up to us to fill in the blanks because he only had 42 minutes of screen time each week to tell a story and he couldn't always spell everything out.

Regards,

Joe
            Joseph DeMartino
            Sigh Corps
            Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Working...
            X