• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're dead. Hush.
    Radhil Trebors
    Persona Under Construction

Comment

The loss of Rick could and probably did cause the unforeseen extension of stage two, which JMS would not have known about when he gave us the Ides of May comment (that's where the unforeseen part comes in).
      --------------------------------------------------

Not necessarily. B5 alone has a huge cast of of characters to draw upon, not counting the characters from the spin-offs, all of which would be impossible to squeeze into a single movie, cameos aside.

The delay might be Rick Biggs related or it might not, it depends on how closley his character was tied into the main storyline in the script, if at all. Certainly there are many other possible reasons behind the delay than that.
      Last edited by CRONAN; 06-09-2004, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRONAN
        Certainly there are many other possible reasons behind the delay than that. [/B]
        Especially considering that we first began this vigil back in November which was when JMS told us that the project had gone from talk to money but that he wouldn't be able to talk about it until mid-to-late January.

It's all up to WB, not JMS unfortunately.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Wonder if the WB got ticked when he spilled the beans about the movie.

Comment

The loss of Rick could and probably did cause the unforeseen extension of stage two, which JMS would not have known about when he gave us the Ides of May comment (that's where the unforeseen part comes in).
            --------------------------------------------------

Not necessarily...
            That Biggs's passing may have contributed to the delay does not have to mean script rewrites or other adjustments with regard to the character of Dr. Franklin. It may simply be that other actors who were in mid-negotiation when they learned of his death may have taken a few weeks off from thinking about contracts to deal with their own grief and support the Biggs family. Hence an "unforeseen extension of stage two."

Wonder if the WB got ticked when he spilled the beans about the movie.
            1) It seems unlikely that they'd get pissed at a "leak" to the relatively small fan community - or that JMS would have offered that much of a hint if he thought they would.

2) It seems virtually impossible that WB would let anyone who felt that way delay a multimillion dollar project.

So I don't think that is a factor in the "delay" if that's what you meant to suggest.

Joe
            Joseph DeMartino
            Sigh Corps
            Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Originally posted by colonyearth
              My goodness!

Did you just shoot me?!

He just shot me. Did you see that? That can't be legal...can it?
              I mean just because I said to doesn't mean it's legal!

CE
              Actually, that Bang was the sound of twenty guns firing at once, so "He" isn't the proper pronoun!

And you've been begging, not asking, to be shot!

(All in jest, of course. I have njoyed your posts).
              I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                Actually, that Bang was the sound of twenty guns firing at once, so "He" isn't the proper pronoun!

And you've been begging, not asking, to be shot!

(All in jest, of course. I have njoyed your posts).
                Oh, please, sir...can you shoot me some more?

You've enjoyed my posts? OMG! Someone actually likes me!

Someone likes me, then has me shot....wait a minute.
                Anthony Flessas
                Writer/Producer/Director,
                SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

But we shot you "in the nicest posible way" - two warning shots to the head, then we shot to kill.
                  I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Remind me to put bullets in next time.
                    Andrew Swallow

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Swallow
                      Remind me to put bullets in next time.
                      Doh! Bullets! If we'd had bullets we wouldn't have needed to shout Bang would we?

Next time, CE. Next time we remember the bullets bit.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                        Doh! Bullets! If we'd had bullets we wouldn't have needed to shout Bang would we?

Next time, CE. Next time we remember the bullets bit.
                        Guess the RPG was confiscated by the Feds?
                        Anthony Flessas
                        Writer/Producer/Director,
                        SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

From what I could tell from this article, jms's future post is likely to be even longer than the last one.

Obtained from Max's website....

------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Big surprise this month: Supreme Power will be going on an unnannounced hiatus in August, and will be replaced with a six-issue limited series based on Dr. Spectrum. This is the first I've heard of the mini-series, but there have been some rumors of Supreme Power taking a break due to J. Michael Straczynski's busy schedule and Gary Frank's demanding workload. The question that remains to be revealed is when Supreme Power will return...will we have to wait six months for Dr. Spectrum to conclude?

DOCTOR SPECTRUM #1 (of 6)
                          Written by Samm Barnes
                          Penciled by Travel Foreman
                          Cover by Dale Keown and Richard Isanove
                          Part 1 (of 6)
                          Spinning out of Supreme Power, hot newcomer Travel Foreman and Joe StraczynskiÆs handpicked writer, Samm Barnes kick off a new miniseries starring Dr. Spectrum! Pulled from the pages of Supreme Power, learn the secret of Corporal Joe LedgerÆs dark past...........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Last edited by CRONAN; 06-11-2004, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X