No announcement yet.

B5Scrolls is now running wild on the internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent read all the arguments that are going on here but i think the site has made some nice progress and its quite informative.

And lets not forget well all have something in common we like the show so perhaps we should use that to our advantage to get over the differences i spotted in this thread.

Btw i think the site would look even better with newly rendered ships *hint hint*

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon Wolf View Post
      I havent read all the arguments that are going on here but i think the site has made some nice progress and its quite informative.

And lets not forget well all have something in common we like the show so perhaps we should use that to our advantage to get over the differences i spotted in this thread.
      Indeed. And that was what I have been saying, as well - it is a nice site, marred by some "fan silliness" (as Triple F calls it). Even with its silliness, it is still a nice site, full of new (Woot!) information that deserves to be out there on the web so fans can appreciate it.
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Triple F has posted the link to many of the sites i visit (either B5 or SciFi related) and i don`t think i have come across any negative posts till i came here.

he has been working on his site for a long time and am very glad indeed that it is up and going.
        "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Originally posted by jal View Post
          Triple F has posted the link to many of the sites i visit (either B5 or SciFi related) and i don`t think i have come across any negative posts till i came here.
          True, but then you see very few posts at all on those other sites. In fact, I would wonder if the 77 posts here did not comprise the majority of posts on the internet on the topic!

However, it would be a strange thing indeed if someone could create a website so perfect that no one would have anything to criticize about it. If this site has the only people willing to take the time to offer constructive criticism, then so be it.
          I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

I just pulled out a random copy of the Official Babylon 5 Magazine (Volume 1, No. 5) to find that JMS's "Last Word" column was devoted entirely to John Copeland; 16 column inches worth, describing all of the areas that John was involved in on the show. I liked the second-to-last paragraph:

Point being: When you see jms, add jc to the line soewhere as you read it...because at all times and in all places, he's standing right beside me.
            It's a shame that these aren't available any longer.

Jan
            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Here's the easiest way to break it down. Since JMS was flat-out writing for seasons 3-5 and usually didn't get to the office until a bit later in the day, and Doug Netter's office was basically down the road on Lankershim, who do you think most people had to talk to for decisions, particularly in the morning?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
                Here's the easiest way to break it down. Since JMS was flat-out writing for seasons 3-5 and usually didn't get to the office until a bit later in the day, and Doug Netter's office was basically down the road on Lankershim, who do you think most people had to talk to for decisions, particularly in the morning?
                Plus, I don't think a lot of people necessarily wanted to go to Doug Netter. The cast commentary on "Falling Toward Apotheosis" in which Jerry Doyle compares what happened to his character trying to take out Kosh II to what happened to him trying to get Doug to give him a raise not only was hilarious, but had the ring of truth.

Comment

Why do you think his nickname (in the industry) is the Rattlesnake.

Comment

Working...
                  X