X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voranek
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste
    Don't forget him as the Drakh in "A Call to Arms" or in a couple of season 5 eps. He also played a Drahzi in "The Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" He was quite busy with B5!
    And that wasnt just ANY Drakh.... just Shiv'kala, the Drakh Spymaster!!. He actually played a Narn in ".....Rock Cried Out.." who was speaking to G'Kar in the basement ruins of the Kha'Ri palace. I actually enjoyed him most as Shiv'kala... he coulpd be menacing without opening his mouth.

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Voranek
    Are you willing to count Wayne Alexander in his Non-Lorien roles? Such as Sebastian, or the Drazi in "Intersections in Real Time"?.

I surely enjoyed him in those, especially Sebastian... you were left wondering whether he was an ally, villain, simple pawn, or ???
    Don't forget him as the Drakh in "A Call to Arms" or in a couple of season 5 eps. He also played a Drahzi in "The Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place" He was quite busy with B5!

Leave a comment:

• Voranek
    replied
    Are you willing to count Wayne Alexander in his Non-Lorien roles? Such as Sebastian, or the Drazi in "Intersections in Real Time"?.

I surely enjoyed him in those, especially Sebastian... you were left wondering whether he was an ally, villain, simple pawn, or ???

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<So...what are your favourites in season 2, ZD?>>

In terms of stand alones...I liked A Distant Star, myself. GROPOS was good. Soul Mates. Knives could have been better, but the premise was fine (the Londo part, not the Sheridan thing). There All the Honor Lies was okay. And you gotta give JMS kudos for actually killing off a recognizable species in CAL.

Leave a comment:

• chaostaenzer
    replied
    I don't know...while good, that one ranks pretty low on my favorite season 2 stand alone episode list.
    I chose my words poorly. I should have written: Imho,there are only two non- arc- episodes in season two that are better than this one: "The Geometry of Shadows and "Confessions ans Lamentations".

However, I think the episode is a strong one. Overall, it seems to me that the stand alones in season 2 are rather weak..."A distant Star" and "The Long Dark" are hardly worth mentioning.
    "Gropos" is a nice one, it has some moments and "Knives" has a strong part (Londos old friend showing up) and a weak part(Sheridan is possessed by an alien). So...what are your favourites in season 2, ZD?

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<"Confessions ans Lamentations">>

I don't know...while good, that one ranks pretty low on my favorite season 2 stand alone episode list.

Leave a comment:

• chaostaenzer
    replied
    Keith Szarabajka from the episode "Soul Mates" has already been mentioned but that episode featured another great actress: Jane Carr as Timov. Actually, she is the reason i can watch that episode over and over. There are only two non- arc- episodes in season two that are better than this one: "The Geometry of Shadows"(with an great Michael Ansara as Elric) and "Confessions ans Lamentations".
    "Soul Mates" has some great dialogue and one can understand why Peter David was chosen to write the Centauri-trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• SciFiRanger
    replied
    <Who's your favorite guest star on B5?>

I really enjoyed seeing June Lockhart as "Dr. Laura Rosen" in the episode: "The Quality of Mercy". It was cool to see her on the same show with Bill Mummy again and the story line turned out to be one of the important episodes. If JMS had deleted that episode then Marcus would have lived and Ivanonva and Garibaldi would have died.
    Last edited by SciFiRanger; 06-30-2004, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<Not someone who'd let Bester get away with his "Nice to see that they're still hiring from the shallow end of the gene pool" remark.>>

And plus he had the semi-mullet thing going on. It was basically a Macgyvermullet.

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    replied
    Acck. Now I remember who you mean, Edgar's right hand man.

Agreed, a very good performance.

Leave a comment:

• Stunaep
    replied
    Speaking of literate guest stars, I've always had a thing for Mark Schneider's Wade. I just love the guys accent, his looks, and the intelligent henchman attitude. Not someone who'd let Bester get away with his "Nice to see that they're still hiring from the shallow end of the gene pool" remark.

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    Yeah, I did forget about that guy.

Damn shame well never see him again in the B5 universe.

Leave a comment:

• NotKosh
    replied
    I had to bump this.

I reread and it looks like everyone missed one of the better guest actors.

Reiner Schone as Dukhat. Every thing about his performance was just so right. Mentorly, sagely, commanding, humorous, always questioning but with a sparkle in his eyes.

"I will do nothing about it, and in the morning the Council will once again explain its wisdom to me".
    Last edited by NotKosh; 06-29-2004, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<It isn't such a tight trilogy as the others but it is still good. Good enough that you should rush to buy it? Maybe not, good enough that you should get it in one of your next visits to the bookstore: I'd say yes.>>

I was going to read it eventually. I will order it off amazon sometime soon.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    I remember another telepath reading "The Demolished Man" and thus deciding to name a child "Alfred Bester." That happened by the end of the first book (but "The Demolished Man" had been mentioned earlier).

I don't remember reading that Alfred Bester the Psi-Cop read the novel, but maybe he did.

The Amontillado story was written by Edgar Allan Poe at the beginning of the last century (or was it earlier? I'm no Poe buff). If it doesn't seem original now maybe it's because the idea has been rehashed since then?
    I haven't read it for a while, but it wasn't the plot that impressed me as much as the characters and the whole scenario.
    Poe had an obsession with being buried alive, it featured in several of his stories.

The Psi Corps trilogy is worth reading in that the first book explains how and why the Psi Corps was formed, and gives some of the background on Bester's family, the second book is the story of Alfred Bester up to the moment he's leaving for his first visit to B5, quite good character development. The last book is the story of Bester's final days, several years after the Telepath War, and includes his confrontation with Garibaldi...
    It isn't such a tight trilogy as the others but it is still good. Good enough that you should rush to buy it? Maybe not, good enough that you should get it in one of your next visits to the bookstore: I'd say yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X