Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<Well, actually I do believe he was reading a copy of ''The Demolished Man'' in the Psi tril, so that much stands to reason.>>

I still haven't read the PC trilogy. Is it so good I should rush to the store and buy it? Is it as good as LOF and POTM?

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    Well, actually I do believe he was reading a copy of ''The Demolished Man'' in the Psi tril, so that much stands to reason.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    It's clear that Bester is a well read guy. I wonder if he's ever read anything by Alfred Bester...

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    Well I read the Amontillado story, but I didnt quite see what the heck was so original about it. Some guy lures another guy into a tomb and walls hiim up, the end.

So Bester was refering to the tomb of the Montresors, huh? Well, it seems straightforward enough....

Hmm, well its kind of neat to know.

So, uh, thanks Jan.
    Last edited by CRONAN; 06-16-2004, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben-Thayer Dunnthaedt
    replied
    Check out Time After Time, with Malcolm McDowall as HG Wells and Warner as Jack the Ripper. heh heh heh........a REALLY GOOD one! Warner is at his best here. Some good twists and turns.

Leave a comment:

• Vir
    replied
    Originally posted by Z'ha'dumDweller

David Warner has been one of my favorite bad guys since Tron (which is when I first started liking Boxleitner, too). His voice is just awesome. The Omen. TNG's Chain of Command. Gorkon in TUC.
    And dont forget 'the Evil one' in Time Bandits

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<The great David Warner. A tremendous screen presence for such a slight man.>>

David Warner has been one of my favorite bad guys since Tron (which is when I first started liking Boxleitner, too). His voice is just awesome. The Omen. TNG's Chain of Command. Gorkon in TUC.

Too bad JMS didn't have anything better for him (or the casting director).

Leave a comment:

• Dr Maturin
    replied
    <<Is it just as simple as: he didn't really know what he was doing?>>

Well, this IS the guy who invites Daniel Ortega over to his crib to party.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    Damian London did a great job as the Centauri regent.
    I think I forgot to mention him before... and now that we're mentioning favorite moments: when he is telling Londo that he won't see another day (The Fall of Centauri Prime).
    The Regent had been mostly a comic character before, in that last appearance London showed quite well a dramatic aspect, still with the same personality, but no longer a comic character, a real tragic character.
    That was a great scene.

Leave a comment:

• Ben-Thayer Dunnthaedt
    replied
    Thank you Jan! Darn, that was bugging me.

Although G'Kar was my favorite for incredible quotes, Bester was the king of the one-line quips. Like this exchange with Garibaldi (and I think this is the quote, but definitely not exact)

Bester: "Mundanes breed like rabbits. It takes generations to create a telepath"
    Garibaldi "And mundanes are expendable"
    Bester (smugly): "Got it in ONE, Mr. Garibaldi"

And I thought of another really good bit of casting that often goes unnoticed: Clayton Landey in the role of Number 2.

Marcus: "I'm a Ranger"
    #2: "You a LOOONG way from Texas, son. Besides, you got the wrong accent"

Man I LOVE that line!

Leave a comment:

• Vir
    replied
    Recurring Role - Bester. (I've used Walters stunning performances to hook two hard core Trek fans onto B5)

Actual Guest Appearance - The great David Warner. A tremendous screen presence for such a slight man.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin
    replied
    Tis a great story, you should really give it some time to give it a read.

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    Huh, boy. I'll read that one when I got the time.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by CRONAN
    For the love of God, Montresor
    -------------------------------------------------

Could someone please explain what this means?
    In 'Ship of Tears' Sheridan asks Ivanova to meet with Bester first to see if he might try to scan her. When she goes into his quarters he asks her to sit:

IVANOVA: I'd rather stand.
    BESTER: I suspect you'd *rather* walk out that door and wall me up inside, do a little recreation of "The Cask of Amontillado"...for the love of god, Montressor...
    IVANOVA: If you get near a point, make it.

What Bester quotes is from a short story by Edgar Allen Poe that can be found here:

http://www.literature.org/authors/po...ontillado.html

HTH,
    Jan

Leave a comment:

• CRONAN
    replied
    For the love of God, Montresor
    -------------------------------------------------

Could someone please explain what this means?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X