No announcement yet.

Studio Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot, both of you! While I thought that the first explanation was plausible, I guess it's the second one that is correct in this case. Have I seen you under another name, Joe? (Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I haven't had time to browse the forum lately.

And speaking of addresses, maybe this is a very bad idea considering how celebreties are being treated, but does anyone know where JMS lives? I'd like to see his house, Googling the Earth...

Regards
    IamS
    Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
    http://www.babcon.org/

Comment

Originally posted by iamsheridan View Post
      Have I seen you under another name, Joe? (Sorry if this is common knowledge, but I haven't had time to browse the forum lately.
      Nope, only have the one name online.

And speaking of addresses, maybe this is a very bad idea considering how celebreties are being treated, but does anyone know where JMS lives?
      Somewhere in the San Fernando Valley.

Comment

And I think that's all the further we should go with this.

Let's respect the man's privacy.
        Got movies? www.filmbuffonline.com

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
          I know the studios have been reused. I wonder if there is anything B5 left there? Perhaps an old painted wall or something in the rigging?
          On the Lost Tales DVD doesn't JMS state that there was very very little they still had from the original series? They even had to rebuild all the sets, props, most of the costumes, masks etc.
          So I doubt you'll find much there *sniff*
          And so it began - The Minbari point of view
          (A Babylon 5 universe story reaching from before the Second Shadow war until well afterwards)

read it on B5 or on fanfiction.net

Latest chapter: The Awakening of the Soul Updated August 25th, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by frulad View Post
            And I think that's all the further we should go with this.

Let's respect the man's privacy.
            That was the point of saying it. In effect saying that's all one is going to know or needs to know. jms is the one who said he lived there. It's not like a secret he was trying to keep. The Valley's a big place.

Comment

My girlfriend and I took a drive up to the old studio today, since it was the first day we've both had off from work in a long while. It's only about 20 miles from where we live. We got a good look at the outside, but there was a strange man outside the gate who seemed agitated that we were there at all, so we didn't try to look up close. (He told us the building was closed today, but he wouldn't say why he was there since it was closed.) There aren't any company markings on the outside currently. It's the big red brick building there with the 5 loading docks and the rolling parking gate. The front door is glass, and we could see a hallway and a sign for restrooms. Everything in the neighborhood is industrial, and if you didn't know Babylon 5 had been filmed there, you would never have known that building was used as a television studio.

Edit: it looks like "The Division" was the last show filmed there that I can find any record of.
              JoeD80
              Confirmed User
              Last edited by JoeD80; 05-27-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Other shows Filmed at Old B5 Location

I know that Lee Goldberg at one time posted about filming Martial Law there (I think) and making snide jokes about various things left behind by Straczynski.

I tried doing a google groups search but couldn't come up with anything, though.

Lee Whiteside
                Webmaster
                SFTV.org
                B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

Comment

Working...
                X