Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studio Visits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Studio Visits

    Has anyone gone on a pilgramage to visit the site of the old B5 studios?
    Are there any markers. plaques or signs?

    Does anyone have the exact address? I believe it was on Tamarac Ave. But that's all I know.
    What a wonderful world you live in. -
    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

  • #2
    I believe it was 8515 Tamarack Avenue in Sun Valley, but I'm going by memory. As I recall, it wasn't a very nice area, so who knows what is there now?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
      I believe it was 8515 Tamarack Avenue in Sun Valley, but I'm going by memory. As I recall, it wasn't a very nice area, so who knows what is there now?
      Good memory, Joe. It was 8615 Tamarack Ave.; Sun Valley, CA 91352

      Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Good memory, Joe. It was 8615 Tamarack Ave.; Sun Valley, CA 91352

        Jan
        Google has a Streetview of this location. From the pictures, it does not look like a place to visit after sunset.

        http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8YoClxF698ILcg

        Comment


        • #5
          I've seen a lot worse.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
            Google has a Streetview of this location. From the pictures, it does not look like a place to visit after sunset.

            http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8YoClxF698ILcg
            Thanks for the link Dan. I can see the auto wrecking yard, and the quarry JMS references in the script books.

            So out of the the three buildings shown at the end of that circle which buildings did B5 occupy?
            Last edited by glindros; 05-06-2008, 08:08 AM.
            What a wonderful world you live in. -
            Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

            Comment


            • #7
              It was mentioned in the special features of one of the B5 DVDs that Sun Valley is one of the porn production centers of California.
              Ranger Code

              We walk in the places no others will enter.
              We do not break away from combat.
              We stand on the bridge and no one may pass.
              We do not retreat whatever the reason.
              We live for The One, we die for The One.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by glindros View Post
                Thanks for the link Dan. I can see the auto wrecking yard, and the quarry JMS references in the script books.

                So out of the the three buildings shown at the end of that circle which buildings did B5 occupy?
                I'm guessing it is the large warehouse.

                http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=....0025&t=h&z=19

                In case there is any doubt.

                http://www.secinfo.com/dUY3n.83.3.htm
                Netter Digital Entertainment Inc À 10-K À For 6/30/97 À EX-21
                ...

                Babylonian Productions
                8615 Tamarack Ave.
                Sun Valley, CA 91352
                State of Incorporation: California

                The other address I remembered is
                Babylonia Productions
                14431 Ventura Blvd. Suite 260
                Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

                http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...=16&iwloc=addr

                and

                http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e....0025&t=h&z=19

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow, it's been so long, it's starting to sound like archaeology. Perhaps someone should dig a trench there and see what kind of relics and memorabilia are buried in the subsoil.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JohnFourtyTwo View Post
                    It was mentioned in the special features of one of the B5 DVDs that Sun Valley is one of the porn production centers of California.
                    That explains the pak'ma'ra porn in Crusade, doesn't it?

                    Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by RMcD View Post
                      Wow, it's been so long, it's starting to sound like archaeology. Perhaps someone should dig a trench there and see what kind of relics and memorabilia are buried in the subsoil.
                      I know the studios have been reused. I wonder if there is anything B5 left there? Perhaps an old painted wall or something in the rigging?
                      What a wonderful world you live in. -
                      Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The Old Studio....

                        The big building with the sidewalk coming out of the corner I'm pretty sure is the B5 building. At the time of production, they left up the sign from the prior occupant. About the only exterior sign of what was going on was the "Sentient Crossing" sign by the parking lot.

                        It is somewhat neat about being able to look in fairly good detail online about various locations.

                        Lee Whiteside
                        Webmaster
                        SFTV.org
                        B520 ( http://www.azsf.net/b520 )

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Street nos

                          Hi,
                          could someone please explain how American street numbers work? Tamarack Avenue (Avenue BTW?) doesn't seem so long, so how can the studio be situated at no. 8615? If we're going to have large numbers, why not make it8000615 or somesuch?

                          Regards,
                          IamSheridan

                          Originally posted by Dan Dassow View Post
                          Google has a Streetview of this location. From the pictures, it does not look like a place to visit after sunset.

                          http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...8YoClxF698ILcg
                          Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
                          http://www.babcon.org/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by iamsheridan View Post
                            Hi,
                            could someone please explain how American street numbers work? Tamarack Avenue (Avenue BTW?) doesn't seem so long, so how can the studio be situated at no. 8615? If we're going to have large numbers, why not make it8000615 or somesuch?
                            Explaining street numbers across America would be a tall order since each municipality can determine their own system which can include leaving it to the land developers. I can't say what Sun Valley's rational was, but I can say that often industrial parks are numbered with very large gaps due to their nature. Buildings can come and go. When they are intially developed, they don't know how they'll be subdivided and how many buildings there will actually be. Also, it's not uncommon for a single building to have multiple street numbers if each section of the building has it's own outside entrance. Still, that does seem like a large number for a short street, say 25 street numbers per foot!
                            "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In the City of Los Angeles (which Sun Valley is a part of) all the numbers are measured from downtown, regardless of how long the street is. (specifically, 1st Street is the dividing line between North and South numbers and Main Street is the dividing line between East and West). This is so that roads side by side all have the same numbers. So six parallel blocks will all be numbered 8600 - 8700 -- If you look up 8615 Lankershim Blvd, a much longer street, you'll notice it's very close to the studio.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X