More Lost Tales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmyG View Post
    Yes, I know the story, Joe -- I have the story, in fact. I assumed the poster was talking about seeing a filmed version of the story.
    Wasn't saying you didn't. Not everyone knows about the stories though, so I thought I would mention it for those who didn't know that there was a Lyta G'Kar story written.

Comment

I'll try to track down that Amazing Stories issue. It wouldn't happen to be one of the stories they made into a comic book? It's been a while since I read those, so I can't remember if there was a G'Kar & Lyta story in one of the 14 DC comics.
      Speaking of comics, I read somewhere that when people bought The Lost Tales at Best Buy, it came with a mini-comic that was made as a memorial to Richard Biggs & Andreas Katsulas, but when I bought The Lost Tales at Best Buy the same week it was released, all I recieved was the DVD inside the case. Does anyone know whether the case was suppose to say something like "Comic Inside" or not. I didn't find out about a comic being in Best Buy DVD cases until a couple of days ago. Plus I looked all over the web for a picture or even a copy for sale of said comic and I haven't been able to find either. Does anyone one know where I could find either? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hole_In_Your_Mind View Post
        I'll try to track down that Amazing Stories issue. It wouldn't happen to be one of the stories they made into a comic book? It's been a while since I read those, so I can't remember if there was a G'Kar & Lyta story in one of the 14 DC comics.
        The short stories were done after they stopped putting out the DC comics.
        Speaking of comics, I read somewhere that when people bought The Lost Tales at Best Buy, it came with a mini-comic that was made as a memorial to Richard Biggs & Andreas Katsulas, but when I bought The Lost Tales at Best Buy the same week it was released, all I recieved was the DVD inside the case. Does anyone know whether the case was suppose to say something like "Comic Inside" or not. I didn't find out about a comic being in Best Buy DVD cases until a couple of days ago. Plus I looked all over the web for a picture or even a copy for sale of said comic and I haven't been able to find either. Does anyone one know where I could find either? Thanks!
        The mini-comic was only in specially marked boxes and, iirc, they only guaranteed 5 or so per store. Best Buy and Comic-Con last year were the only places to get them. You can still find them on Ebay but they're pretty expensive for a 6-page comic. If you like, I've written a description/synopsis of it that I can PM to you.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Hey Jan,

When I bought my DVD, there was nothing about the comic placed into the shrink-wrap, nor printed on the case itself... But, (thank the Maker) it *IS* there.

Could there have been some kind of printing snafu, as to marketing the comic?

Just curious, considering.

Comment

Yes my copy also never came with the mini comic. However, I was fortunate to order my copy off of E-Bay a couple of months ago. Every once in a while I still see the odd one up for sale, so if you're trying to find one, periodically check out E-Bay.

Comment

As I recall, Warners also gave them out at their stand in San Diego last year, along with some flashing necklace that had the Lost Tales logo. I suspect the latter will be equally hard to find.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I don't have a PM, so I'll just keep checking E-Bay for the comic and Amazing Stories issues.

Comment

I've sent it now, Hole_In_Your_Mind. Didn't want to send it unless I knew you wanted it.

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thanks for the PM Jan, I just realized that I have a Private Message box at this forum.
                    Don't worry about the cover picture, I saw a picture of the cover on E-Bay.
                    Thanks Again!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X