No announcement yet.

New TLT News ! *April Fools!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Penguins are the Best! I HAD to send them to my friends, and normaly I am not that kind of person 8-)

PeAcE
    greetings from austria, best known for its history and fine wine... feels like a wine cellar on a graveyard 8-)

Comment

Got me till the end. I guess wanting to believe something and having hope makes us gullible.

Comment

Only read this today and it is dated as the second on my set up I fell
        Even though I had realised as I read on and when I got to the release date of April first, I thought, what a pity it is just a joke. An April fools day release would be so appropriate for a B5 movie the joke would finally be on all those who mocked. disparaged and worked to harm the efforts to get the series to the end.

Comment

[sigh] it'd have been really funny if it wasn't such a farse that future episodes of TLT are gathering dust and that WB studio execs are a bunch of fools that don't like making money.

Comment

Originally posted by Talwyn View Post
            [sigh] it'd have been really funny if it wasn't such a farse that future episodes of TLT are gathering dust and that WB studio execs are a bunch of fools that don't like making money.

Yeah and this damn strike hasn't helped much either. The great maker is probably so backed up with other projects that even if Warner's was breathing down his neck, he'd have to tell them to "wait over there with everyone else".

Comment

Is this a frelling April Fool's joke? I'm not bloody amused. Being 12th April this frelling thread should have been deleted. These comments have been drastically censored. The original poster deserves being strung up by his dangly bits!

to be honest I thought about posting on some other sci-fi fan site but what stopped me was how would I feel reading such a post about Babylon 5. A joke is a joke but left up after April Fool's is cruel. Moderators.
              There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

It's never been the policy here to delete threads except for spam and as long as it's my call, it's not going to begin now. Nobody seems to have been fooled by it except momentarily. Even if you haven't been around for a while, if you read the thread from the beginning, it's obviously a joke.

Given that it *is* so far past April Fools day, though, I'll go ahead and edit the thread subject.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thanks Jan. Had it been on April Fool's that I had read it I would have been wary of it, expecting false information. Having been checking every few days for comments from JMS I was sadly disappointed expecting it to be true.
                  There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

Thanks for modifying the subject line Jan. I had considered deleting the whole thread, since it's purpose was served. I think you found a great compromise.

I think we should take our angst, and frustration, and write (not email) WB to encourage them to put out more TLT.
                    Here is their address:

Warner Home Video
                    4000 Warner Blvd.
                    Burbank, CA 91522

Put it to the attention of either of these two people.

Ronald J Sanders President of Warner Home video or
                    Diane Nelson president of Warner Premier, the direct to DVD production arm.

(Thanks to Colin for the mailing info.)
                    Last edited by glindros; 04-12-2008, 05:54 AM.
                    What a wonderful world you live in. -
                    Yeah, well, the rent is cheap, the pay is decent and I get to make my own hours.

Comment

Originally posted by glindros View Post
                      Thanks for modifying the subject line Jan. I had almost considered deleting the whole thread, since it's purpose was served. I think you found a great compromise.
                      "I live to serve...I serve to live." Ooops, wrong thread.

I think we should take our angst, and frustration, and write (not email) WB to encourage them to put out more TLT.
                      Here is their address:

Warner Home Video
                      4000 Warner Blvd.
                      Burbank, CA 91522

Put it to the attention of either of these two people.

Ronald J Sanders President of Warner Home video or
                      Diane Nelson president of Warner Premier, the direct to DVD production arm.

(Thanks to Colin for the mailing info.)
                      Good idea. Best to keep the frustration for here, though, and thank WB for B5 and encourage more Lost Tales. Working in demographic info can be helpful, too, from what I hear. That way they'd know that I fit into the lucrative and coveted 105-year-old/snaggle toothed/one blue, one green eye demographic that every advertiser dreams of attracting.

Jan
                      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Hey.. me, too! We should go have a nice snaggle-toothed coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                          Hey.. me, too! We should go have a nice snaggle-toothed coffee.
                          It's a date! We'll show 'em who it is who really drives the economy!

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                            "I live to serve...I serve to live." Ooops, wrong thread.

Good idea. Best to keep the frustration for here, though, and thank WB for B5 and encourage more Lost Tales. Working in demographic info can be helpful, too, from what I hear. That way they'd know that I fit into the lucrative and coveted 105-year-old/snaggle toothed/one blue, one green eye demographic that every advertiser dreams of attracting.

Jan
                            What kind of demographic info?

Comment

Originally posted by princevintari View Post
                              What kind of demographic info?
                              Age and gender are what you hear the most about but where you live and what you do are also important from what I gather. In my case, a real paragraph with my demographics information would be:

"I'm a 52 year woman living in Florida. I earn my living as a bookeeper and my interests include reading and traveling to science fiction conventions."

In addition to just my age and gender, I'm telling them that I'm a professional and that I've got discretionary income to spend on products that might be advertised with their production.

Jan

Comment

OT Demographics

Hi Jan,

at least for German marketing strategies you'd be too old alrady

No seriously. The main marketing strategies in Germany are targeted at 13-45 year olds because they are deemed to be the group with the most "buying power" (sorry, don't know the right english term).

Teenagers spent almost all their pocket money and usually don't save anything, so they are great customers and people between 20-45 usually have jobs and a steady income so they are more inclined to spend money as well. Older people are more careful with the spending and save more money for retirement (and in addition, their needs are usually not satisfiable with a huge LCD monitor or the newest mobile phone) and so they are not really targeted with marketing strategies.
                                This is changing, of course, due to the fact that there are A LOT more older people living in Germany than younger ones and seniors become a major factor when it comes to "buying power".

Sorry for the OT, just thought to clarify (hey, and at least the time I spent in college wasn't for nothing, I can remember that stuff )

Cheers,
                                *Starstuff*
                                It's easy to find something worth dying for. Do you have something worth living for?
                                Rule TwentyNine (Blog about B5, politics, environment and much more)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎