Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crusade: Complete Series (DVD) on sale for $14.76...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crusade: Complete Series (DVD) on sale for $14.76...

CRUSADE: The Complete Series on DVD is currently on sale at Deep Discount for $ 14.76 (free shipping). It has been on sale since last weekend...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/

I ordered a copy but was surprised it is described as "full screen" (4:3) instead of widescreen...

Hi. I bought Crusade when it first arrived on dvd and 4:3 was the only aspect ratio available. I was also surprised by this because I liked the look of B5. Does anybody know if Crusade was filmed in widescreen?

David

Comment

It was filmed in widescreen.

Comment

It's shipped out and I should get it in a few days. If you guys see any of the other B5 DVD's on sale I need to get them yet and appreciate the heads up.

Comment

Unfortunately we'll probably never see the wide-screen of Crusade:

jms 9/6/2004:

The reason that WB was able to release B5 wide is that TNT had paid to have them re-telecine'd to that format. It would take about two hundred grand to go through and do that with Crusade...and even though they've now grossed about half a BILLION dollars on the B5 dvd's to date, they don't seem inclined to want to spend that.

Comment

Hm. Wonder if the suits at WB have taken another look since 2004, especially since the success of The Lost Tales?
            no boom today . . .

Comment

That is a terrific price! And I thought I'd got a good deal paying about £12 ($24) when I got mine.

I must admit it was disappointing with Crusade not being widescreen still at least it got released on DVD at all... Looking at MGM * * Jeremiah season 2! * *
              Last edited by princevintari; 02-25-2008, 05:02 PM.
              There's an old saying. Do not try the patience of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Comment

So 4:3 was the only release... what a disappointment!... Well, maybe we'll see it eventually in widescreen when the B5 universe gets re-released in Hi-Def format! But it was still a great price to add this to my B-5 video collection... (along with the old TV series "V"....)

Comment

Working...
                X