No announcement yet.

Apocalypse Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the Crusade story-line had some very dark tones towards the end, with Earthgov (or branch of Earthgov) dealving deep into Shadow Technology.

This could easily be a plot revelation in store for us in TMoS. And who better to combat Shadow tech, than the technomages?

(insert the Vorlons or telepaths here)

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRanger
      Where did you get this tasty little tidbit from? If this is true then I may have been on the right track when I pictured Gideon going away and then being replaced by a more nobel captain, much like Sheridan replaced Sinclair. Although it would appear that Gideons fate differs greatly from Sinclairs. Michael O'Hare was not the worst actor for the part but he was the weekest link in the first season, in my opinion. Once Sheridan came on board that's when the ball really got rolling.
      I want hereby to be known, that I always considered Sinclair both a better actor and a better character than Sheridan. Not to mention better looking. No offense to Bruce Boxleitner, but he looks like a baby-face military jar-head, while Sinclair looked (and acted) intelligent. No yelling at the politicians, or "If you want a war, you got a war" kinda stuff, but a lot more non-standard and cooler soft yet sharp dialogue ("That's a lie!" "Yes it is. What's your point?")

And about Gary Cole being a not-so-good actor.... well, he's in the West Wing for crying out lout.

Comment

Hmm. There were some annoying qualities to Sheridan in the begining, namely his bloody, over-the-top cheerfulness and obsession with oranges. Then there was the hair...

From the begining, i think these were offset by his tact, cunning, not to mention intellect from his very first episode.
        Also, he was very driven. It was near impossible to change his mind once it was dead set on achieving something.

This aspect really shined from mid season 3 onwards.

Comment

He was also probably the cast member who changed hairdo's the most. And that includes all the female characters. I mean, he had at least 4 different hairdo's during s3.

Comment

You know, when I first watched the series I actually MISSED Sinclair when Sheridan came on board. Sheridan's gosh-golly-wow and speeches were a bit much at first and I wanted O'Hare back!

I think it is a credit to Boxleitner that he can transform his character so much in a season. I'm not sure when it happened, but his speeches became less hokey by the apology in the "The Fall of Night." His jarheadedness had also been tempered back long before "Shadow of Z'ha'Dum." Sheridan's transformation is really a great thing.

I have no complaints about Gary Cole as an actor. Actually, his image as an actor went up in my book after watching Crusade.

It went up higher after I found out he did voices on Family Guy...

Comment

Originally posted by colonyearth
              We might be getting some of this tale in TMoS given JMS's sly point to the blackboard where TMoS 101 had been written and erased during the Q&A at the recent New Jersey comic con he attended.

According to Jan, JMS pointed to the now erased TMoS 101 when asked two questions, one about Crusade and the other about the Technomages.

We know that there were elements to be revealed in CRUSADE about shadow tech and the technomages, the AB and only the Great Maker knows what else.

These were elements JMS has intimated that he really wanted the chance to explore and reveal...a story left to be told.

Do not be surprised if portions of that tale are a part of TMoS.

CE
              I have now corrected this earlier post of mine, since I accidentally originally posted: "Do not be surprised if portions of that tale are not a part of TMoS." Ooops, meant the opposite.
              Anthony Flessas
              Writer/Producer/Director,
              SP Pictures

I have no avatar! I walk in mystery and need nothing to represent who and what I am!

Comment

Originaly Posted by Stunaep

<<I want hereby to be known, that I always considered Sinclair both a better actor and a better character than Sheridan. Not to mention better looking. No offense to Bruce Boxleitner, but he looks like a baby-face military jar-head, while Sinclair looked (and acted) intelligent. No yelling at the politicians, or "If you want a war, you got a war" kinda stuff, but a lot more non-standard and cooler soft yet sharp dialogue ("That's a lie!" "Yes it is. What's your point?")

And about Gary Cole being a not-so-good actor.... well, he's in the West Wing for crying out lout.>>

You have your opinion and I have mine as to the quality of the actors in question. However please accept my apology for inadvertantly striking a nerve but we are all in titled to our opinions.

Comment

i really liked Michael O'Hare as Commander Sinclair. he had a great quality about him. he just had a certain presence and calming influence you would want in a commander and i liked that.

and then Bruce came on board and was a bit "wet behind the ears."

but i am certain that was intentional and it made for a great transition for his character throughout the 4 seasons he was there. it really showed how a character could grow and i think that was the entire point of the series. Sheridan goes from a wide-eyed starship captain to a no-nonsense President of the Alliance.

Londo goes from a drunken, gambling buffoon to a powerful, yet tragic Emperor.

G'Kar goes from a warlord type to a thoughtful intellect.

Lyta goes from a telepathic doorstop to a powerful and feared monster.

Lenier goes from faithful puppy to jealous obsessive.

Vir goes from frazzled assistant to ambassador.

Garibaldi goes from hair to no hair.

Keffer went from cool Starfury pilot to space dust.

you get the idea...
                  Last edited by Lieutenant Keffer; 05-28-2004, 07:00 PM.
                  Keffer

Comment

Vir goes from frazzled assistant to ambassador.
                    ahem... Vir goes from frazzled assistant to EMPEROR.

i always preferred Sinclair as commander, rather than Sheridan.
                    i thought of him as similar to any other soldier who has been through the meat grinder and saw more than he ever wanted to see of war.

he knew all too well the price that you pay in any conflict.

Sheridan did show a lot of growth in his personality over the series, but his wide eyed boyscout personna sometimes made me wanna puke.

Gary Cole and his character wern`t too bad at all, pity it never took off.
                    "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Originally posted by jal
                      ahem... Vir goes from frazzled assistant to EMPEROR.

where were you when i first edited my post?
                      Keffer

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiRanger
                        Originaly Posted by Stunaep

You have your opinion and I have mine as to the quality of the actors in question. However please accept my apology for inadvertantly striking a nerve but we are all in titled to our opinions.
                        I wasn't attacking your point of view in that post anyway. I can totally see how people can like Boxleitner more than Sheridan. Just, since those people are in a majority, I just wanted to presente an alterante point of view. No harm done.

Comment

Originally posted by jal
                          i always preferred Sinclair as commander, rather than Sheridan.
                          i thought of him as similar to any other soldier who has been through the meat grinder and saw more than he ever wanted to see of war.

he knew all too well the price that you pay in any conflict.
                          Yes, and as I pointed out earlier, this left JMS with a problem: he had a charactor starting the arc with the attitude JMS wanted him to finish the arc with - no room for growth.

Sheridan did show a lot of growth in his personality over the series, but his wide eyed boyscout personna sometimes made me wanna puke.
                          Yeah, there was a certain overcompensation for the mistake with Sinclair's charactor, for sure. Still, you have to admit that his line about how "I love being the commander" hit the eactly right note at the time.
                          I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

where were you when i first edited my post?
                            probably annoying the crap out of some other poor soul.

this left JMS with a problem: he had a charactor starting the arc with the attitude JMS wanted him to finish the arc with - no room for growth.

there was a certain overcompensation for the mistake with Sinclair's charactor, for sure. Still, you have to admit that his line about how "I love being the commander" hit the eactly right note at the time.
                            you say the truth on both points.

though i`ve gotta say that his conversation with his father in Severed Dreams almost ruined the episode for me (finger down the throat time) it was laid on a bit to thick for my taste.

at the end of the day i have to say that it did work out well.
                            "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jal
                              [B]probably annoying the crap out of some other poor soul.

actually i wish i had said,

"never let the facts get in the way of a funny post!"

i guess the *problem" was that Vir essentially went from assistant to ambassador to emperor all in the span of 2 eps!

so you can see how easy it was for me to forget about that Emperor part.
                              Keffer

Comment

Working...
                              X