No announcement yet.

Fund Raising for R. Biggs Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan, I did some updating on my RB page last night and I noticed that the memorial fund eBay page is empty...are we planning on filling it back up or shall I remove that particular link?

Bump.
    Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Update

It's been way too long since I posted an update on the raffle I'm conducting for the Rick Biggs fund. There's just over 10 days before it ends and I honestly think people may be missing out if they don't buy chances to win these items. To recap:

- Drawing will be held on Nov. 15, 2004
      -Prize packages are:

#1 - From the Set I - which includes David Gerrold's own "Believers" script autographed by the author, cast and director; set dressing napkin; piece of Crusade stationery.

#2 - From the Set II - which includes set used blueprints from episode #312 "A Late Delivery from Avalon"; a set used knife (Dureena's) from "A Call To Arms"; a piece of Babylon 5 stationery

#3 - The Lighter Side - which includes the 'Bird' cast photo with several autographs including Rick Biggs (note: photo has traveled around and shows it but all autographs are recognizable); Babylon Park video and t-shirt; selection of Ty Bourdenay satire prints signed by the artist.

#4 - Art of B5 - Painted portrait of Dr. Franklin; Framed limited print of Londo and G'Kar; 'War Without End' lithograph by Lightspeed Fine Arts.

#5 - Autographs - Cards and Photos autographed by major B5 folks (JMS) down to Security Guard #1. Autographs of Rick Biggs and Tim Choate are part of this package.

#6 - Models, Cards and Games - including the Special Edition Starfury model kit; Babylon 5 Station model kit and several sets of CCG and trading cards.

So far fewer than 300 chances have been sold and no one package is dominating so your chances of winning your choice are really pretty good. Better than the lottery! ;-)

Chances are available for $5 each, 3 for $10, 6 for $20 and 10 for $30. Purchasers can designate any combination of what drawings they want thier chances to be in. Go to http://rbiggsmemorial.starstuff.co.uk/ to purchase chances or to donate.

I'd honestly hoped that this would generate more than in has though the total (over $650) is still quite respectable. Let's get it higher, folks!!!

Also, once the raffle is over, there *will* be some fundraising auctions for the Tim Choate Memorial. Since I've already got the structure set up, it seemed fitting.

Thanks all! remember: http://rbiggsmemorial.starstuff.co.uk/

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Having some trouble with this. When I'm prompted to log into PayPal, I am able to do so, ie. it prints my name/address, etc. but then I click on 'Pay' and it craps out telling me I need to be logged in. Anyone else having any difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by Eccles
          Having some trouble with this. When I'm prompted to log into PayPal, I am able to do so, ie. it prints my name/address, etc. but then I click on 'Pay' and it craps out telling me I need to be logged in. Anyone else having any difficulty?
          I've got one other buyer today from the website, Eccles, and she didn't report any trouble. Have you tried just going directly to PayPal instead of from the website? The email address to use is " [email protected] " and you can put a note in as to what prize package(s) you want me to put your chances in for. I'll email you a verification once I receive it.

Thanks in advance!
          Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Counting down....

Only 4 more days for you all to buy chances for the raffle.

If you have any questions about the prizes or anything, please feel free to PM me. Want to know what autographs are on the 'bird' picture? Well....for one...JMS himself signed it. Interested in what cards are in the Models and Cards package? Just ask. Interested in who I think may have used the blueprints from 'A Late Delivery'? There's a name on them that's familiar to everyone here.

I'll be drawing the winners the evening of 11/15 and notifying everybody by email.

After the raffle is over, there will still be more auctions - some for Rick Biggs' family and some for Tim Choate's.

Thanks to everybody who's bought chances!

Jan

Comment

OK, done

Comment

Originally posted by RedFox
                OK, done
                Thanks, RedFox!

Two days. Today and tomorrow, folks, that's all the time left.

Procrastinators....give it up! This is the right thing, at the right time.
                The right place is:

http://rbiggsmemorial.starstuff.co.uk/

Thanks!
                Jan

Comment

We Have Winners!!!!

Okay, everybody, there are 6 lucky people out there who should have an email from " [email protected] " informing them that they've won a prize.

Before shipping expenses, the raffle brought in 1009.85!! Yay B5 Fans!!!

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all of you who bought chances!

Jan

Comment

Despite not being one of the lucky ones I'm still happy to have contributed. Thx Jan for getting this up and running!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RedFox
                      Despite not being one of the lucky ones I'm still happy to have contributed. Thx Jan for getting this up and running!!!
                      Thanks for contributing, RedFox. Don't forget to watch out for auctions for both Rick's and Tim Choate's families coming up. The wonderful volunteer who did the website may be able to help again so it'll be easy for the non-USians to contribute via PayPal.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan
                        Thanks for contributing, RedFox. Don't forget to watch out for auctions for both Rick's and Tim Choate's families coming up. The wonderful volunteer who did the website may be able to help again so it'll be easy for the non-USians to contribute via PayPal.

Jan
                        There's a problem with that. Only some non-USians can use PayPal. For example PayPal does not accept credit cards issued in Estonia for some reason. In fact, the list of countries is quite short.

And Estonia isn't some obscure 3rd world country, either. It belongs to the European Union, it's right alongside Sweden and Finland, it's got a strong economy, abundance of wireless internet hotspots, over 60% of estonians have cellphones, we're the first in the world to have electronic ID cards, Skype and Kazaa were both made here AND we have the highest suicide rate in the world.

So no, we're not an obscure country. Yet, PayPal doesn't care about us. Neither does Thinkgeek or just about any other online store.

Anyway, this whole fundraiser was a very nice idea. Thanks for doing it, Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by elver
                          There's a problem with that. Only some non-USians can use PayPal. For example PayPal does not accept credit cards issued in Estonia for some reason. In fact, the list of countries is quite short.
                          Is not that short actually.
                          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ntries-outside
                          Originally posted by elver
                          And Estonia isn't some obscure 3rd world country, either. It belongs to the European Union, it's right alongside Sweden and Finland, it's got a strong economy, abundance of wireless internet hotspots, over 60% of estonians have cellphones, we're the first in the world to have electronic ID cards, Skype and Kazaa were both made here AND we have the highest suicide rate in the world.
                          Question: is Kazaa an Estonian (or Russian) word and how it would translate to English?
                          I seem to remember reading that many phishers and other credit card fraudsters are located in the former soviet republics. Maybe that's the problem?
                          Your "obscure third world countries" may have better anti-fraud measures for credit cards an e-commerce. (BTW, those countries would appreciate it if you would call them "emerging economies" or "developing nations" the term "third world" is soooo twentieth century. )
                          Such... is the respect paid to science that the most absurd opinions may become current, provided they are expressed in language, the sound of which recalls some well-known scientific phrase
                          James Clerk Maxwell (1831-79)

Comment

Working...
                          X