Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan
    replied
    Today would have been Rick's birthday. I just watched John Hudgens' memorial video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyD4L8yNtsA

He was a nice man. And JMS wrote a wonderful dedication to him in the first of the B5 script books:

Dedicated with love and respect to the memory of
    Richard Biggs
    whose ship departed unexpectedly
    and far too early.

We envy the stars his magnificent company.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• The One to come
    replied
    I just watched the video and..... I..... i....

It is said that life is but a dream one that we must all wake from....... and.............

all his memories..... all his moments, his loves and hopes gone .......like rain in the ocean

I...... i don't have the words..........

only tiers........

Leave a comment:

• circularREASON
    replied
    Very nicely done.

Good luck on your next journey Rick.

Leave a comment:

• Gkar4ever
    replied
    Just saw the .Mov......all I can say is.....Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Isis Black
    replied
    i was so shocked to hear of this news!!!!
    its sucha sad think to hear especially for a man so young!!

RIP!!

Leave a comment:

• RedFox
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth
    http://download.theforce.net/theater...kbiggs_320.mov
    Thanks for the link, a really moving and honouring and well done tribute.

As the URL has a 'temp' in it we can't be sure how long it will be up. I've added it to the share of a common P2P network, hoping it will spread somewhat and keep it available for everybody (if posting this sort of link is against board policy, please let me know and I'll remove it):

Code:
    ed2k://|file|Tribute.to.Richard.Rick.Biggs.(1960-2004).by.John.Hudgens.mov|10794913|F75349121EE7DD82906D02D2CBAE70EC|/

Leave a comment:

• Andrew_Swallow
    replied
    The BBCÆs news report of Richard Biggs death.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/3752769.stm

The cult report
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/...25/11360.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Angelma'at
    replied
    Richard Biggs

I couldn't believe it when I heard yesterday about Richard Biggs' passing. I was shocked and saddened.

I watched him first on "Days of Our Lives" as Dr. Marcus Hunter and was so happy to see him again on B5. I've since watched him be a cop (Any Day Now), and all sorts of Doctors (Strong Medicine, Crossing Jordan). Whatever I saw him in, he always brought a strong presence that always shined through good material and rose above the not so good stuff.

I know he will be sorely missed by many people, certainly by those who knew him best, as well as by people like myself, who never met him, but was touched by his life in distinctive ways.

My sympathies to all his family, friends, and fans.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Originally posted by colonyearth
    Here is a link to the Rick Biggs memorial video, if you have problems with it...then right click on the link and then save to disk...it plays fine after that and is well worth the watch...I'm still crying from it.

It is the work of John Hudgens, who worked on the official B5 "music videos" for the show - clips from the show, with and without sound, cut in time to some appropriate piece of music. John hasn't put together anything like that in four years, but he was moved to produce a tribute video for Rick Biggs.

Be prepared to bawl.

CE
    Very nice...these words have such a meaning now

Leave a comment:

• Gkar4ever
    replied
    Man, you *had* to go and make me teary with that reference to Walkabout, didn't you? Glad to see so many of the cast were there to support his family.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    I found this account of the service for Rick over at the Zocalo Today:

MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR RICHARD JAMES BIGGS II
    The service was held today, Wednesday May 26, 2004, at the Emmanuel Lutheran Church in North Hollywood. It is a HUGE church, and I am happy to report that it was packed wall to wall with family, co-workers from Days, B5, and Strong Medicine. Rick was born on March 18, 1960, and passed away on May 22, 2004 - a mere 44 years old. There were many beautiful bouquets of flowers, with an especially beautiful one having sunflowers located on the floor, right at the head end of the casket. Rick is the only brother, and he has four sisters. His family is very large, very close, and very loving - and he has produced two beautiful children, RJ and Hunter.There were several pictures of Rick, the most striking (IMO) being a portrait with his sons.
    Service began with a beautiful rendition of "The Prayer" by Christina Ashford and Norman Large, accompanied by Sonia Ruud on the piano. Next, the welcome and opening prayer, then Rick's Life by one of his sisters, Alicia (who is known as Kathy.) Jerry Reddinger read from Job 19: 23-27, followed by Michael Lynch reading 1 Corinthians Chapter 13.

Peter Levine, Rick's friend for over 20 years, from when they attended USC together, told about what it meant to BE Rick's friend, and some of their activities... not all looked upon benevolently by the administration. Pastor Ken Frese told about The Father of RJ and Hunter, and then a tearful Andrea Lynch, one of Rick's nieces, read the Letter to Uncle Rick.

Some short prayers, followed by The Lord's Prayer (sung exquisitely, but I didn't get the lady's name!), the Benediction, and the hymn, "Joyful, Joyful." The attendees then lined up to pay their last respects to Rick and visit a moment with his lovely wife Lori and his family.

The following is transcribed exactly from a card inserted in the program:

In honor of Richard's most prized contributions to this world, his children, a special fund has been set up for their education. In lieu of flowers or gifts, please send donations to:
    The Benefit of the Children of Richard James Biggs II
    Washington Mutual Bank
    840 N. San Fernando Blvd
    Burbank CA 91502.

To help his children remember what a wonderful man he was and how many people's lives he touched, please send your special memory or photo to:
    RJ and Hunter Biggs
    1052 W. Alameda Ave #350
    Burbank CA 91506.

From Babylon 5, I saw the following people: This is from memory, and just because I didn't SEE someone does not mean that s/he wasn't present, okay?

Andreas Katsulas
    Pat Tallman and Jeff Willerth
    Bruce and Melissa Boxleitner
    Jerry Doyle
    Jason Carter
    Walter Koenig
    Claudia Christian
    joe
    Doug Netter
    John Copeland

I don't know anyone from any of Rick's other shows, but as I said, the church was PACKED. A fitting tribute to a wonderful man.

Doctor Stephen Franklin, May your walkabout be a pleasant one. Rest in Peace.

A private memorial followed at a home.

Richard "Chats" Feldman

Leave a comment:

• snodman
    replied
    Right - the "save as" option still successfully downloads the QuickTime movie. It is a VERY well done tribute to Rick Biggs.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph DeMartino
    replied
    Right click and select "save target as" from the drop-down menu. That should let you download the file and play it from your hard drive.

Regards,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• The One to come
    replied
    could you repost the link......
    it seems that it's not working.......

Leave a comment:

• colonyearth
    replied
    Here is a link to the Rick Biggs memorial video, if you have problems with it...then right click on the link and then save to disk...it plays fine after that and is well worth the watch...I'm still crying from it.

It is the work of John Hudgens, who worked on the official B5 "music videos" for the show - clips from the show, with and without sound, cut in time to some appropriate piece of music. John hasn't put together anything like that in four years, but he was moved to produce a tribute video for Rick Biggs.

Be prepared to bawl.

CE

Leave a comment:

Working...
X