• Show
Clear All

• jolty
    replied
    To quote Roddney King, "Can't we all just get along."

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    You are correct, and I was wrong. Re-reading your post, you were talking about the same "them" and THEN you talked about "people" and I misinterpreted it to be a more general "slam" than you intended. My bad.
    No hard feelings, grumbler. Let's all just get along and save our arguing for when we know more about The Memory of Shadows!

Aisling

Leave a comment:

• jolty
    replied
    The thing I've noticed on B5 fan sites is more and more people love Crusade that was not the case a few years ago. In fact I would say that slightly over half of all people on B5 fan sites liked Crusade when it was on. Now finding some one on B5 a fan site who does not like Crusade is a rare thing. With time the same people who couldn't stop bad mouthing it love it.

And the same trend holds true for Legend of the Rangers it seems with the passing of time at least half the B5 community now thinks it was rather good mostly except for the unfortunate kung fu weapons system. Just please remember this in the future.

You see LOTR is following the same pattern as Crusade it gets liked more that time passes. So when this new B5 comes out I hope you all remember that and stop sticking on every flaw.

Leave a comment:

• jolty
    replied
    Hey Grumbler,

I wasn't whinning I was bitching about other peoples bitching. And since you decided to bitch about my bitching I could bitch about your bitching about my bitching. But you know that sort of bitching would be to much of a bitch for me to handle. So I'm not going to do it because it would be a bitch to do.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    How many of you pre ordered the box?
    i did.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by AislingGrey
    Er...

I _wasn't_ talking about you. I don't even know you. I was talking about B5 fans who are actual personal friends of mine.

Aisling
    You are correct, and I was wrong. Re-reading your post, you were talking about the same "them" and THEN you talked about "people" and I misinterpreted it to be a more general "slam" than you intended. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    It has always amused me to hear people like me being accused of "never giving LotR a chance." Clearly, you know me not at all if you don't think I was absolutely ready to see a new B5 series
    Er...

I _wasn't_ talking about you. I don't even know you. I was talking about B5 fans who are actual personal friends of mine.

Aisling

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by AislingGrey
    Actually, I know at least a handful of fans who are _rabid_ about Crusade and still hated LotR. I think you nailed it more accurately with your later statement about them not willing to give it a chance. When people complain about LotR, I like to remind them to revisit how they felt about "The Gathering" at the time. I think that, as pilots go, "Rangers" was _far_ stronger than "The Gathering," and look what series came from "The Gathering"! Sheesh, people.

Aisling
    Actually, I thought TG was a far stronger pilot, especially considering its time and what was being done in TV at that time.

It has always amused me to hear people like me being accused of "never giving LotR a chance." Clearly, you know me not at all if you don't think I was absolutely ready to see a new B5 series (though I would frankly rather have seen Crusade come back, that wasn't gonna happen, and I thought JMS's shift of gears to a more action-oriented vice contemplative series was absolutely right for the market at the time).

I was expecting great things to develop from LotR, because the problems of "Rangers" were all things that could be fixed easily and I was sure they would be. Sadly, that was not to be - not because "Rangers" was so horrible, but because it's scheduling was suboptimal and SFC wasn't really happy about a high-priced space show anyway.

Leave a comment:

• grumbler
    replied
    Originally posted by jolty
    I would have loved to see LOTR go to series I for one have more than enough confidence in JMS that he could have made a great series out of it. I think the people who bitch about LOTR are the same crowd who hated Cusade. In fact they would hate anything new JMS did because it doesn't have the characters they know. And they aren't willing to give it a chance.
    No, I liked Crusade but didn't like LotR much. Not that I doubt for a moment that it would have been turned into a decent series, there were just too many elements that didn't fit in at all well for me, and most of them, frankly, can be laid a JMS's door. Luckily, he is the kind of guy who can see the flaws in what he does, correct them, and move on. Doesn't mean we have to ignore the mistakes he DOES make, so I would argue that "those who bitch about some things in LotR are the same people who bitched about some things in "Infection."

In short, your whning about ofther peoples' "bitching" is pretty funny. Your sweeping generalizations are even funnier.

Leave a comment:

• Stunaep
    replied
    That's kinda funny, yeah. Garibaldi is obviously from the Gathering, since he still has his hair, while Sheridan is post-S5 looking, and I agree with Londo.

Not that your average customer notices these things. I'm just happy to get all that commentary-goodness.

Leave a comment:

• OmahaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger1
    Amazon finally have the final dvd cover on its site

I like the cover, but it's wrong ... Susan never appeared in the EarthForce uniform in any of the movies. Garibaldi appeared in the Gathering, but they are using the series uniform on the cover, not the Gathering uniform .... And Londo ... should be bigger, more front-and-center.

Leave a comment:

• AmyG
    replied
    I think the people who bitch about LOTR are the same crowd who hated Cusade.
    Actually, I know at least a handful of fans who are _rabid_ about Crusade and still hated LotR. I think you nailed it more accurately with your later statement about them not willing to give it a chance. When people complain about LotR, I like to remind them to revisit how they felt about "The Gathering" at the time. I think that, as pilots go, "Rangers" was _far_ stronger than "The Gathering," and look what series came from "The Gathering"! Sheesh, people.

Aisling

Leave a comment:

• figarojonez
    replied
    Just curious, but what were the differences between the original and new cuts of the Gathering? I've only seen one.

Leave a comment:

• jolty
    replied
    I would have loved to see LOTR go to series I for one have more than enough confidence in JMS that he could have made a great series out of it. I think the people who bitch about LOTR are the same crowd who hated Cusade. In fact they would hate anything new JMS did because it doesn't have the characters they know. And they aren't willing to give it a chance.

They are the same crowd who couldn't stop talking about something as small and utterly insignificant and totally fixable as the "karate weapons system". They are the same crowd who saw nothing worthwhile about season 5 because of no Claudia.

Why these people can't just wish the B5 universe well and give things a chance and stop attacking everything that doesn't fit there greatest expectation I will never know.

And they also are the same people who will also complain about TMOS when it comes out. Trust me this crowd won't like it they don't like anything new.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger1
    replied
    Amazon finally have the final dvd cover on its site

Leave a comment:

Working...
X