X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garibaldi's Hair
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt.Montoya View Post
    The media jargon I know for what ACtA was to Crusade is Backdoor Pilot.

(those that actually know can correct me, of course)
    Well, my understanding is that you have that back to front.

Legend of the Rangers was a "backdoor pilot" because it was commissioned as a standalone TV movie, but SFC (who commissioned it) were happy to turn it into a series if it was a big enough draw for the viewers.

A Call To Arms was commissioned as a B5 TV Movie at a time when the Crusade TV series was already going to happen. It is therefore not doing the job of a pilot (of any kind) but serving as a segue between the two stories, moving the whole thing on from B5:TOS (as it were) into Crusade.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lunan View Post
    speaking of any word on TLT continuing?
    Nothing so far. Maybe once JMS digs out from under all of the deadlines he's been facing he'll be able to tell us when to even start looking for word.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    To expand a bit on KoshN's reply, JMS had indicated at the Hawthorne convention that the feature film, 'The Memory of Shadows' (aka TMoS) would have at least some of the Crusade story in it but since that dead-ended, I don't know what, if any, more of it we'll ever see.

Jan
    one must always hope jan. if(and with b5 this is a big if) if wb decides to do more lost tales dvds maybe we'll get some of our crusade answers there.
    speaking of any word on TLT continuing?

Leave a comment:

• nova
    replied
    Not a problem, Nova. And I appreciate the sentiment but I've often forgotten things and been corrected so I hope *nobody* just accepts what I say as gospel.

Jan
    Well it was the best I could come up with. I initially thought of "there's nothing more annoying than Jan when she's right" ... haha. But you're not annoying so it doesn't quite work...

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    Welcome back Crusader (the poster formerly known as 'munnp001' ). One sentence bothers me a little:

Didn't Galen hitch decide to go along (mostly) because he already knew Gideon?
    That's the explanation we get in the campfire scene at the end of "War Zone", but if you remember, Galen was joining Dureena at the end of "A Call to Arms". I took the latter as him joining up to help find the cure to the plague. Spoiler for the Crusade Unfilmed Script "End of the Line":
    From the unfilmed scripts, we also know it's to be on the lookout for use of shadowtech by the younger races (e.g. Earthforce Black Projects) and stop that use. He knows that Gideon is going to run into shadowtech in his search for the Earthforce Black Projects Shadow Hybrid ship that destroyed the Cerberus.

I remember Dureena commenting that she'd expected Galen but that he wasn't there yet...
    Yes, near the beginning of "War Zone", but at that time she doesn't mention Galen by name and Gideon doesn't know to whom she's referring.

and then he revealed himself to Gideon.
    First in the audio only message to Gideon early in "War Zone", and then at the campfire scene near where he saved Gideon's life.

Plus, it might be a good idea to mention that Galen's an unofficial member who comes and goes as he pleases.
    True, for reasons revealed in the Legions of Fire trilogy of novels.
    Last edited by KoshN; 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    well as long as we are talking about crusade. has joe ever considered "finishing" the series? in book form perhaps, maybe with outlines like was done fro the techno-mage books?
    To expand a bit on KoshN's reply, JMS had indicated at the Hawthorne convention that the feature film, 'The Memory of Shadows' (aka TMoS) would have at least some of the Crusade story in it but since that dead-ended, I don't know what, if any, more of it we'll ever see.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• KoshN
    replied
    well as long as we are talking about crusade. has joe ever considered "finishing" the series? in book form perhaps, maybe with outlines like was done fro the techno-mage books?
    No, because he intended Crusade to be a TV show.

Believe me, I've asked.

Leave a comment:

• Capt.Montoya
    replied
    The media jargon I know for what ACtA was to Crusade is Backdoor Pilot.

(those that actually know can correct me, of course)

Leave a comment:

• Lunan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    When in doubt, ask JMS:
    Subject: Crusade Confirmed
    To: CIS
    Date: 5/4/1998 5:32:00 PM
    {original post had no questions}

No, A Call to Arms isn't a Crusade pilot, it's a B5 movie that
    somewhat sets the stage for the new show, but is not a part of it.

jms

Jan

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Originally posted by Crusader View Post
    But i think A Call to Arms is widely viewed as a pilot to crusade. And i believe i used the words "serves as a pilot" rather than "is a pilot"
    Your call, but "pilot" in the television industry means something specific even if common usuage blurs the definition. Just thought you might want to adhere to the industry jargon since you put so much effort into the many details there.

Leave a comment:

• Crusader
    replied
    Originally posted by WorkerCaste View Post
    Just a quick thought... "A Call to Arms" wasn't actually a pilot. It was a B5 movie that acted as a transition or introduction. It featured almost none of the regular characters (Galen and Dureena begin the exceptions). While pilots can have casting changes, this case was somewhat different in that it was never meant to be the cast of the series.
    But i think A Call to Arms is widely viewed as a pilot to crusade. And i believe i used the words "serves as a pilot" rather than "is a pilot"

Leave a comment:

• WorkerCaste
    replied
    Just a quick thought... "A Call to Arms" wasn't actually a pilot. It was a B5 movie that acted as a transition or introduction. It featured almost none of the regular characters (Galen and Dureena begin the exceptions). While pilots can have casting changes, this case was somewhat different in that it was never meant to be the cast of the series.

Leave a comment:

• Crusader
    replied
    Welcome back Crusader (the poster formerly known as 'munnp001' ). One sentence bothers me a little:

Didn't Galen hitch decide to go along (mostly) because he already knew Gideon? I remember Dureena commenting that she'd expected Galen but that he wasn't there yet and then he revealed himself to Gideon. Or am I forgetting something?

Plus, it might be a good idea to mention that Galen's an unofficial member who comes and goes as he pleases.

Jan
    Now that i think about it you are right about Galen, thanks. Ill make some changes in the coming days. And thanks for that little nod at the start of your post lol

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Not a problem, Nova. And I appreciate the sentiment but I've often forgotten things and been corrected so I hope *nobody* just accepts what I say as gospel.

Jan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X