About Lennier...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Lennier...

Again bothering you guys/girls with questions. In Objects at Rest Lennier takes off to go about the galaxy etc. Has JMS given any hints as to what's going to happen to him and is he going to redeem himself, because in SiL it is indicated that he's dead ... or still missing, not sure which one.

-Dip

Spoilers ...

At some point after Lyta and G'Kar come back (and Lyta removes Michael's blocks), Lennier and Lyta go around fighting the telepath war ..... And are killed.
    "Jan Schroeder is insane" - J. Michael Straczynski, March 2008

The Station: A Babylon 5 Podcast

Comment

Ok, thanks. I was expecting something Lennier-saves-the-galaxy-and-then-dies-stuff )

Comment

Lennier and Lyta go around fighting the telepath war ..... And are killed.
        i wasn`t aware of what happened to Lennier after he left, could you tell me the source of this info about him?
        "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Originally posted by jal
          i wasn`t aware of what happened to Lennier after he left, could you tell me the source of this info about him?
          It's from an early draft of the Crusade script "The Path of Sorrows". Prior to not being able to come to an agreement with Pat Tallman to appear in the episode, there's a scene where she's escaped and in the fighting, a Minbari is seen fighting. She calls the name Lennier just before the explosion. Also, in the Crusade Writer's Bible under Supporting Characters, JMS wrote:

"Lennier, former aide to Delenn, is decease, killed in action during the telepath crisis of 2265."

Of course, like Londo, we now know what happened but nothing about why or how he got there. After all, Lennier and Lyta had little or no contact when they were on the station together. We don't know how (or if) he redeemed himself in Delenn's eyes, either.

But I hope we find out.

Jan
          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

many thanks for the info man, it`s nice to get another loose end tied up.
            "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

Though we should remember that what didn't appear on the screen isn't canon, and JMS can kill him off in some other way this time without "cheating."
              I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                Though we should remember that what didn't appear on the screen isn't canon, and JMS can kill him off in some other way this time without "cheating."
                True. Or not kill him off at all. A whole lot can change between a shows bible and what appears onscreen, too. As proven by the B5 bible.

Jan
                "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

While that is quite true, I'm fairly confident that we'll still see Lennier die in the Telepath War. However I'm sure the "how" will be something quite intresting indeed

Comment

Just as a side note, in the commentary for that episode, I recall JMS saying when Lennier's name was mentioned, "Very sad story there." So it's pretty certain he's dead there, and JMS obviously has a story in mind for it. Whether that's what made the Crusade script or not (keeping in mind this commentary is many years more recent), no idea. But there ya go.
                    Radhil Trebors
                    Persona Under Construction

Comment

In Babylon Five it's the..

Who, What, Where, Why.
                      Visitor from another time-space-distortion-anomaly...

Comment

While that is quite true, I'm fairly confident that we'll still see Lennier die in the Telepath War.
                        I agree. When they were shooting S5 Bill Mumy went to JMS very upset and concerned about the turn his character suddenly took. JMS told him, "This puts you exactly where I need you for the Telepath War" - which we now know was being discussed as a theatrical film that would move the original cast to the big screen once Crusade was established on TNT at that very time.

While JMS may change some of the details of Lyta's and Lennier's fate because "Path of Sorrows" was filmed without the characters, it is unlikely that he's going to make a major change like disconnecting one or both from the Telepath War. (I'm also not convinced that even the first draft of "Path" was actually meant to show the events surrounding their deaths, since all we see is them planting a bomb and then an exterior of the base exploding. Anyone who has ever watched an old Saturday morning movie serial, Indiana Jones movie or TV series end-of-season cliff-hanger can tell you that unless you see the body you should never assume a character is dead. And even then you shouldn't be too sure. As written "Path" left plenty of room for either or both to have survived that particular attack.)

Regards,

Joe
                        Joseph DeMartino
                        Sigh Corps
                        Pat Tallman Division

Comment

I know that the B5-novells aren't the best source for information, but I read the Fate of Bester and in that novell Garibaldi indicated that Bester was responsible for Lyta's death. Do I remember correctly ?

Comment

What we know for sure is that by Sleeping In Light Lennier is dead. He is part of the toast to those "friends departed" including Londo, G'Kar and Marcus.

Comment

Let us not forget....Lyta is the 'telepath equivilant of a doomsday bomb'. Anything is possible

Worse than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams
                              I had the dagger in my hand! And he has the indecency to start dying on his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X