TLT Review Up Over at AICN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLT Review Up Over at AICN

Was originally a little scared - AICN can be a VERY Anti B5 Place - but review seems very fair and even handed:

[EDIT: Mild spoilers in the link]
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33386

Fred

Edited to add spoiler warning. --Jan
    Last edited by Jan; 07-20-2007, 10:05 AM.
    I am a man of a not insignificant build. Standing 6'1, 205 lbs with a good more of that muscle than chub. Aged some 36 years, I can - if I choose - put on an imposing aura. There are - however - 22 words that can reduce me to a quivering mass of weeping tears. A pitiful semblance of a 5 year old boy who just watched his puppy get ran over in the street. Those words? - As for Delenn, every morning for as long as she lived, Delenn got up before dawn and watched the sun come up

That was a very good and balanced review.

Thanks for that link!

Comment

I have to agree , looks very balanced
      Jan from Denmark

My blog :

http://www.babylonlurker.dk

"Our thoughts form the Universe - they *always* matter"

Comment

Hehe, that's because it was posted by someone who's a regular here.

Actually, though the talkbacks can be very negative places (for a lot more than B5!), there's at least one AICN editor (Merrick) who's a big fan and has been following TLT fairly eagerly, and the head TV guy (Herc) while he doesn't seem to be a fan, has at least kept people informed of it without passing comment either way.

Comment

Funnily enough, I was on a plane from Romania to London a few months ago and got to talking to Harry Knowles, who apparently is a big B5 fan and told me he had read everything related to B5 I've written. I would have sent him the review for the main section but for the fact that he just got married and probably had a few more important things on his mind.

Ironically, some years ago, I was in Sun Valley when I got called into the producers' office about a review of 'In the Beginning' that had just run on AICN. I was asked flatly if I had written the review, which of course I hadn't. I promised the producers that in the event I ever wrote a review for the site I would tell them, which is why I e-mailed JMS to let him know. I don't think one should ever write a review unless you're prepared to accept responsibility for what you write.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
            Funnily enough, I was on a plane from Romania to London a few months ago and got to talking to Harry Knowles, who apparently is a big B5 fan and told me he had read everything related to B5 I've written. I would have sent him the review for the main section but for the fact that he just got married and probably had a few more important things on his mind.
            This is so cool! Not having been at AICN at all for a couple of years (lack of time) I'm happy for the guy. He seems to be a really fun person.

Who is the lucky one? What's her nick at AICN? Are there pictures?

Regards
            Interstellar Alliance - Sweden's largest Babylon 5-club
            http://www.babcon.org/

Comment

I'm afraid that's the first and only time we met, but I think there's a story or two about the wedding on AICN.

Comment

Working...
              X