Group Watch: Sic Transit Vir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Watch: Sic Transit Vir

Vir gets introduced to Lyndisty, who pops up in the semi-cannon Book 8 of the original novels to bring some further light to her character, though I'm not so sure if I can honestly suggest that book. She's a tad racist this one, and Vir starts to realize it over the course of the episode. She gets downright creepy at the end.

Here we find out that Vir has been secretly hiding Narn and trying to keep them alive/well treated, showing his compassionate side. A good man stuck in a bad position. I've been reading the Centauri Trilogy, and I really like how he continues to develop after the show ends. A must read if you guys haven't already.

The classic scene in this one is when Vir starts to ask Ivanova sex advice. Cracks me up. He provides such good comic relief as the arc's really starting to heat up here.
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
    I've been reading the Centauri Trilogy, and I really like how he continues to develop after the show ends. A must read if you guys haven't already.
    Agreed completely!

The classic scene in this one is when Vir starts to ask Ivanova sex advice. Cracks me up. He provides such good comic relief as the arc's really starting to heat up here.
    Another fave for me is the kiss that could have 'flattened several small cities'

I'd very much like to see a Lost Tale about Vir sometime down the road.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Going though these episodes the thing I notice is that with the non arc(at least not indepth) ones I tend to enjoy those that focus on comedy more(other than walking through gethsemane). It gives the show as a whole a bit more balance IMHO as your not having to invent life threatening tension every week.

This kind of episode is IMHO also a good example that while the phrase "tv actor" always seems to be a negative there is an undervalued skillset when done really well. The likes of Claudia Christian and Stephen Furst espeically really show that having that "jack of all trades" ability can add alot to a show when it comes to selling finding out about mass genocide and turning up for work naked in the space of one episode.
      Who are you?
      What do you want?
      What is the average inflight speed of an unladened swallow?

Comment

Originally posted by moreorless View Post
        Going though these episodes the thing I notice is that with the non arc(at least not indepth) ones I tend to enjoy those that focus on comedy more(other than walking through gethsemane). It gives the show as a whole a bit more balance IMHO as your not having to invent life threatening tension every week.

This kind of episode is IMHO also a good example that while the phrase "tv actor" always seems to be a negative there is an undervalued skillset when done really well. The likes of Claudia Christian and Stephen Furst espeically really show that having that "jack of all trades" ability can add alot to a show when it comes to selling finding out about mass genocide and turning up for work naked in the space of one episode.
        Agreed completely. Good times in this episode.
        Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
        True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Working...
        X