Group Watch: Ceremonies Of Light And Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Watch: Ceremonies Of Light And Dark

Delenn gets targeted with an assassination by some very very crazy nightwatch members. The casting on this was magnificent..these people are really creepy looking and acting. I like that Babylon 5 doesn't just cast normal looking medium build people for everything like most other series. It adds a realsim to the show.

Londo also deals with Refa's involvement with the shadows. I love his little poison thing. It's so amusing. And it's also nice to see Londo doing the right thing for awhile.

The third story involved is another rebirth ceremony that delenn is planning. We learn a little about Marcus..and a lot, tragically, about Lennier, who, as we also could have guessed by his stalkerish-attitudes. He knows she's faited for another, however. Lennier calls it "purer, higher" but we all know he just is after a piece of hot minbari/human hybrid tail.

They get the sexy uniforms in this one.

Oh yeah, the Sparky the Computer bit. That makes me laugh when dealing with Garibaldi's frustration. That's Harlan who's that asshole/funny voice! Never woulda guessed. lol

Oh..and ANOTHER prisoner reference...the bones song that the guy who is trying to kill delenn sings. Maybe JMS told them to cool it with references..but he sure puts a lot in there! Someone loves that show.

This is the midpoint of the Babylon 5 story.
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

One of my favorite lines is Londo to Delenn: "I've already been born once, and quite sufficiently, I think."

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Symmetry

I love that at the exact halfway point of the series, the episode closes with the same line as the pilot -- Babylon 5 is now open for business.

Marcus and Lennier are wonderful. The bar scenes are both hilarious ("Now I'll have to wait for someone to wake up") and touching (Lennier's confession). And I like the tension when Marcus touches Lennier ("we are not like you").

However, this episode has, by far, one of my favorite scenes in the series -- when Sheridan chases down the Nightwatch guy and beats the hell out of him. Yelling is often a sign of bad acting, but it's incredibly powerful when you've underplayed a character and made him as amiable as Sheridan.

"No more! No more of you! No more Nightwatch! No more hostages! No more LIES! Not on my station! Not on my watch! NO MORE!"

Fantastic. When my brother watched it, he IMd me that it was his favorite moment in the series. Just expressing the range and anger against Clark, Nightwatch and the whole thing.

----

Ivanova: Peek-a-boo?
      Garibaldi: Would you have guessed it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hal_10000 View Post
        I love that at the exact halfway point of the series, the episode closes with the same line as the pilot -- Babylon 5 is now open for business.
        Coolness. I knew that it was a repeated line but hadn't realized that. Very cool!

Agreed also on Sheridan taking down the Nightwatch creep. Every once in a while Sheridan's let us see just exactly how much things are effecting him. This scene and when he's defying Kosh and says, "Hell, my own government wants to kill me!" we see that while he's able to do what needs doing, he's still just a guy trying to do what he thinks is right.

Jan
        "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Working...
        X