Group Watch: Severed Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
    Clarke didn't send very many forces to secure B5 though...I find it a little hard to believe that that's all he had at his disposal. I guess he had bigger problems closer to home to contend with.
    Remember that they came in two waves. Why Smith never linked up with the reinforcements has never been made clear, but 4 destroyers and 4 cruisers, plus all of the supporting light craft, made a force pretty comparable to that sent against Proxima 3. They expected to find only the Alexander in support of B5.
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

It's been a while since I've watched this episode, or any episode for that matter, my schedule has been rather nuts. I've always said that this episode was my all time favorite. In fact if I remember correctly when the Space channel here in Canada had their Babylon 5 marathon one year on Boxing Day and the ones that aired were voted fan favorites, Severed Dreams was voted number one. Of course I had fun bugging my wife after that because I clearly wasn't the only one who loved that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
        Remember that they came in two waves. Why Smith never linked up with the reinforcements has never been made clear, but 4 destroyers and 4 cruisers, plus all of the supporting light craft, made a force pretty comparable to that sent against Proxima 3. They expected to find only the Alexander in support of B5.
        Clarks forces arriving in two waves was a rather obvious plot device but shear speed was IMHO a good enough justification for it, every hour B5 wasnt under his control was an hour it could be used to martial a resistance. A pair of Destroyers and Cruisers should have been enough to take the station if only the Alexander had been there plus of course there was the chance they wouldnt have to fight at all.
        Who are you?
        What do you want?
        What is the average inflight speed of an unladened swallow?

Comment

Well, not much to add. Great cool episode with an epic and climatic feeling, one of my all-time-favorites.

Comment

Working...
          X