Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMcD
    replied
    September 3rd is the day Battlestar Galactica season 3 is released in the UK. Seems like an odd day to pick for Lost Tales.. I wonder if Play just has their wires crossed?

Leave a comment:

• Falcon
    replied
    Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
    That was definitely NOT there last time I checked two days ago!
    Amazon.de has been offering the disc for ~2 weeks. But Amazon isn't the only source for this information. There are also some DVD websites publishing this date and a WB employee mentioned this date some weeks ago, too.

Leave a comment:

• Morden
    replied
    Originally posted by RMcD View Post
    In the past I've noticed that Play.com is a little more prone to posting wildly innacurate release dates and then revising them than Amazon, which usually gets it right first time. So perhaps it just hasn't been officially decided yet.
    Then it's interesting that WB announced the German version earlier than the UK one. Normally we don't have so much luck here .

So do I. But I'd rather wait than watch it in NTSC.
    Everything NTSC-compatible in my house, never noticed any quality differences (DVD-boxes of "The Shield" and "Lost" were the latest things I bought).
    But now that I notice how little the difference between the two release dates is (also shipping will take some time), perhaps I reconsider and buy the German RC2 version, just to support the sales numbers in our region.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by Morden View Post
    I think our friend Falcon may have referred to the German Amazon site where TLT is already listed. They give 24th August as release date, see here for yourself.
    That was definitely NOT there last time I checked two days ago!

However, luckily I own a codefree player, so I won't have to wait for any RC2-release...
    So do I. But I'd rather wait than watch it in NTSC.

Leave a comment:

• RMcD
    replied
    Originally posted by Morden View Post
    I wonder why there is no mention of a TLT-DVD on the UK's Amazon website.
    In the past I've noticed that Play.com is a little more prone to posting wildly innacurate release dates and then revising them than Amazon, which usually gets it right first time. So perhaps it just hasn't been officially decided yet.

Leave a comment:

• Morden
    replied
    WHERE did you see that?!
    I think our friend Falcon may have referred to the German Amazon site where TLT is already listed. They give 24th August as release date, see here for yourself.
    The German title is a somewhat exact translation of "Lost Tales - Voices in the Dark". Therefore, if a translated and synchronized (!) version can be expected that soon (I've already seen a corresponding WB Germany press release), I wonder why there is no mention of a TLT-DVD on the UK's Amazon website.

However, luckily I own a codefree player, so I won't have to wait for any RC2-release...

Leave a comment:

• raw_bean
    replied
    Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
    You do realise that you can buy a perfectly capable region unlockable (usually region free from the box, these days) budget dvd player for about the same price as the B5-TLT disk? It opens up so much extra choice becuase the region 1 titles usually have moe and better extras.
    Yeah, but... NTSC dude. Eeewww!

Originally posted by LightStorm View Post
    CANNOT WAIT! CANNOT WAIT! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!
    I have to agree there.

Leave a comment:

• I love Lyta
    replied
    Originally posted by Falcon View Post
    The German R2 disc is announced to be released August 24th.
    WHERE did you see that?!

Leave a comment:

• DGTWoodward
    replied
    Originally posted by Smudger View Post
    that the R2 release of TLT isn't until September????????
    Hello Smudger,

You do realise that you can buy a perfectly capable region unlockable (usually region free from the box, these days) budget dvd player for about the same price as the B5-TLT disk? It opens up so much extra choice becuase the region 1 titles usually have moe and better extras.

CANNOT WAIT! CANNOT WAIT! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by SmileOfTheShadow View Post
    That...is a really good question. What piece of media would warrant a spoiler space on a message board prior to B5?
    Mysteries, horror, movies, books, other TV shows...just about anything not everyone is likely to have had a chance to view/read/experience. It wouldn't have to be an arc show for people not to want to know the ending of an episode that they haven't seen.

No, I'm quite sure the term 'spoiler' was around pre-B5.

Jan

Leave a comment:

• SmileOfTheShadow
    replied
    Originally posted by RMcD View Post
    btw, was the term 'spoiler' ever used before B5? It's about the first thing I can remember seeing it used in connection with..

That...is a really good question. What piece of media would warrant a spoiler space on a message board prior to B5?

Leave a comment:

• RMcD
    replied
    I'm funny about spoilers, for B5 it's never wrecked my enjoyment one bit, and I was the same about the Star Wars prequels, since so much of the fun was in the build-up and anticipation which seemed to outweigh the excitement of watching them once unspoiled (actually in the case of the Star Wars prequels, pretty much all the fun came in the anticipation before release day ).

But for Lost and the new BSG, I make an extreme effort to avoid spoilers. Dunno why I make exceptions for those two in particular. Probably because they don't have the same re-watchability.

Anyway, I will be waiting the 5 extra weeks for Lost Tales, and I want to be spoiled on every detail..

btw, was the term 'spoiler' ever used before B5? It's about the first thing I can remember seeing it used in connection with..
    Last edited by RMcD; 06-11-2007, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Smudger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jan View Post
    'fraid not, Smudger. We got the release date for Region 2 from the Play.com site. I know it's hard but 5 weeks isn't nearly as bad as some of the season sets were delayed, is it?
    Granted, this is very true!

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    Isn't it wonderful to have to worry about B5 spoilers again??

Jan
    As someone who only caught up with the B5 universe after S5 had aired, it a novel but wonderful feeling to have to worry about B5 spoilers! Here's to having to worry about more in the near future!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    Originally posted by Smudger View Post
    Jan, do you have any info on the R2 release from the great man himself?????
    'fraid not, Smudger. We got the release date for Region 2 from the Play.com site. I know it's hard but 5 weeks isn't nearly as bad as some of the season sets were delayed, is it?

And yes, folks, please be SURE to mark spoilers as well as note whether there are spoilers to be found if any links are followed (such as the link to the TLT Soundtrack).

Isn't it wonderful to have to worry about B5 spoilers again??

Jan

Leave a comment:

• Falcon
    replied
    The German R2 disc is announced to be released August 24th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X