Converted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converted.

Last night..my GF came over around 10, and saw that I was watching something sci-fi from the corner of her eye but wasn't sure what it was.

She was pisssssed. I said, "What's wrong?"

She replied in an angry tone, "You're watching it [babylon 5] without me?!!"

I said, "No no, this is Stargate."

"Oh, good."

We have another faithful!
    Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
    True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

So...it's obviously a match made in heaven. When's the wedding? How 'bout July during Comic-Con?

I trust you promptly redeemed yourself by popping in some B5 for her, right?

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
      So...it's obviously a match made in heaven. When's the wedding? How 'bout July during Comic-Con?

I trust you promptly redeemed yourself by popping in some B5 for her, right?

Jan
      Yup. "And Now For A Word." Which she thought was a "stupid episode," I'm sorry to say. I love those off beat eps.
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I managed to convert my girlfriend and her mother. I finally got around to buying the movie collection DVD's and lent them to my girlfriend. I still haven't gotten them back yet.

Comment

My wife and I have completed the 2nd season together and so far she hasn't been quite excited about the show as much as my ex girlfriend. She loves Londo and Delenn but she's not really crazy about Sheridan because she can't relate to him. She loves the (wink wink) final episode of season 2 if you know what I mean with Kosh but overall so far she isn't quite as excited about this show as much as I hoped.

I'm not sure if this is really her cup of tea or what. She still plans to watch the show until the end but any words of advice or suggestions?

Of cours she told me that she wasn't quite the Star Wars fan until the new trilogy came out with Hayden playing Anakin for the first time either.

But still great that your girlfriend loves the show so much...we shall see what happens with my wife

Alex
          "The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace..It Failed...In the year of the shadow war it became something greater...Our last best hope for victory..the year is 2260..the place Babylon 5"--Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova (opening main title narration from B5)

"Faith...Manages"--Delenn and Lennier from B5
          "Oh, boy, is this GReAT!!"--Stephen Furst as Dorfman (Flounder) from Animal House

V--"For Victory. Go tell your friends"--Abraham Bernstein from V
          myspace.com-babylon5fan07

Comment

my advice... keep going. if seasons 3 and 4 don't get her... nothin will. although the end of season 2 is usually enough to pull most folks in.

Comment

If that doen't work, you have to go the hard way and show her...
              "ANDROMEDA"...!
              But after that, she'll like every other scifi-show, I suppose...

Comment

Andromeda? she will kick him out of the house, God that show was LAME
                Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5fan07 View Post
                  Of cours she told me that she wasn't quite the Star Wars fan until the new trilogy came out with Hayden playing Anakin for the first time either.
                  If that is the case, I'm afraid there is little for it but to say "there's no accounting for taste."

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger1 View Post
                    Andromeda? she will kick him out of the house, God that show was LAME
                    Agreed, that's what I meant.

Originally posted by TurkishZath View Post
                    If that is the case, I'm afraid there is little for it but to say "there's no accounting for taste."
                    Also agreed.

Comment

I'm about to convert my neighbour, I guess.
                      She borrowed and liked ItB and now borrowed The Gathering.
                      What's up Drakh?

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                        just keep her away from LOTR for as long as possible.
                        "The trouble with being a cynic is that you eventually get labelled as a highly reliable fortune-teller"

Comment

I've never been able to watch LoTR all teh way through, may try it again tongiht, just for G'Kar.
                          Phaze
                          on the "why didn't someone else go insane under the chngeling net used in lLotR" ID
                          "There are no good wars. War is always the worst possible way to resolve differences. It degenerates and corrupts both sides to ever more sordid levels of existence, in their need to gain an advantage over the enemy. Those actively involved in combat are almost always damaged goods for the rest of their lives. If their bodies don't bear scars, their minds do, ofttimes both. Many have said it before, but it can't be said to enough, war is hell. "

Comment

Originally posted by I love Lyta View Post
                            You gave her ItB BEFORE letting her watch the first 4 seasons??? Sacrilege!!! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Morden View Post
                              If that doen't work, you have to go the hard way and show her...
                              "ANDROMEDA"...!
                              or Star Trek: Voyager.
                              Mac Breck (KoshN)
                              ------------------
                              Warner Brothers is Lucy.
                              JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
                              Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

Working...
                              X