SPOILERS - New Lost Tales article: CGSociety feature Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILERS - New Lost Tales article: CGSociety feature Part 2

CGSociety have fially posted part two of their series of Lost Tales articles:
    http://features.cgsociety.org/story_...?story_id=4102

Part one is here:
    http://features.cgsociety.org/story_...?story_id=3971

Slight spoilers in part one, haven't read part two yet (see how much I love you all? :^) ), so cannot say. Saying, I would know. Do not know, so cannot say.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by raw_bean View Post
    Slight spoilers in part one, haven't read part two yet (see how much I love you all? :^) ), so cannot say. Saying, I would know. Do not know, so cannot say.
    Greater love hath no fan than he post a link before reading the article.

BTW, thanks for remembering to caution about spoilers in your thread title.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

From what I could see, the spoilers in part 2 are roughly the same things that got spoiled in the first part.

Very cool article though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        Greater love hath no fan than he post a link before reading the article.

BTW, thanks for remembering to caution about spoilers in your thread title.

Jan
        No problem, I live to serve.

Originally posted by Shabaz View Post
        From what I could see, the spoilers in part 2 are roughly the same things that got spoiled in the first part.
        Yeah, I'd say so. Still makes to spoiler tag applicable though.

Originally posted by Shabaz View Post
        Very cool article though.
        Yup!

Comment

Originally posted by raw_bean View Post
          Yeah, I'd say so. Still makes to spoiler tag applicable though.
          Oh, I wasn't saying it isn't. Just that if you read part 1, but are worried about further spoilers beyond what was said there, they aren't really in this article.

Comment

They really didn't give away many plot points. Just where some of the scenes were being shot and who's in it. It was really cool to see all the back work that goes into the CGI and set designs though. Crazy technology these days.
            Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
            True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

I agree with Shabaz, the spoilers in this part of the article are pretty much the same as was found in part one of the article. It sounds like a pretty large spoiler, but it would require context with in the story to say for sure, plus it's something that is partially seen in the trailer.

Comment

The first page is spoiler free. The second would be if it wasn't for that one heading..

Interesting that they devoted so much space to rebuffing the concerns about the ship sizes (giant Minbari cruisers etc) I wonder if they're reading these boards?

Comment

Originally posted by RMcD
                  ...The second would be if it wasn't for that one heading..
                  That and the listing at the end of what's coming up in part three of the article, but that references the same thing that the heading does.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcD View Post
                    The first page is spoiler free. The second would be if it wasn't for that one heading..

Interesting that they devoted so much space to rebuffing the concerns about the ship sizes (giant Minbari cruisers etc) I wonder if they're reading these boards?
                    Well, it sort of reinforces what Sinclair said about the Minbari cruisers in "The Gathering" - they're frickin' huge!
                    Only a fool fights in a burning house.

Comment

I dunno, I liked the big Sharlin on the script site's picture from the beginning. They're right I think in saying that in the show, some of the relative scales may at times have been eyeballed, and that the scale difference weren't quite as pronounced as they could be. I like the larger scale differences we seem to have now, yet it still is not too far off from what we saw in the original.

Comment

Well I looked at the site they reference (b5tech.com), and that lists the Sharlin as being similar in length to a Centauri Primus, and almost as long as an EA Omega class, but obviously the Sharlin's *much* taller than it is long, so going by those stats it should indeed be "frickin' huge"!

Comment

I have in mind the scene in In the Beginning where an EA cruiser rams the midsection of a Sharlin. There's also a scene where a Starfury crashes through the top of one. And in a couple of episodes we see Starfuries fighting Centauri heavy cruisers and crashing into EA ships. Although it's pretty hard to extrapolate from these, I didn't really get the impression that the Minbari cruiser was 20 or 30 times the size of the Centauri ship, as it seems to be in the new intro.

EDIT: Just found this huge article about it on the b5tech website: http://www.b5tech.com/science/scale/...ize_myths.html

How big is a Sharlin? Seems like any size it wants to be. But there's no way I'm going to argue with anything this detailed. /EDIT
                          Last edited by RMcD; 06-08-2007, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RMcD View Post
                            EDIT: Just found this huge article about it on the b5tech website: http://www.b5tech.com/science/scale/...ize_myths.html

How big is a Sharlin? Seems like any size it wants to be. But there's no way I'm going to argue with anything this detailed. /EDIT

Now, that's quite a cool and interesting article...! But his conclusions seem to be correct.

Comment

Working...
                            X