News on TLT Soundtrack release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on TLT Soundtrack release

If you're avoiding spoilers, you won't want to follow this link but I think it's great news that there will be a soundtrack for TLT. Oddly, according to this site, the soundtrack is due out a few days before the DVD.

Gotta love this part:
    Warner Bros. Home Entertainment releases the already best-selling DVD BABYLON 5: THE LOST TALES on July 31.
    Emphasis added by me.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

I'm going to for sure purchase the soundtrack first before the movie comes out but I'm going to be a good boy and not listen to it until after I see the movie. I haven't done that in a long time when buying soundtracks but this time I have to behave myself!!

Thanks Jan for the information!

Alex
    "The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace..It Failed...In the year of the shadow war it became something greater...Our last best hope for victory..the year is 2260..the place Babylon 5"--Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova (opening main title narration from B5)

"Faith...Manages"--Delenn and Lennier from B5
    "Oh, boy, is this GReAT!!"--Stephen Furst as Dorfman (Flounder) from Animal House

V--"For Victory. Go tell your friends"--Abraham Bernstein from V
    myspace.com-babylon5fan07

Comment

Ah, that's really cool. Interesting to see that this one isn't published by Franke's own label that did a lot of the previous b5 music CDs. On the hand, it's nice to directly buy the music from the creator, on the other hand, this publisher might allow the CD to have a bit of a wider release.

Comment

Jan, bear in mind that advance sales on sites such as Amazon have already been very high, so technically they're very much within their rights to say so.

Comment

I don't think Jan was exactly objecting to the phrasing, Joe.

Comment

It's great to get that hint that someone somewhere is already taking note of the preorder sales..
            Last edited by RMcD; 06-05-2007, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nazzaro View Post
              Jan, bear in mind that advance sales on sites such as Amazon have already been very high, so technically they're very much within their rights to say so.
              Shabaz is right, I was definitely not objecting to that phrasing, I think it's cause to celebrate. Unfortunately I didn't see any way to pre-order the soundtrack.

Babylon 5...endures!

Jan
              "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I will be getting this for sure. I like that it's already best-selling 2 months before it even comes out woot!
                Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Ah, another B5 soundtrack to add the 30 that I already own.

Comment

I'd really love it if they included the DVD suite from the Season 4 DVDs, too.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                      Mmm, I agree with you Jan I would love that suite to be included. I haven't been inclined to grab it off the DVD yet for some reason though, probably a lack of time.

Also thanks for letting us know about the soundtrack release, I was really hoping that it would come out as I really like Franke's B5 music and it is nice to have a new CD of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                        Agreed. I finally grabbed it from the DVD so I could add it to my personal audio collection.

FP

Comment

I have a request from anyone here... I absolutely love the B5 soundtracks including the episodic soundtracks with Claudia Christians dialogue in season 3. Is there any way that I'm able to get a hold of the other 4 seasons with the dialogue on cd? Especially season 5..the whole flashback to the first 4 seasons with dialogue means a lot to me. If the dialogue opening credits isn't available on cd how would I be able to record my own? I'm willing to pay anyone who is willing to do a recording of the 4 seasons that have opening dialogue

Alex
                          "The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace..It Failed...In the year of the shadow war it became something greater...Our last best hope for victory..the year is 2260..the place Babylon 5"--Lt. Commander Susan Ivanova (opening main title narration from B5)

"Faith...Manages"--Delenn and Lennier from B5
                          "Oh, boy, is this GReAT!!"--Stephen Furst as Dorfman (Flounder) from Animal House

V--"For Victory. Go tell your friends"--Abraham Bernstein from V
                          myspace.com-babylon5fan07

Comment

You may use one of those free recorders for Windows, put in the DVD and record your own track.
                            OR you might have a close look at the site www.babylonsounds.com - it's obviously in German, but the navigation is simple and the names of the audio files can be easily identified.
                            http://www.babylonsounds.com/media/s...5_vorspann.mp3 is the link to the direct download of the seaon 5 intro as MP3-file.
                            I remember that there was another English website online some years ago, something like b5music.com or babylon5music.com, but I can't find it at the moment.
                            As for the CDs, I don't know if there are any available at the moment containing the music AND the spoken dialogue, but perhaps someone else around here has an idea.

Comment

The soundtracks from season 3 have the opening sequence music and Ivanova's monologue. None of the rest of them do, that I recall.

Jan

Comment

Working...
                              X