No announcement yet.

TLT trailer - Now Showing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheridan being in a starfury, I believe is a method Galen is using to show him what will happen.

I think the Trailer shows that the DVD is worth buying. The mention of something new from the B5 universe should always be worth buying to any fan IMO.

I Think in the case of calling it an original movie, Warner wants to be cautious and rightfully so. You won't know if it will sell just by going off of pre-orders. Pre-orders can be removed or changed. its how many actually make the sale and how many find it in the store and purchase it that will make the difference.

BTW, good to see all of you again!
    "It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain. If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world, because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past." -- G'Kar in Babylon 5:"In the Beginning"

Comment

Honestly spoken, I have expected much more of this "trailer" and I'm a little disappointed. Of course I'm glad about everything new we get of B5, and I am sure that "The Lost Tales" will be really good, but the trailer is really nothing that would make me buy the DVD if I'm no hardcore-fan. Even as hardcore-fan I'm not really electrified. Notice that there isn't even a "The Lost Tales" or "Babylon 5" - logo in the video (which would be expected at the beginning or the end). If you show this trailer somewhere or post it on youtube, you'll have to mention seperately that this is a B5 project.
      And again, I don't like the new website, it look's too unprofessional to me, and I hate videos without a "II"-stop-button .

Anyways, I'm looking forward to the DVD-release more than anything else in this moment, and I hope (and believe) TLT will live up to our expectations.

Comment

While it's true it's not suited to people not already familiar with B5, WB's stance seems to have always been (understandably and perfectly reasonably) that this is a DVD release for existing B5 fans, not a way to generate a new audience. That would be better done with a 'Next Gen' cast and time-period change or a 'BSG' style remake.

As a fan, I love it! Can't see any reason why any fan wouldn't.

Comment

There is well over a month in which a non-fan trailer can be released.
          Andrew Swallow

Comment

Graphics, well .. better than before, but the sounds .. the sounds. Just amazing what they had done with the soundtrack. Too bad this will never appear in a movie theater.

-Dip

Comment

It was only the other day my mother was saying she missed B5 and wishes there was more.

Wait till she gets a look at this...

WOW !!

Comment

Originally posted by raw_bean View Post

As a fan, I love it! Can't see any reason why any fan wouldn't.
                Of course I love it, I just expected a little bit more. Well, I have to admit, it get's better if you watch it a 2nd or 3rd time...

Comment

I'm watching at work with no sounds. But it still looks good.
                  "Books and ideas are the most effective weapons against intolerance and ignorance."
                  -- Lyndon Baines Johnson, February 11, 1964

-- "Gun's don't kill people, rappers do" The GLC

Comment

FINALLY saw the trailer when I got to work this morning. My home computer with the tin-can-and-string modem connection doesn't like that site at all. Love the trailer and can't wait for the whole thing!!

Originally posted by Shabaz View Post
                    And they're positioning TLT as another original movie on there, which is kind of odd. I can understand why they do it for tLaDiS, since that won't ever be anything more at this point, but TLT should at this point still be fully intended as a continuing series. In fact, I have been noticing that the whole 'anthology show' aspect has been curiously absent of various recent WB materials, TLT press releases and such. And VitD is only ever referred to as TLT, you have to work hard to find a mention of the subtitle in any of their materials. I can understand them not wanting to commit to too much yet at this point, but it is kind of odd how much they're de-emphasising this first instalment being a part of the TLT project, and not TLT in and off itself.
                    Thing is, at this point all it is is a direct-to-DVD movie and will be until WB commits to making more of them. Sure, we know that it's intended to be a series of Tales but if sales aren't enough to warrant it, Voices in the Dark is all we'll get.

Originally posted by tarasis
                    (Try 2) This does worry me as well, I would have thought that the presales on Amazon and other places would be enough to convince Warner execs that it is a good idea worth repeating.
                    I doubt they've even had the first meeting to discuss it yet. Remember, it's only been available to order for a little over a month. While I think that the strong presales will help, we don't know what the sales rankings on Amazon translate into numbers of disks sold. I don't think that we can expect any movement on the part of WB until at least a month after VitD comes out.

Jan
                    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Thing is, this is essentially a pilot project, and those often don't have a full commitment for the bigger project, yet rarely is the bigger project not mentioned at all. If all you have been going by is the official WB press and promo materials, you wouldn't know there is even the possibility of a second instalment, or that this was written as two anthology episodes, not a movie. I mean, it's probably just me worrying about nothing, but it's something I've been noticing with the press releases and the packaging and the official blurbs for a while, and I noticed it again on the website, and it just makes me scratch my head a little.

You'd think they would want to emphasise, like JMS did, that good sales of the first part could lead to more TLT, since it might make those interested in this more likely to buy the first part. It's just kind of odd that TLT and this one 'movie' have become one and the same thing, and being marketed in such a way that would actually make it harder to position a second instalment, if it should happen.

I'm not expecting them to make decision until a good chunk of the initial sales numbers are in either, but I'm just kind of confused how they've been positioning VitD.

Comment

Originally posted by Morden View Post
                        Of course I love it, I just expected a little bit more. Well, I have to admit, it get's better if you watch it a 2nd or 3rd time...
                        Ah, those halcyon days of having only watched it 2 or 3 times. Oh to look on it with such fresh-eyed innocence once again!

On which note, let's see if I can sneak in a tenth viewing before the end of the work day. God bless my iPod earbuds!

Comment

Originally posted by Shabaz View Post
                          I'm not expecting them to make decision until a good chunk of the initial sales numbers are in either, but I'm just kind of confused how they've been positioning VitD.
                          Well, once again, B5 is exploring new ground. There's never *been* a whole series of direct-to-DVD shows before to my knowledge so it doesn't surprise me that there's no mention yet of future ones.

It would be neat if in the future there could be a way to pre-subscribe to something like this so as to encourage studios to go ahead and green light multiple disks.

Jan
                          "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

I just had to post something after seeing that amazing trailer!!!!

It's like meeting up with old friends isnt it

I'm tearing up right now because this is the moment we have all been waiting for, a time we thought would never come, our hopes were crushed a few time when movie deals were cancelled and others made were not as good as we expected. But this is it...We've got Sheridan, Galen, and Lockey all played by the original actors with amazingly better special effects, Christopher Franke music and some classic B5 dialogue only JMS could write...faith manages does it not : )

Now I can't wait for the next one!!! lol

I want to see Delenn and Ivanova again!!!

Regards,

Marc
                            Last edited by shakiroz; 06-01-2007, 11:28 AM.
                            Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                              Well, once again, B5 is exploring new ground. There's never *been* a whole series of direct-to-DVD shows before to my knowledge so it doesn't surprise me that there's no mention yet of future ones.

It would be neat if in the future there could be a way to pre-subscribe to something like this so as to encourage studios to go ahead and green light multiple disks.

Jan
                              The closest thing I still can think of is the OVA business model in Japan for dtv animation. Though there is a superficial similarity in both of them targeting an enthusiast geek market, there obviously are a lot of pretty fundamental differences between the two.

I do wonder how they're going to position the second instalment of TLT should it be greenlit. The Lost Tales: Part 2? Or "The Lost Tales: Subtitles in the Dark", and hope people don't get confused? Maybe retroactively push TLT1 as TLT:VitD? I think the first one is probably the most likely, even though going with the subtitles would've been nicer, but probably too confusing with the first part being pushed without the subtitle.

Comment

I think a second part may have been greenlit already, but that Warners has realised that the optimal time to make the announcement will be at the release of the first installment in July, when interest is at its peak.

Comment

Working...
                                X