Date: 25 May 2007 13:41:19 -0700
    Message-ID: <[email protected] om>

FYI I'm told -- emphasis on told -- that the TRAILER for the B5 Lost
    Tales DVD will be going up on www.babylon5.com end of the day today or
    at some point not long thereafter.

jms
    Woo-Hoo!

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    I saw at least three errors just looking at the display of the characters (including one case where they have the wrong picture).

WB is to be congratulated on continuing a certain consistency in competence.
    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

I don't see that the site's been updated at all so far. Those have probably been there for years.

Jan
      "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        I don't see that the site's been updated at all so far. Those have probably been there for years.
        Aye, those errors have been there ever since I can remember.

Apparently it takes *over* a half-billion dollars in gross revenue to merit accuracy in WB promotional materials.

FP

Comment

I hope I don't break my F5 key before it's up.

Comment

Looks like they weren't able to finish all the programming before the
            holiday break; expect this Tuesday, in that case.

jms
            Awww... Oh well, still soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
              I saw at least three errors just looking at the display of the characters (including one case where they have the wrong picture).

WB is to be congratulated on continuing a certain consistency in competence.
              There are three errors that I'm aware of:

Beings - Supporting Cast - Neroon
              1. The picture is of Brendan Ford/Tannier from "Learning Curve".
              2. It's spelled "Neeroon" in the heading above the picture.

Beings - Supporting Cast - Clark
              1. The picture is of Raye Birk/William the interrogator from "Intersections in Real Time".

I've told them about these errors half a dozen times over the last four years and they never fix 'em. I put the errors up in a rastb5m post...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...65deaac?hl=en&

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...9eb6e72?hl=en& (added the "Neeroon" bit.)

...to which JMS replied (...but he didn't reply about the errors part of the post.)
              http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...1ad4281?hl=en&

...in the hope that maybe JMS could have 'em fixed. At least I know he saw the post. We'll have to see if anything changes, now. From the http://www2.warnerbros.com/babylon5 pages, they are clearly not interested in feedback about their website.

I sent them the corrections again, today, at http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/main/...er_service.jsp
              Mac Breck (KoshN)
              ------------------
              Warner Brothers is Lucy.
              JMS and we fans are collectively Charlie Brown.
              Babylon 5 is the football.

Comment

With luck they'll have just completely re-done the entire thing.

Jan

Comment

Originally posted by KoshN View Post
                  There are three errors that I'm aware of:

Beings - Supporting Cast - Neroon
                  1. The picture is of Brendan Ford/Tannier from "Learning Curve".
                  2. It's spelled "Neeroon" in the heading above the picture.

Beings - Supporting Cast - Clark
                  1. The picture is of Raye Birk/William the interrogator from "Intersections in Real Time".
                  I didn't see the "Neeroon" (that's an awful font so i didn't look closely) but I did not (and you didn't) that the description says that he sacrificed himself to save Delenn and "later" took her place on the Grey Council (as "Zombie Neeroom"?).
                  I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
                    I didn't see the "Neeroon" (that's an awful font so i didn't look closely) but I did not (and you didn't) that the description says that he sacrificed himself to save Delenn and "later" took her place on the Grey Council (as "Zombie Neeroom"?).
                    That font (especially in the heading) does kinda make you want to rub your eyes, doesn't it?

Night of the Living Dead Neroon? Pat can battle him.

Good catch on Zombie Neroon, except that they spelled it correctly in the paragraph text.

Here's how the paragraph should look:
                    Neroon took Delenn's place on the Grey Council, causing it to become unbalanced, giving the warrior caste much greater influence in Minbari policy making. He then came to Babylon 5 to prevent Delenn from becoming Ranger One. Neroon later sacrificed himself to save Delenn's life and to stop the Minbari civil war.

Do you want to give that to WB or shall I?
                    Mac Breck (KoshN)
                    ------------------
                    Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

I'd guess it'll be rendered a moot point later today.

Comment

Originally posted by raw_bean
                        I'd guess it'll be rendered a moot point later today.
                        Tuesday. Monday is holiday in the U.S.

Originally posted by koshN
                        I've told them about these errors half a dozen times over the last four years and they never fix 'em.
                        Well, given that they haven't updated the site at all since adding an advertisement for the Rangers pilot DVD, and did very little for years before that, this is hardly surprising. (The entire site languished when TNT picked up the show and created their own site, and again when the Sci-Fi Channel picked up the series. Since Sci-Fi dropped it, the show hasn't even been on the air in reruns, so maintaining or correcting the site - which costs money - wouldn't make any sense for WB.)

I'm with Jan in guessing they're going to do a substantial revamp of the site in anticipation of TLT - and probably revive the message boards.

Regards,

Joe
                        Joseph DeMartino
                        Sigh Corps
                        Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino View Post
                          Well, given that they haven't updated the site at all since adding an advertisement for the Rangers pilot DVD, and did very little for years before that, this is hardly surprising. (The entire site languished when TNT picked up the show and created their own site, and again when the Sci-Fi Channel picked up the series. Since Sci-Fi dropped it, the show hasn't even been on the air in reruns, so maintaining or correcting the site - which costs money - wouldn't make any sense for WB.)

I'm with Jan in guessing they're going to do a substantial revamp of the site in anticipation of TLT - and probably revive the message boards.

Well, I did get this canned response Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:37 PM, and I never even got that, before. So, who knows? Probably means nothing. <shrug>

Hello,

We have received the request you sent to (I removed the email addy.). An engineer will review your request and get back to you as soon as possible with an update or any questions. If this is an urgent (emergency) issue, please email (I removed the email addy.). Emailing (I removed the email addy.) will page the on-duty engineer, and he/she should respond within 30 minutes.

If this is not an emergency issue, an engineer will respond as quickly as possible, during normal WB ADS working hours.

Thank you,
                          Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services
                          Technology Operations
                          Last edited by KoshN; 05-28-2007, 08:39 AM.
                          Mac Breck (KoshN)
                          ------------------
                          Warner Brothers is Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino View Post
                            Tuesday. Monday is holiday in the U.S.
                            It's a holiday in the UK too. And even though I spent the day relaxing first at home with family and then later in the pub (with friends and other family), it's really quite amazing that I managed to simultaneously believe it was tuesday and we'd be getting the update today.

Comment

Well, I did get this canned response Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:37 PM, and I never even got that, before. So, who knows? Probably means nothing. <shrug>
                              Er, maybe it means that they're ramping up to restart the site and therefore once again sending auto-replies and actually doing something with incoming e-mail? Nah, guess it couldn't be that.

Regards,

Joe
                              Joseph DeMartino
                              Sigh Corps
                              Pat Tallman Division

Comment

Working...
                              X