Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what do we think is going to happen in Lost Tales?? (SPOILERS!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMcD View Post
    Okay, that makes sense to me.. Actually I would have loved to see how Max Eilerson would have reacted to the whole going renegade thing, being a loyal corporate animal. Maybe he would have undergone a G'Kar-like transformation? There's someone I would definitely like to see getting his own Lost Tales segment.
    I liked all of the Crusade characters and would love to see all of them again.

Do we know what Galen would be doing in the Lost Tales timeframe? I'm guessing he's not with the Excalibur anymore. Does the technomage trilogy touch on it?
    Not that I know of but it's been a long time since I read it and as I recall there are plenty of time periods unaccounted for.

Jan
    "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

It does sound cool, and I hope elements of it end up in TLT. On the other hand.. Unscrupulous rogue factions inside the Earth government abusing shadowtech to pursue their own agendas? Our heroes forced to turn renegade inside their own ship? Didn't we just spend five years watching that show? Hopefully JMS had some even more shocking twists in store..
      I am sure that JMS was going to handle this very differently, as it was a completely different kind of show. Besides which, the differences between an Excalibur not knowing whom to trust (one of the key phrases in the show's intro, remember?) and a political falling-out a la B5, are great.

I sure would love to know what role the Apocalypse Box was going to play. I think JMS had introduced that because it was going to throw some real curves into the plot. Gary Cole was such a great bad guy in other series that I was looking forward to him turning to the Dark Side for a while.

Pity we never saw this.
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

Okay, that makes sense to me.. Actually I would have loved to see how Max Eilerson would have reacted to the whole going renegade thing, being a loyal corporate animal. Maybe he would have undergone a G'Kar-like transformation? There's someone I would definitely like to see getting his own Lost Tales segment.
        Agreed. Eilerson was my favorite Crusade character, hands down.

Do we know what Galen would be doing in the Lost Tales timeframe? I'm guessing he's not with the Excalibur anymore. Does the technomage trilogy touch on it?
        TLT takes place after the Crusade and Technomage Trilogy timelines (and, for that matter, Crusade takes place after the Technomage Trilogy ends).
        I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

A few things and some more speculation to add, based on the trailer, the accompanying text, and the new diaries.

Firstly, it seems the Centauri attack and the destruction of New York is a vision of a possible future that Sheridan has to avert. It seems to be Vintari's fault, so possibly the purpose of Galen's visit is to urge Sheridan to kill Vintari. How would Vintari become powerful enough to do this? Well, presumably overthrowing Londo would be a good start, since as Cartagia's son he seems to have a much better claim to the throne.

Taking the throne would also mean he would acquire a keeper, and since the Drakh seem hell-bent on destroying Earth, this would all seem to make sense. So this story is kind of similar to the old 'if you could go back in time and kill Hitler when he was a child' scenario, except worse because Vintari probably isn't himself innately evil.

JMS also stated in one of the new diaries that the two segments are one big story told from two different points of view. I guess that could mean that the resolution of the two is connected somehow, since there doesn't seem to be much connection otherwise.

The guy in segment 2 is definitely possessed. Actually we have seen possession stories many times in B5 before, but guessing at the nature of whatever is possessing him is quite interesting - is it something new or something we have seen before? Whatever it is it seems to like fire, and at one point in the trailer we see the whole of B5 surrounded by flame.

Finally, I wonder if the Sheridan's lines 'ten years since the world changed etc.' were recorded specifically for the trailer (we saw him reading them in one of the diaries) or if he's actually going to deliver them as dialogue. B5 is about the only show I can think of where characters actually talk like this sometimes in everyday conversation while maintaining a straight face.

Just some things to ponder..

Comment

Working...
          X