Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what do we think is going to happen in Lost Tales?? (SPOILERS!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what do we think is going to happen in Lost Tales?? (SPOILERS!!)

I noticed there doesn't seem to be an active thread devoted specifically to the plot of TLT, for people like me who can't get enough of spoilers.. I think we know some of the details from all the set photos and diaries etc. that have now been released, but people can probably fill some more of this in and put me right where I've got it wrong. Maybe somebody out there has read the script?

This is a summary of what I think is known so far:

Segment 1: Begins with Sheridan aboard a previously unseen Alliance cruiser, apparently travelling to B5 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Alliance. As part of this he gives an interview to an ISN reporter (perhaps Mary Ann Kramer, who previously appeared in two S1 episodes, though it's not the same actress), in which he waxes philosophical. At some point he then encounters Prince Regent Vintari, Cartagia's son, whom Londo has decided to place under his protection. Sheridan has a vision, which seems to be imparted to him by Galen, who may or may not actually appear in the flesh. The vision may involve a space battle between Earth and the Centauri, and does involve the destruction of New York City. For some reason, Sheridan chases after Vintari, who appears to have stolen one of B5's Starfuries (Sheridan also in a Starfury).

Segment 2: I think we don't know as much about this one. Colonel Lochley and Father Kelly, a priest have to deal with a man who seems to be suffering from demonic possession, and at one point levitates in the middle of a cathedral of flame.

So what's missing here is a general sense of what is driving the plot in segment 1? What is the deal with Vintari? Why is Sheridan warned about the Centauri, and why is it Galen that warns him?

The other thing I'd like to know is what exactly the link is between the two segments? I think it's been said that they happen concurrently or very close in time, and both seem to involve B5, so do the characters actually meet, and are there any specific scenes that will appear in both, maybe from different perspectives?

Most importantly, will there be any exciting new revelations along the way, maybe setting things in place for the future?

Couple of points:

JMS said the first disc included scenes on Earth, Minbar, Mars and B5. Earth would be the vision of New York, B5 is obvious, Mars was the Garibaldi story that's been delayed, but Minbar I would imagine must be the Sheridan story. I think it's safe to say the story starts on Minbar, before Sheridan boards the Presidential Cruiser.

JMS said that there was a scene or sequence of scenes that tied the two parts together, that featured Sheridan, Galen and Lochley. Hence there was overlap in the filming that had Tracey Scoggins, and Bruce Boxleitner and Peter Woodward, there simultaneously for a brief time.

Comment

I think that the link is some kind of Centauri attack on Earth, which Sheridan will find is really not the Centauri at all (hence Prince Vintari). Galen's involvement implies the Crusade plot line of leftover Shadow tech, and maybe even the Shadowtech-created neo-Technomages.

I cannot think of any way to link the neo-Technomages to pseudo-Centauri ships, but I bet JMS can!

And do we know that Prince Vintari is Cartegia's son? I would have thought Cartegia to be too young to have a son this old. I was thinking he was another nephew of Emperor Turhan.
      I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

What are neo-techomages ? I assumed after the techomage trilogy, that they weren't able to create any more of the tech, and even if they would it would've been ethically impossible since it took one person to die (in a quite horrible way) to create the implants.

-Dip

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler View Post
          And do we know that Prince Vintari is Cartegia's son? I would have thought Cartegia to be too young to have a son this old. I was thinking he was another nephew of Emperor Turhan.
          Yes, we know it. JMS said so, at the Con in New York earlier this year.

As for ages, Keegan Macintosh (Vintari) is not quite 23. Robert Wortham Krimmer's (Cartagia) age isn't readily available on the net, but I'd say in B5 he could have been somewhere in the vicinity of 30-35. Factor in the ten years difference between when last we saw Cartagia and when we meet Vintari, and you could easily have a young man in his late teens to early twenties sowing his oats and fathering an illegitimate son.

Besides, we don't know how long Centauri childhod lasts, how quickly they grow/age, or how soon they can reproduce, not with any accuracy.

Comment

According to IMDB he and his wife have been married since 1978 ... almost 30 years ... so a son the age of Vintari is perfectly plausible.

In Earth terms of course.

He is also now working under his birth name, Robert Krimmer.
            The Optimist: The glass is half full
            The Pessimist: The glass is half empty
            The Engineer: The glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Comment

I think that the link is some kind of Centauri attack on Earth, which Sheridan will find is really not the Centauri at all (hence Prince Vintari). Galen's involvement implies the Crusade plot line of leftover Shadow tech, and maybe even the Shadowtech-created neo-Technomages.
              Something I hadn't actually thought of - is the attack actually happening in realtime as Sheridan views it? I had thought it might be a warning of what might happen at some point years in the future if Sheridan did nothing to avert it, but thinking back to Galen's visions in A Call To Arms, they did seem to be more a kind of remote viewing via a probe.. Does this mean New York really is going to get squashed in the B5 timeline, just like San Diego?

Originally posted by raw_bean View Post
              JMS said the first disc included scenes on Earth, Minbar, Mars and B5. Earth would be the vision of New York, B5 is obvious, Mars was the Garibaldi story that's been delayed, but Minbar I would imagine must be the Sheridan story. I think it's safe to say the story starts on Minbar, before Sheridan boards the Presidential Cruiser.
              Interesting. I don't think that we've glimpsed any sets yet that would correspond to Minbar, so perhaps it's being recreated entirely in CG? Or maybe it's one of those council chamber scenes - no set and spotlights.

Comment

Minbar

Comment

Nah, that's the Cathedral of Fire, not Minbar.

Jan
                  "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dipper View Post
                    What are neo-techomages ? I assumed after the techomage trilogy, that they weren't able to create any more of the tech, and even if they would it would've been ethically impossible since it took one person to die (in a quite horrible way) to create the implants.

-Dip
                    In the unfilmed last script for Crusade, the crew discovers a secret Earthforce base in which new technomages are apparently being created by Earthforce using leftover shadow technology... thus finally explaining why Galen has been hanging around.

These Earthforce researchers (and their secret supporters (Earthside) were not hobbled by any sort of ethics, apparently. That, in fact, was going to be a driving force behind the real plot of the show for the last four years of the run.
                    I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying.

Comment

ARGH! Now I'm REALLY pissed that Crusade was cancelled...
                      What's up Drakh?

Comment

In the unfilmed last script for Crusade, the crew discovers a secret Earthforce base in which new technomages are apparently being created by Earthforce using leftover shadow technology... thus finally explaining why Galen has been hanging around.

These Earthforce researchers (and their secret supporters (Earthside) were not hobbled by any sort of ethics, apparently. That, in fact, was going to be a driving force behind the real plot of the show for the last four years of the run.
                        Yeah...I'm going to second Lyta on this one. I had no idea that was going to be the plot. DAMN TNT!!!
                        Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
                        True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

It does sound cool, and I hope elements of it end up in TLT. On the other hand.. Unscrupulous rogue factions inside the Earth government abusing shadowtech to pursue their own agendas? Our heroes forced to turn renegade inside their own ship? Didn't we just spend five years watching that show? Hopefully JMS had some even more shocking twists in store..

Comment

Well, we saw that EarthForce New Technologies Division was pretty unscrupulous in B5 - as was IPX. I think you're simplifying things too much, though. Remember that Captain Gideon was highly motivated by his survivors guilt for having lived when his old ship was destroyed. Going rogue to go after the ones who caused the destruction of his ship is a far cry from seceeding from Earthgov because of a corrupt president.

Pity. I would very much have liked to see Gideon's obsession take over and Mattheson struggle with his loyalty to Gideon vs his loyalty to Earthforce.

Jan
                            "As empathy spreads, civilization spreads. As empathy contracts, civilization contracts...as we're seeing now.

Comment

Okay, that makes sense to me.. Actually I would have loved to see how Max Eilerson would have reacted to the whole going renegade thing, being a loyal corporate animal. Maybe he would have undergone a G'Kar-like transformation? There's someone I would definitely like to see getting his own Lost Tales segment.

Do we know what Galen would be doing in the Lost Tales timeframe? I'm guessing he's not with the Excalibur anymore. Does the technomage trilogy touch on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X