New to the community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the community

Well I guess that this is as good of a way as any to get started in posting. I have been a B5 fan for may years as most of you have been. I own the entire series on DVD at the exception of Cuisades. That is the last one I have to get but money is a little tight at the moment.

As most of you I have loved the character development in the first 5 seasons of B5. I have loved all the twists and turns that JMS has taken us through and how the emotions can run deep. I still cannot watch the series finally without tearing up and getting a dry mounth. When Sheridan dies thats it Emotions run high.

So I wanted to introduce myself a little and get to know opther B5 fans from arround the world. I will look through different threads as well to see what has been talked about. I will try not to repeat older subjects unless it is time for the subject to be re-visited.

Tiamat126
    The years is 2260 and this is the story of the last of the Babylon stations

Hey Tiamat (good group btw) and welcome to our little family.

*waves*
    Sleeping in Light-----Darnit! Shut the Window.

Comment

Welcome Tiamat! The more the merrier. You can start going through the show with us and discussing if you'd like too Speaking of which..it's wayyy past time I post a new episode. Got sick over the weekend.

Anyway, enjoy the boards!

Jon
      Flying Sparks Web Comic - A Hero and Villain In Love. Updates on Wednesdays
      True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Which season are we at? And what episode? I have seen the thread on the color purple but as I have not perused my B5 collection in a while I cannot for the life of me remember which season it is at. I will use as an excuse that I am in the middle of renovating my Media room. Been at it for over 1 year now.

These darn large theater room concepts drive me nuts LOL But it is a labour of love and soundproofing an existing home is really not easy.

Tiamat

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat126 View Post
          Which season are we at? And what episode? I have seen the thread on the color purple but as I have not perused my B5 collection in a while I cannot for the life of me remember which season it is at. I will use as an excuse that I am in the middle of renovating my Media room. Been at it for over 1 year now.

These darn large theater room concepts drive me nuts LOL But it is a labour of love and soundproofing an existing home is really not easy.

Tiamat
          Just posted a new one. Getting to the end of season 1. Want to finish the show again before TLT comes out.
          True Believer Reviews: Comic Reviews and Interviews on Wednesdays and Fridays - Or Your Money Back!

Comment

Welcome Tiamat. Always fun to greet new members!
            "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

WokerCaste What got you interested in B5?

Same Question applies to you Smiles Of the Shadows

Comment

I would spend every day after my birthday at my grandparent's house as kind of a birthday hangout thing. They left the TV on day and night. One time I was there and A Voice In the Wilderness was on. Being a star trek fan, I was curious about this strange space show...and so I watched it, became interested.

Didn't end up watching the show again til season 2 actually, but at that point I started getting religious about it and followed it through til it was on TNT..and for some reason I couldn't watch it at the time they put it on then. I think it was a team practice for basketball or volleyball, so I missed season 5 til it came out on dvd. One of my fav shows by that point though.

When it came out on dvd...and I watched the show again. I became OBSESSED. And I messaged Jan on aol because she had b5 in her profile. She kept talking to me for some reason...so...I got into the community, which is even more fun than the show itself at points.

How bout you?

Comment

We share a little of the same story. My brother and I worked at the same place for a while and he had mentioned that a new space show was comming out. Now the store closed at 5:00 Pm and the show started at 5 at the time. So since I had the keys to the store I stayed a little longer.

On a side note I had not yet watched the gathering and In the begining so I was a little lost. Anyways I lost interest rather fast as I had not let the character development take place. I just remember seeing G'Kar for the first time and I said thats it I am out.

A year later season when Bruce came onboard I got really interesed and followed it all the way through to TNT. Now that was a late star here in Canada 11:30 PM on Tuesday nights.

How obsesed was I with the series you may ask... I remember a particular Tuesday I went for a first date with this gorgious girl I met while working in a bar... Well I cut the date short so I could get home , set up my Video cassette and record the episode without commercials. LOL

Needless to say the girl and I never had a date after that... LMAO Oh well you need to know where your priorities are and mine were with B5

Tiamat

Comment

WokerCaste What got you interested in B5?
                    "I was there at the dawn of the Third Age of SF TV."

Well, maybe not the dawn. I didn't do conventions and I wasn't online, but I was always a SF fan so I kept a look out for new TV and movies. I heard about this new pilot through TV advertising, so my wife and I tuned in to give it a chance. At the time, we both thought "The Gathering" was good, but not great. It was entertaining enough, though, so that we decided to watch it when the series began. Then we kind of lost track because it took so long to go to series. We did manage to hear about the start of the series (amusingly enough when we first heard about the new series we didn't connect it with "The Gathering"... it had been THAT long!) We started watching getting more and more hooked until "Signs and Portents" when I would say we officially became big fans. From there we talked it up to others, started viewing parties, loaned out tapes, and even signed up for satelite TV when the fifth season went to TNT. That's the sad story of my addiction.
                    "That was the law, as set down by Valen. Three castes: worker, religious, warrior."

Comment

Not a sad Story at all WorkerCaste not at all. YOu watched it with your wife and that is a good thing. Here in Canada I have problems trying to find a GF that loves SF and wants to watch it with me LOL

So not not a bad little story at all.

Tiamat

Comment

I came across B5 for the first time in a sci-fi issue of TV Guide. It had Sisko and Picard on the cover (debut of DS9). Inside were previews of DS9, The Gathering, Space Rangers and some other show that I don't recall, but I believe it had something to do with psychic powers. I still have the issue, actually. Anyways, I did watch The Gathering and found it to be decent, but we didn't have a PTEN affiliate, so I didn't see any more of B5 until TNT. I taped episodes in jumbled order, but I did get several Season 4 episodes in a row, including TIoT. Didn't watch the show in full until the DVD release. I think DVD has spoiled us. I couldn't watch B5 on a week by week basis. Same thing with BSG, which I've never watched on a first airing.
                        Recently, there was a reckoning. It occurred on November 4, 2014 across the United States. Voters, recognizing the failures of the current leadership and fearing their unchecked abuses of power, elected another party as the new majority. This is a first step toward preventing more damage and undoing some of the damage already done. Hopefully, this is as much as will be required.

Comment

Well Lesson In Machismo that must have been a chalange then to have watched B5 in the order that you did. The Arc of the story must not have been evident at all until you watched it on DVD.

Now that you have seen them I hope that everything became clear in the end. you must have said a few times while watching the DVD's ... Oh now I get it.. LOL

Ty for sharing your experiance in watching B5

Tiamat

Comment

How obsesed was I with the series you may ask... I remember a particular Tuesday I went for a first date with this gorgious girl I met while working in a bar... Well I cut the date short so I could get home , set up my Video cassette and record the episode without commercials. LOL

Needless to say the girl and I never had a date after that... LMAO Oh well you need to know where your priorities are and mine were with B5
                            You are a bigger fan than I, my friend.

Jon

Comment

In hine sight, I should have brought her back to my place so we could watch B5 together and see if I could have gotten her hooked on the series... Could have been a beautiful start to something LOL

Tiamat

Comment

Working...
                              X